Photo

Make Solo or Duo Dungeons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Make Solo or Duo Dungeons (143 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have Solo or Duo dungeons to help people get gear due to decreased ability to find groups

1. Yes (101 votes [70.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.14%

2. No (40 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. Does not matter. (3 votes [2.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Theolla

Theolla

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 16:29

Good feedback so far.  I really like the idea of a mentor system that rewards the mentor for helping out a newbie in a duo dungeon.  I think you should have the option to do solo or duo dungeons, but perhaps not receive rewards as quickly as you would if you did it on the hardest difficulty with a full group.  I like to explore all the content I can at each level, not just zoom straight to the top, so the ability to at least play through dungeons I can't find a group for would be great.

#22 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2014 - 17:30

Have to vote no,when people are voting on this so far and giving feedback I'm seeing that it's only based of themselves and how it effects themselves not other classes. With solo instances regardless of its difficulty or amount of runs needed you will be eliminating a class from the game(templars) they are the least desirable class as it is,and a idea such as this to be brought in would just decrease them and decrease the amount of people prepped for groups for group dungeons. This game was designed this way for a reason,it's a MMO for you to be interactive with all other players of the game and work together for the purpose of achieving the best equipment in the game.

Helpful hint to most of you having problems finding dungeons...most of the time if you have a templar finding the DPS and prophet aren't as bad. If you can't find a templar,I'd advise specing into one to continue with your dungeons and upgrading,Our wave of 40's had to do it too.

Edited by HuMoR, 05 April 2014 - 17:32.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#23 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 17:31

Just some additional thoughts:

To avoid overpowering through dungeons with OP class in solo or high level assistance in Duo, we could have any of the following options:
1) Respec to one class temporarily for dungeon phase.
2) Scale dungeon to your class (which may not work).
3) Have a cooldown timer from the time you begin a dungeon until you the next time you can start a new dungeon to avoid speed runs.
4) Allow for a high level helper to earn rewards like prestige or valor point (or new award like Mentor points).
5) No repair bills for higher level players helping lower level players (higher level player is 5 or more levels above dungeon level

Humor, having an inferior 4 piece gear set will not hurt the current group structure - IMHO. I think the push should always be toward getting more people involved in groups. It's just not happening and this will help people get gear or meet others in duo runs that can lead to group runs and even better gear.

I personally have spammed for days and cannot find groups well before the expansion. I'm sorry, I am just not a huge social butterfly but I am by no means anti-social. I just feel it almost resorts to begging or kissing people behinds to get into runs. Most people have groups they run with regularly and that's great for them. I get online after 10:30pm and everyone is burnt and just PVPs. After the expansion, it's now grinding which is understandable now.

Edited by zargon, 05 April 2014 - 17:44.

#24 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2014 - 17:36

Humor, having an inferior 4 piece gear set will not hurt the current group structure - IMHO

It will,just like the crafted 30 sets hurt the to3 groups....the stats are slightly less so people just skip to3 and go for TR with their crafted 30 sets.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#25 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 17:47

It will,just like the crafted 30 sets hurt the to3 groups....the stats are slightly less so people just skip to3 and go for TR with their crafted 30 sets.

Well, these pieces cannot be crafted so you have to be involved doing the runs. I don't see your point. sorry.

Edited by zargon, 05 April 2014 - 17:47.

#26 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2014 - 17:52

Well, these pieces cannot be crafted so you have to be involved doing the runs. I don't see your point. sorry.

Point is stats with lightly less stats obtained through solo or duo  would drive players away from having to spend any time finding bigger groups thus making less people willing to do the big grouped instances if ever solo or duo was introduced as I hope it isn't, it would ruin a lot of this game. 

It isn't how you obtain the slightly less that matters,it's the effect those have on dungeon further down the road. people will save themselves all that time of seeking groups and just do the easier road,It's the human mind always seeking easier solutions.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#27 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 17:54

I fully understand and respect the purist way of thinking, that this is MMORPG and not RPG. I myself believe there can be a healthy mix if done right. This game needs help as it's lost many players. I know people are going to have a whole range of thoughts on this and that's great. I am not saying that my thoughts are the best. I am simply trying to come up with ideas. If anyone else has constructive ideas, please chime in. I am all for whatever will help this game. I like Eldevin and want to see it thrive.

But something needs to be done with not finding instances and it's not as simple as stating "just make friends".  I am sure you have all seen people looking for groups for long periods of times. So next time you see this and you are with your group you normally run with, give it some thought. They don't have it as easy making friends, being online during peak hours or they suffer from a decline of people playing the game. Ideas ! That's what's needed.

Edited by zargon, 05 April 2014 - 18:09.

#28 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2014 - 18:08

I would say eliminate the thought of solo or duo instances,BUT! implement a reward system that values and drives players to help others in dungeons especially lower leveled players. Can;t be something that is extremely amazing,but something that is almost a must,My opinion would be maybe reputations towards anything of your choice+some gold and prestige.

Just my opinion as it not only doesn't drive out a certain class or two.but also helps lower lvl players looking for help and experienced players willing to help for that set reward.

Edited by HuMoR, 05 April 2014 - 18:12.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#29 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 18:18

I would say eliminate the thought of solo or duo instances,BUT! implement a reward system that values and drives players to help others in dungeons especially lower leveled players. Can;t be something that is extremely amazing,but something that is almost a must,My opinion would be maybe reputations towards anything of your choice+some gold and prestige.

Just my opinion as it not only doesn't drive out a certain class or two.but also helps lower lvl players looking for help and experienced players willing to help for that set reward.

That sounds good. But now what to do about the higher levels needing runs. I'll be out there with other DPS and if lucky a healer and no tanks to be found. The tanks are burnt out by then. I have to be honest with you. It is 100% frustrating spamming for 5 hours a night and getting no runs at all. The tanks are busy. Having more tanks would be helpful but I don't have a magic wand to make that happen. I am building up one now but little help I can be at level 10 so far ;)

#30 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2014 - 18:27

That sounds good. But now what to do about the higher levels needing runs. I'll be out there with other DPS and if lucky a healer and no tanks to be found. The tanks are burnt out by then. I have to be honest with you. It is 100% frustrating spamming for 5 hours a night and getting no runs at all. The tanks are busy. Having more tanks would be helpful but I don't have a magic wand to make that happen. I am building up one now but little help I can be at level 10 so far ;)

That would be all on HCS tbh they need to do something to make the templar class more desirable rather then just dungeons.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#31 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 18:31

We play the game and we have a voice and HCS has shown us that they listen. Many changes have been made this way. If we point out what we need and people buy into it, then changes might be made.  If nobody says anything, then nothing changes. They know by us bringing it to their attention. We can't just say "this sucks, fix it". We need constructive ideas. Not dismissing issues if they do not pertain to you specifically. No offense meant by this but I see it a lot and it's human nature. If things are going well for the individual, then there is no issue. Things will not be going too well if our numbers keep declining. What do we do then when the numbers get very bad ? Tell HCS again "this sucks, fix it".  ?

Edited by zargon, 05 April 2014 - 19:01.

#32 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:44

reduce the size of the players needed to run going to defiantly need a different alt sets it would not be fair to other players who have done or will do a bunch of runs in the other dungeon and make the items more crafting so its no so ez to get

#33 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:14

What  about loyalty? We get loyalty if we help out a player in lower dungeon.We refer a friend,help them out in lower dungeons and get them to late game and then they do the same.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#34 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 18:46

What  about loyalty? We get loyalty if we help out a player in lower dungeon.We refer a friend,help them out in lower dungeons and get them to late game and then they do the same.

Very good idea. Anything that brings more people or helps to retain the ones we have is great.

#35 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2014 - 23:48

If there are solo and duo dungeons mobs, item stats, would have to be scaled to their appropriate amount.

Or have some kind of tiered thing where you have to start out as a solo dungeon to get the hang of things and once you have all the items from the solo experience, you can move on to duo's and then to a full party or something.

It would interesting to implement.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#36 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:33

Another possibility is to have an crafted set for level 45 and level 50. Doesn't need to be as good as the set you can get from the dungeons but useable so that you can work your way up. I know that at least one person is complaining that the level 30 destroyed the market for the t03 groups, but to be honest I think that this is a bit nonsense. The level 35 dungeon is way too hard for the level anyway.

At this moment I am working very hard to get to level 45 before everyone else got their sets so that I finally can join into the teams to get a set.. Having huge problems in the game doing content now. Skipping most elite quests now, as I have no hope of winning the battles. I know some offered to help me out, and I accepted on some other quests (thanks again!!).  But its starting to get depressive to have to ask for help again and again.

#37 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:52

my thoughts are leave dungeons alone they are what they are, if they arent part of a quest or mandatory part of the game then they dont need solo/duo capability, if its sets that are wanted then make a few obtained elsewhere maybe of mass farming of rare components and i mean lots and for WAY WAY less set bonus etc, if you wanna experience a dungeon and cant get a group do what i did and die 30 times in the vault and then wait till u are lvl 20ish and run the barracks solo .. in closing NEVER nerf something that works even if its being slowed by something like low population as when you nerf to where it favors a percentage of people they WONT let you change it back eg once population increases. sorry for text wall.

#38 Justme

Justme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:46

Organized guilds are needed, then the solo or group discussion will end, (I favor the solo at the moment).

#39 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 13:44

HCS is trying to make a good base for the game, they can't add solo dungeons and then remove them!

You say the sets are the best gear in the game. Shouldn't best gear be hardest to get? You are talking about sets as if they would be the ONLY armor in the game, that's not the situation. Get other gear and play other aspects of the game. The game is meant to be social, don't take it away. This is why other games fail (tons of players quits RS), they don't make any content where people need to be social. If you say: you haven't played the game long enough! I answer: I have played other games long, this game long enough to learn the game (from closed beta) AND I've read the forums!

Many games try to add social later, I know how that goes... I won't work, people try to get someone with them and then they take everything of worth (i.e in RS dungeoneering was implemented, people shout more than in this game, they take every single loot and don't share, people even "sell dungeons" where they help for cash). Maybe 100 have quit Eldevin while 100 000 000 have quit RS. Here the community are somewhat kind to each others, in RS people scam, bully, lure and hack accounts! That's what happens when you lack the need of being social!

I've seen TONS of threads complaining about this, but the ONLY solution is more players!!!! Keep this game up! When this game gets popular, you will be the pros of the game and then you get rewarded for the hard work! Also people complain that in Eldevin there ain't enough content and nothing to do, then people complain there is too much content, i can't get the ultimate best things on my level (that's you on this thread :P

HCS works hard to make this a great game don't ruin it with removing a big element, to be SOCIAL!

I'm completely against this! If you can tell me 10 things that make the game more social with solo dungeons, then i can write you more reasons why they should not be implemented!

Organized guilds are needed, then the solo or group discussion will end, (I favor the solo at the moment).

They will come!!! HCS is working really hard to make them!!! That has been on their todo list from closed beta and they could do it faster if you (who complain about solo/duo dungeons) would stop complain and instead get all your friends to this awesome game!!!

Edited by EJK, 07 April 2014 - 13:48.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#40 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:49

Well, I'm suggesting Solo and/or Duo. (solo is more for those who enjoy playing with limited involvement of others. Duo, with some of the ideas we posted, will help socially as it's a good way to meet people as well). As I said, the push is always to get more people to gravitate toward groups, with the rewards there always being better.  There are many people who run with the same groups. I suspect those are the same people not in favor of this. The same set of people getting rich from those runs and capitalizing on selling their wares to poorer folks struggling to get runs.

Edited by zargon, 07 April 2014 - 22:52.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: