33 replies to this topic

#21 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 14:27

If the person is hitting you and you are not carrying anything worthwhile but your XP, chances are the person doesnt like you and/or the person has a reason for hitting you.

Ive been often hired to dlvl people, after some hits they wouldnt carry any gold anymore. Or if someone was trash talking upon me, I return the favour by hourly 100 stam smashes. Up until it starts boring me OR when the person manages to get out of my range below or above.

So next time you wonder why youve been smashed by someone with 100 stam, it may have some sort of reason.

10 stam are usually friendly pats for prestige.

This is why I despair of PvP in this game.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#22 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 15:08

One tip. Don't post in the forums. Some have gotten attacked just for saying anything that may be construed anti pvp. Happened to me personally a few times. One even admitted. He wanted to see my "reaction "

Lol, suggest to someone not to post on the forums? Do you ever stop with the bully comments and references?

I'd never suggest to someone to stay away from the forums and I've delved in pvp for years. Done plenty of good and bad things( depending how someone looks at it)

As for the poster, I disagree and think protection is fine. Hcs has made it cheaper, and there's ways to protect xp and gold otherwise.

#23 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 15:57

Lol, suggest to someone not to post on the forums? Do you ever stop with the bully comments and references?

I'd never suggest to someone to stay away from the forums and I've delved in pvp for years. Done plenty of good and bad things( depending how someone looks at it)

As for the poster, I disagree and think protection is fine. Hcs has made it cheaper, and there's ways to protect xp and gold otherwise.

It's happened to a couple of posters as well as myself. So are you calling it bullying? I'm just telling him what may happen. ;)

#24 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 16:09

You suggested not to post on the forums in order to avoid pvp combat. And please don't try and twist words. I realize you try to incite arguments more then actual debates. I know the difference. I've been around a while ;)

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 16:14

So tell me... Does the chance of getting pvpd increase, decrease or stay the same when one posts something that can be construed anti-pvp. I think we all know the answer to that so my tip is good ;)

And I never called it bullying. You did. I wonder why?

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 16:23

Okay guys, play nice.

#27 Bloodqueen

Bloodqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 August 2015 - 20:13

True.Pvp is about hurting other players.

If you google Fallen Sword it never says anything about a pvp based game,So why are the cows so focused on it being one now?

You get awarded for pvp Via Pvp laddder and tokens.What about leveler tokens?

All levelers get is medal for being top 10 for month..Big WOW. medals

#28 Bloodqueen

Bloodqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 20:17

We are  trying playing nice. I want all opinions good or bad.

Think about this... what is done for the levelers?

You have us paying for Pvp protection.

What do Pvp players pay for? They get our gold and Or exp.

Then you award them for attacking others...

Does that sound fair?

Does HCS care about the non Pvp players at all?

Would it really be that hard to lower the price of Pvp protection?

Edited by Bloodqueen, 11 August 2015 - 21:29.

#29 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 21:35

So tell me... Does the chance of getting pvpd increase, decrease or stay the same when one posts something that can be construed anti-pvp. I think we all know the answer to that so my tip is good ;)

And I never called it bullying. You did. I wonder why?

What it comes down to is respect, I can tolerate pretty much any opinion regarding PvP as long as it's given in a respectable manner, when I see people belittling my style of gameplay or coming off as trollish or flame baitish with their comments, or merely pointing fingers and demonizing players for playing within the games rules, and I then find them in my range, yes, I will probably target those said people, have admittedly done so in the past, you know this full well too, chewy.

As Maeh has pointed out, you can be rather heated, argumentitive and absolutely biased when it comes to PvP in fallensword, you are pretty much in every PvP thread, constantly seeming to be bashing on a specific part of the community, many PvPers rightly or wrongly (can be arguably subjective), respond to that type of behavior by opportunisticly attacking the "offender". So I can fully agree with you that it does happen, but maybe not so much to those that can give their opinion without going out of their way to tar every PvPer with the same brush, as bullies and sadists and whatnot.

Don't fear PvPers, respect their style of play, whether you agree with them or not, most will leave you be and give you the same respect. those that don't and harrass, report, they are usually dealt with by the administration and warned to stop, and rightly so.

#30 Bloodqueen

Bloodqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 21:45

Nicely Said..I just want the same respect given back..

#31 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 22:05

Nicely Said..I just want the same respect given back..

I see you don't enjoy the PvP aspect of fallensword, that's absolutely fine, you are entitled to not like it, understand though that many do, it's been a part of the game many love for years, always a great topic of heated debate, where both sides can get extremely carried away and forget this is just a game.

As for your question as to what levelers have been given over the years, I can assure you, so very much, there was a time HCS wouldn't even consider PvP protection, then they eventually gave leeway and made it an expensive FSP upgrade, now it's reasonably cheap as a gold upgrade. There are many other things that have been decided in the anti PvPer crowd's favour, too many to list off the top of my head, but that's a big one.

Not every PvPer is out to "hurt" you, gold hits for example, are a great way to earn in game funds for those that don't donate and are willing to risk sacrificing their exp for those funds. I personally wouldn't attack anyone for less than 2.5 mil nowadays, if they manage to amass that amount of gold while walking through my leveling range, while having the many countermeasures to prevent it, who's really at fault? Am I an evil bully for participing in that part of the game? I don't feel I am, in fact, I'd turn it around and say the "victim" was more the bully when they start tirading in my log calling me all sorts and making all sorts of assumptions about me from a single encounter, I've had to block/report many for such behavior.

Again, I can understand you may have had bad experiences with some, just try not to tar everyone with the same brush, many PvPers are extremely friendly and will even help you with advice on how to prevent future encounters happening again, just food for thought, regards :)

Edited by Blacky, 11 August 2015 - 22:08.

#32 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 22:45

What it comes down to is respect, I can tolerate pretty much any opinion regarding PvP as long as it's given in a respectable manner, when I see people belittling my style of gameplay or coming off as trollish or flame baitish with their comments, or merely pointing fingers and demonizing players for playing within the games rules, and I then find them in my range, yes, I will probably target those said people, have admittedly done so in the past, you know this full well too, chewy.

As Maeh has pointed out, you can be rather heated, argumentitive and absolutely biased when it comes to PvP in fallensword, you are pretty much in every PvP thread, constantly seeming to be bashing on a specific part of the community, many PvPers rightly or wrongly (can be arguably subjective), respond to that type of behavior by opportunisticly attacking the "offender". So I can fully agree with you that it does happen, but maybe not so much to those that can give their opinion without going out of their way to tar every PvPer with the same brush, as bullies and sadists and whatnot.

Don't fear PvPers, respect their style of play, whether you agree with them or not, most will leave you be and give you the same respect. those that don't and harrass, report, they are usually dealt with by the administration and warned to stop, and rightly so.

Perhaps early on in my newbish attempt at forum participation is when I was peak trollish. Most of my recent banter has been pretty reserved IMHO. Take my response in this thread... Was I belittling? Was I disrespectful? All I was telling OP was simply that posting in forums with anything that could be perceived as anti-pvp will result in unwanted attention. Was I wrong? Has happened to me... has happened to other players. I see nothing wrong with that advice. Also, consider the written word... can be taken the wrong way and most assume as you do that I am absolute. I have said many times that the majority of pvp'rs are honorable players. But you have to admit, there are the rotten apples (on both sides) and when someone feels they have been slighted or disrespected, they want to ruin another persons game... allowing that game mechanic to stay is a big mistake and I will say that everytime. The rotten apples that may be a small percentage is what is ruining your reputation... not me... Allowing players to determine who should continue playing a game or not is just not healthy.

Also, respect goes two ways? Others have been equally baiting and trollish but only I get called out? What in game mechanic do I have if I am the target of disrespect? Nothing... So it's ok for one side to take action and not the other.

As for participating in pvp threads, I do so to inject a levelers point of view. I have protection so no fear of retribution. I don't use the word bully but others do it quite a bit. I have a few folks who I trade PM's with and although we are diametrically opposed, we keep things civil. I try to think of them when posting hence my change from my newbish beginnings.

#33 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 00:19

Perhaps early on in my newbish attempt at forum participation is when I was peak trollish. Most of my recent banter has been pretty reserved IMHO. Take my response in this thread... Was I belittling? Was I disrespectful?

No, you weren't disrespectful or belittling in your responses here at all, don't take my comment regarding that as an attack on you, I was answering your question from my point of view of many anti PvPer player's attitudes in general :)

All I was telling OP was simply that posting in forums with anything that could be perceived as anti-pvp will result in unwanted attention. Was I wrong? Has happened to me... has happened to other players. I see nothing wrong with that advice.

I believe I kinda answered that in my initial statement, the unwanted attention usually depends on the manner on which you comment, I also make negative comments regarding parts of PvP which I don't like, never been attacked for it, because I am usually respectful of those that have a differing opinion (and I'm no pushover and will hit back in kind, admittedly), verbally encouraging people not to post their opinion incase they are attacked is wrong, like I said, I personally can tolerate any opinion regarding PvP as long as it's constructive and respectful, I can usually agree to disagree :) 

Also, consider the written word... can be taken the wrong way and most assume as you do that I am absolute. I have said many times that the majority of pvp'rs are honorable players.

Can agree with you here, and have seen you say as such in the past when we've conversed in global chat, will happily admit your attitude towards PvPers has improved over the years and you have been more reserved in your comments towards them, fair enough.

But you have to admit, there are the rotten apples (on both sides) and when someone feels they have been slighted or disrespected, they want to ruin another persons game...

Very much agreed here too chewy, and yes I have seen players act this way, and in the past, have acted poorly myself towards other players, I won't deny that, and admitted so in my initial statement.

allowing that game mechanic to stay is a big mistake and I will say that everytime. The rotten apples that may be a small percentage is what is ruining your reputation... not me... Allowing players to determine who should continue playing a game or not is just not healthy.

Agreed, beating players out of the game is lose/lose for everyone, I have regretably done this in the past too, only in cases which I felt extremely wronged, like I said, I regret that behavior now, it only served to harm the game in the long run.

Also, respect goes two ways? Others have been equally baiting and trollish but only I get called out? What in game mechanic do I have if I am the target of disrespect? Nothing... So it's ok for one side to take action and not the other.

I did say the respect goes both ways, but I can only really speak for myself there and many like minded players that I know. I didn't feel I called you out, you asked a question and I gave you a detailed answer with examples of your own behavior which I've seen in the past, which may have attributed, rightly or wrongly, in you being made a target in the game.

What mechanic do you have if you're a target of disrespect? either the report button if it's excessive or 100 stamming respect into them (although that isn't an option for you because you refuse to take that route, which is your choice I guess).

As for participating in pvp threads, I do so to inject a levelers point of view. I have protection so no fear of retribution.

Fair enough.

I don't use the word bully but others do it quite a bit.

I was generalizing about the bully accusations made by players.

I have a few folks who I trade PM's with and although we are diametrically opposed, we keep things civil. I try to think of them when posting hence my change from my newbish beginnings.

I have been one, and admit your attitude has greatly improved regarding PvPers over the years, you even tease that you'll participate when you reach EOC, which I hope you do, if not sooner.

We can always agree to disagree overall chewy, sorry that you felt I was attacking you with my examples, maybe my wording was a little strong, again, alot of my comments were generalization, the ones that weren't, were based on behavior and comments from yourself that I've witnessed, apologies for any wrong assumptions made.

#34 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:43

My memory is a bit hazy, but way back when....  Wasn't xp loss an absolute when the game started?  And didn't the virtual level become standard 2 or 3 years in?  

I've got the germ of an idea, but I need my memory prodded.  Can anyone remember what the story was?

Early on everyone had a pvp rating and there were even 3 low level quests that required a certain pvp rating to advance.  That was a good way to introduce people to pvp and I wish we had something like that now.

Virtual level was introduced because of an exploit.  Players intentionally dropped levels but were able to keep their high level buffs, thus allowing them to dominate the pvp rewards at their level so virtual level was introduced to stop that practice.

Edit:  originally said 2 pvp quests but there were actually 3 - Lvl 15 Anvil Reign, lvl 24 Siege on Paladir and lvl 40 Remnants of Corruption.  They were changed when rating went away.

Edited by yotekiller, 12 August 2015 - 02:55.

Screenshot everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: