#21 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 13:54

Heavy Weight

Please confirm that this just means you have to have the gold on hand, and not that it costs me 8+ million for 4.375% damage every time it activates lol :lol:

Wouldn't that be a gold sink, eh?

#22 TheSlope

TheSlope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 13:57

Armored Strike - ok
Guild Buffer - great!

Others - I won't add or use any of them. Worthless, IMO.

Thanks anyway :roll:

#23 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 13:58

An overall remark:

The announcement of this thread was:

"We'll be posting up more information on the upcoming new skills next week, including the planned placement of them in the skill trees, stamina costs and any changes we've made to them since we posted the list on the forum (based on your feedback and our own thoughts on them)."

So I am a bit disappointed to only see lvl 1600 buffs being discussed. This is not what I expected from the announcement. I had hoped to see suggestions for new buffs being placed at the 200 level gaps in the skill tree. :(

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 14:08

BG or Hoof, these are just the mods you have planned from the last update, or these will be the only skills?

These are just the 1,600 buffs. We have 1,800 and Potion only buffs in the works too but 1,600 will be released first.

#25 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 14:10

Guild Buffer.

I was hoping this would not be in the new level 1600 buff release. Someone posted " this would encourage Guildies to help one another " or something along those lines. How? If your Guild has an EOC player in it? I am sure there are many like me who are highest in level within our Guild and are required by law ( hehe ) to buff fellow Guild members when its required. This buff would be of greater help to a greater number of players and Guilds if it had been lower down the scale in my opinion. Hopefully it will be :wink:

Cheers.

wil72

#26 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 March 2013 - 14:38

Heavy Weight - sounds like more of a PvP buff, I'm not going to carry over 8 million gold around for a 4.375% damage boost.

Allied Frenzy - Ok I guess, but don't think many use Assist in the first place.

Armored Strike - liking this one

The 3 Defense buffs - no interest, thus no opinion on these

Guild Buffer - awesome buff!

Epic Craft - good, but need to know how that works exactly. Can you craft beyond the normal Perfect stats? This could make the AH a little more interesting :)

Gold Foot - not bad, considering the cost is the same as the gold stamina upgrade.

#27 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 14:41

An overall remark:

The announcement of this thread was:

"We'll be posting up more information on the upcoming new skills next week, including the planned placement of them in the skill trees, stamina costs and any changes we've made to them since we posted the list on the forum (based on your feedback and our own thoughts on them)."

So I am a bit disappointed to only see lvl 1600 buffs being discussed. This is not what I expected from the announcement. I had hoped to see suggestions for new buffs being placed at the 200 level gaps in the skill tree. :(

+1 nothing like just the minimum...

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 14:55

Thanks HCS... nice to see it finally going into play.

The most interesting comment I've seen so far is wil72's... and I agree. The Guild Buffer seems ill-placed at 1600 (for the moment at least). My first thought was maybe 700.... then I thought about Imp and thought 400... then I thought about 900.... I don't know, lol.

My point however is that I believe (and could be wrong) that EOCers need ways to use their stam, not save it. ,oP

Heavy Weight... love it. I also do not believe any of the higher levels who say they won't use it... just wait until the next XP event, for example, lol. I also think (as a few have commented) that lower levels will benefit from it...

I might suggest that it be a variable level buff... along the lines of Counter Attack (for example), so people can choose their level and what they feel "comfortable" with... Not sure exactly how much that would affect things... but I'm always happy for any gold sink buffs (yeah, PvP is a gold sink and great for everybody in the game... so there! rotfl).

As far as the comments of becoming a target... indeed, buff yourself accordingly or if you fear so much for gold, don't use it... There are plenty of ways to protect your XP if you're an overzealous leveler.

Gold Foot:

Somebody said they wouldn't use it because they preferred paying the upgrade for 5k... Yeah.... please remember that it is capped at 100 stam... The FSP upgrade (assuming 170k) comes out to about 6,800.

More gold sinks, more! lol

All in all, as usual.... some will be unhappy... please go sulk in the corner... but before you go... you could join me in a tiny bit of applause for HCS' work and, especially, listening to some extent (try arguing with that bit, rotfl) to player input.

Thanks HCS... also, please don't forget to make it so that I'm the best in the game with no effort... I've been waiting forever ,oP

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#29 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 14:57

Disappointed none of the proposed thieving buffs are at 1600( or lower in the skill tree).

Armor boost AND defense boost should both be available at the same time ( in my opinion) , and why decrease the boost from .1% to 0.05%, now to 0.02%? Thats too low. Set them at 0.05% per point.

this!!!

all i wanted when i saw the original lineup was armor boost AND shield wall, i could live with 0.02% but as stated 0.05% is better, makes them worthwhile.

#30 shoefly

shoefly

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:14

It would be nice if these skills were available to lower levels as well as the high levels. I am in the 400 range and would like some new skills, please and thank you.

#31 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:21

They all look pretty good, except for the "gold on hand" buffs. Level 700 = 3.5 M in gold on hand? Or, 20 FSP worth at today's exchange rate? What's the point of that? And, who, and what level, is anyone going to have that much to spend on a hunt? Certainly, not a newbie; certainly not a player without at least 10K worth of stam -- probably more -- just to break even. That assumes, of course, you're not PvP'd for loss of gold AND XP while holding it out there...

Gold Foot + Sacrifice will make for a "0" gold gain for sure.

Unless I am wrong on my assumptions about this one, how does the cost of these buffs encourage players to play and not discourage them to play the game? And, for those who can buff them, how much will they charge to d so? How much could they possible expect to sell them for if the player is already losing vast amounts of gold to use them?

Finally, will at least some of these buffs be accessible to players at the lower levels (to use)?

#32 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:23

Posted Image
Heavy Weight
Increases damage in combat by +0.025% per point providing you have at least 5,000 gold multiplied by your level in hand.
I like the idea, as it would provide more targets for a little gold thieving...in theory. The buff would be far more useful if it was defense, and not damage, that got the boost.. but that's just me I guess.

Posted Image
Allied Frenzy
Increases the level range that Assist works by +1 level per point.
As said by others, why not just fix Assist instead of adding a second buff to actually make it work as should?

Posted Image
Armored Strike
+0.05% per point chance that your Armor stat is reduced to zero and your Damage is doubled. (PvE Only)
Why like this? Are you gonna alter Shield Strike to be the same?

Defense

Posted Image
Armor Boost
+0.02% per point to your Armor for each complete set equipped.
Why +0.02% ? Seems way low to me. Make it +0.05% per point. And where is the defense stat sisterpart? Should be added at the same time imo.

Special

Posted Image
Guild Buffer
+0.25% per point chance to reduce stamina cost of casting buffs on guild members by 50% (rounding up).
Why the need for this? And why only make the skill avail. at such a high level? Toss it in at around lvl 400-600 imo.

Posted Image
Gold Foot
0.05% per point chance to consume 5,000 gold from your hand instead of 1 stamina while moving.
I see no use for this, whatsoever. Just buy the extra stam, cost would be the same... and lightfoot saves more than enough stam while walking around as is

Those I did not comment on, I am either fine with or find irrelevant...so.. no need to take up more space than necessary :mrgreen:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#33 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:27

Thanks HCS... nice to see it finally going into play.

The most interesting comment I've seen so far is wil72's... and I agree. The Guild Buffer seems ill-placed at 1600 (for the moment at least). My first thought was maybe 700.... then I thought about Imp and thought 400... then I thought about 900.... I don't know, lol.

My point however is that I believe (and could be wrong) that EOCers need ways to use their stam, not save it. ,oP

Heavy Weight... love it. I also do not believe any of the higher levels who say they won't use it... just wait until the next XP event, for example, lol. I also think (as a few have commented) that lower levels will benefit from it...

I might suggest that it be a variable level buff... along the lines of Counter Attack (for example), so people can choose their level and what they feel "comfortable" with... Not sure exactly how much that would affect things... but I'm always happy for any gold sink buffs (yeah, PvP is a gold sink and great for everybody in the game... so there! rotfl).

As far as the comments of becoming a target... indeed, buff yourself accordingly or if you fear so much for gold, don't use it... There are plenty of ways to protect your XP if you're an overzealous leveler.

Gold Foot:

Somebody said they wouldn't use it because they preferred paying the upgrade for 5k... Yeah.... please remember that it is capped at 100 stam... The FSP upgrade (assuming 170k) comes out to about 6,800.

More gold sinks, more! lol

All in all, as usual.... some will be unhappy... please go sulk in the corner... but before you go... you could join me in a tiny bit of applause for HCS' work and, especially, listening to some extent (try arguing with that bit, rotfl) to player input.

Thanks HCS... also, please don't forget to make it so that I'm the best in the game with no effort... I've been waiting forever ,oP

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

Sure, I certainly applaud the new buffs to the game, but as far as I know now ALL buffs are available to all players of the game, with the cost nominal versus some of the costs to use of two of the new buffs.

Not sure I understand fully the cost of Heavy Weight and Gold Foot, but they do appear to put it out of the range of most players in FS. Maybe I am wrong.

#34 Shaydog

Shaydog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:30

good grief...., i have hundreds of extra skill points sat doing nothing and wouldn't invest one in those skills.

Can you come up with something else we can do with the points please, even an option to give them away would be better than not seeing anything to invest them in.

HCS please don't shoot me down for saying this, I mean this as a real expression of how I feel about the skill tree in general as a player who has committed time and resources into the game, sometimes knowing the users/customers are fed up is constructive feedback.

#35 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:32

Guild Buffer.

I was hoping this would not be in the new level 1600 buff release. Someone posted " this would encourage Guildies to help one another " or something along those lines. How? If your Guild has an EOC player in it? I am sure there are many like me who are highest in level within our Guild and are required by law ( hehe ) to buff fellow Guild members when its required. This buff would be of greater help to a greater number of players and Guilds if it had been lower down the scale in my opinion. Hopefully it will be :wink:

Cheers.

wil72

So, these are all level 1600 buffs? I hope that's not the case. There are many more guilds than we have level 1600 players to fill.

#36 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:39

The 'Guild Buffer' was my idea (don't know if anyone else propose that), but i think that buff can enter on 400-700 range, 1600 is way to high i think.

Gold Foot - 2,500 gold maybe?

Heavy Weight - Same as Gold Foot, half the price will be far.

Armor Boost - I'll love to that activated on me right now :)

I'll really like to a 'Light Foot' buff specific for areas where titans are acitves, everyone will enjoy this :)

#37 Serpntarus

Serpntarus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:41

was thinking you would spread some throughout the skills tree for some of us piss ants? guess not

#38 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:44

Disappointed none of the proposed thieving buffs are at 1600( or lower in the skill tree).

Armor boost AND defense boost should bot
h be available at the same time ( in my opinion) , and why decrease the boost from .1% to 0.05%, now to 0.02%? Thats too low. Set them at 0.05% per point.

+1 same thing i was going to say...

#39 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:45

Heavy Weight = at EOC (level 1,650) you need 8,250,000 gold on hand to get the damage bonus :)

As I recall from the forum that solicited ideas for new buffs, there was a lot of enthusiastic hysteria to have buffs that aid/improve PvPing. This may be a tradeoff -- making players have large amounts of gold on hand to use two of those skills. Certainly, this was done to improve/reward the PvPers.

I would have liked to have seen some changes that helped players defend against a PvPer by those players who would like to opted out of ANY PvPing. I think that would encourage players in both camps... 1.) These buffs reward the PvPer's efforts (more gold on hand to steal), 2.) A better defense for non-PvPers would present the challenge PvPers crave anyway. Win-win for everyone -- if that had happened.

#40 realking

realking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 16:11

I am sorry , butt the new combat lvl. 1600+ buffs are sucky !!

That is how i feel about them...nothing really cool about them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: