#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2015 - 15:46

I've tried with and without booster 750 running and still achieve the same amount of kill count towards the tier...this is now twice in two events this has happened.

Sorry, what do you mean with this?

As for the connection of this to begging, your conclusions are tenuous at best. Let's leave the baseless speculation out of this, shall we?

#22 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 May 2015 - 15:52

Personally, I won't pay for someone to "farm frags" for me. I stopped leveling my composing recently when my Commons got down too low. Not everyone will pay people to farm for them, which means events where frags are obtainable might not have quite the impact on incomes as one might speculate.

#23 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 16:59

Personally, I won't pay for someone to "farm frags" for me. I stopped leveling my composing recently when my Commons got down too low. Not everyone will pay people to farm for them, which means events where frags are obtainable might not have quite the impact on incomes as one might speculate.

That's your preference, myself I prefer to assist the lower levels in accumulating their own fsp's through a useful activity such as fragment hunting as opposed to seeing them try other methods to collect fsps

Sorry, what do you mean with this?

As for the connection of this to begging, your conclusions are tenuous at best. Let's leave the baseless speculation out of this, shall we?

I'm getting one kill per creature to my total kills regardless of whether booster potion is active or not...this is two events now this has happened...makes me not want to bother with these events when it takes me forever to gain the proper amount of kills to achieve even tier one of rewards

#24 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 19:42

I'm getting one kill per creature to my total kills regardless of whether booster potion is active or not...this is two events now this has happened...makes me not want to bother with these events when it takes me forever to gain the proper amount of kills to achieve even tier one of rewards

I just bought the level 50 loyalty global booster to check on this. I hit two creatures and effectively got 2 kills on each hit according to the world register where it says "Your contribution". In other words, 4 total kills there. Each one registered there on each hit for 2 total.

Moon, maybe more info? I'm assuming you're looking at "Your contribution" and NOT your kill streak. Or is that the confusion?

Maybe a particular level of pot you're using has a glitch?

#25 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 19:47

The global booster was working fine for me too ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 20:01

As far as the discussion on whether frags should be "handed out" like this or not.... well, everyone is going to have their own opinion. I, of course, have mine:

I farm common frags for the most part for my game income. These events do in fact cut down on that business. However, I 100% support them.

There are far too many intricacies involved to explain why. What I will say is that some of commented on "lower levels" losing out on a source of income. I find that my larger competition comes from levels far above mine. 

I, personally, believe that lower levels actually benefit from these GEs and I can guarantee that the effect on sales is temporary. 

Anyway, hope the info from a frag farmer is "helpful". 

#27 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 22:42

As a former buyer, there is truth that the frequency and genorisity of the frags in the events has slowly led me to stop buying completely. I no longer purchase any frags. I stopped buying legendary and crystal first after the first few frag stash events. Then stopped buying uniques and now even commons.

#28 Tlingit

Tlingit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 23:49

My base stam is 5738 + epic gear.  :) I made potions the other day and my bank account was down around 21k.

I had to have one of my friends send me the gold to buy a level 200 global booster. 

Then I went hunting around through the chests I have  and decided to crack open a pretty extravagant white egg followed by a  visit to the buff shop. 

With everything in place and working properly I checked out the global doubler by smacking one of each beastie. The dragon gave me 5 kills and the destroyer gave me 25 kills. 

Then I found me a sweet place with two destroyers and one dragon. I killed and refreshed in the same spot, mending gear when needed.

I guess this is how it's supposed to work, bottom line is, this is the best event kill total for me ever.

I qualified with 23815 kills.  :)     I am very happy.

Thank you BigGrim and thank you all admin. lol

#29 Joshrocs

Joshrocs

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:50

Im sure every will hate me for this, but don't you think 5000 kills is too little for 10 awesome chest? Especially with the champions giving you 5 contribution for each kill, I reached the 5k quota in 10 minutes with 2.5k stamina.. 

#30 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 19:21

Im sure every will hate me for this, but don't you think 5000 kills is too little for 10 awesome chest? Especially with the champions giving you 5 contribution for each kill, I reached the 5k quota in 10 minutes with 2.5k stamina.. 

I sorta thought the same thing too.  Even more so, when after less than half a day into the event a certain someone had almost half a million kills :D The fact that with a couple of potions, I made 5000 kills in less than 15 minutes just confirmed it.  Not that that is a bad thing, but maybe the level could be hiked just a tad in the next event to link shards with the global?

Not a bad event though.  I've enjoyed it B)

#31 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 00:40

Darksun Reborn II. A Global Event. One that originally provided chests of differing quality depending on how many Global Event mob kills one got and that was it, nothing more, no frag chest drops from mobs. Now, it seems, that every Global Event includes frag chests from mob kills. So.....Frag Globals, add potion chests to the mix...........seems the fair thing to do. Ying and Yang an all that jazz.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 17 May 2015 - 01:13.

#32 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:07

I continue to buy frags every day, although I have no need to do so with every event containing frag stashes. I do so to support the low level farmers that have been sending them to me loyally for as long as I can remember. I assume that I'm in the minority on this.

Every event doesn't need frag stashes. Globals had a frag purpose, but this wasn't it.  If this benefits anyone, it's those who profit from composing. That wasn't an intention of the composing update, either. Well, I'm guessing it wasn't, anyway. 

I'll get my frag stashes, and continue to support the players who have supported me. And, in the end, I imagine I'll retire eventually with 6 figures of unused frags. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I guess. Either way, I can see moonfrost's point 100%. 

#33 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:58

Players will always want Global creatures to drop something, it's the norm now. If it's not frags, it'll need to be a potion with useful buff(s), like the Dragon eggs or the Zombie Brews. Unfortunately with potions, players will have to destroy or sell them as they hunt, or have large backpacks. Whereas with frags, the space is unlimited, so the only issue is whether the person does composing or not.

I don't mind these events where the creatures drops frags as I am a composer, but personally I'd prefer that the creatures drop potions. All players will have an incentive to hunt, besides the rewards at the end of the event, as they'll be able to make an income from selling the potions or will use them.

#34 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:27

Players will always want Global creatures to drop something, it's the norm now. If it's not frags, it'll need to be a potion with useful buff(s), like the Dragon eggs or the Zombie Brews. 

But, it doesn't NEED to be that way. You get some pretty outstanding rewards (usually) for qualifying in a global event.

Remember when that used to be enough? You know, before it became taboo to actually have to try. Nowadays, you can easily store up 50K commons from a single global event. Is that really the way this was intended to be? 

#35 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 16:00

But, it doesn't NEED to be that way.

I agree, but HCS and the players wanted more partipation in these global events so useful item drops were added to the creatures. Some players also wanted the creatures to drop more gold.

#36 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 20:33

i note that the number of online players increases during these event about 10%, but can think of no explanation for it

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:28

Holy moley! I think the Community Total will definitely need upgrading for all future events that have a Champion class Global in addition to the normal class.

#38 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2015 - 13:56

Holy moley! I think the Community Total will definitely need upgrading for all future events that have a Champion class Global in addition to the normal class.

So in response to us doing a great job, we get more work in the future.  :(

I've had this problem my whole life lol.  :P

#39 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 16:06

I liked this post, because the goal was cake and I have this weird idea that a "challenge" should actually be, well, a challenge. 

What I "might" disagree with is that it be "blindly" applied to all GEs. 

I "believe" that the huge participation in kills on this event had very little to do with the prizes themselves, but with the nice frag drops from the Destroyers. I'm not sure what the final numbers were, but I'm guessing we beat times three or four already. 

The overall outcome seems good based on MP prices (btw BG, I think the Champ is mistakenly dropping gold). My only caveat to the whole thing is that it definitely didn't have a "community" feel to it. But that's a personal opinion that I suppose is debatable. In a nutshell, I saw zero community spirit in this event. In my opinion, individuals (myself included) ran around gobbling up frags for themselves. 

Regardless, thanks HCS for the GE. I think it was a "smashing" success. ,oP

#40 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 16:18

I was able to get 5k with 1k stamina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: