25 - 249  -> 50 players

250 - 499 -> 8 players

500 - 749 -> 3 players

750 - 999 -> 2 players

1000 - 1499 -> 3 players

1500 - 1999 -> 6 players

2000 - 2499 -> 6 players

2500 - 2999 -> 6 players

Really, if these are the player amounts that actually play the ladder, then it seems to me there is not much merit to keep developping it. Especially if we keep in mind that prolly most of the 25 - 249 are "forced" to play.

So unless I am misinterpreting these numbers, I see little justification to even keep it running. A handful of players per band, making more smaller bands really is not gonna fix the deeper problems with the ladder.

But if anything, Rebornjedi is right when it comes to the new players. 25 - 249 is bottomfeeding for anybody above level 50 in that band. 

At least when reaching level 25, there should be a tutorial like thing, explaining that you are now open for PvP ladder attacks, and that you can loose xp/gold due to that, and how you can opt-out from the ladder.

#22 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 16:36

Ugh, leave things alone already until HCS knows what they want to do. The ladder is the same mess it has always been, with half thought out ideas that aren't properly followed up on. We told them this is what would happen. WE KEEP SAYING IT!! They don't want to listen to the players who actually play the area of the game. So they get bored and stop. The people who don't play the ladder have no idea what their talking about so their suggestions are beyond useless, and clearly with the goal to simply remove the pvp angles of the game rather then make an effort to make it work.  Not to mention, they aren't playing the ladder now nor do they have any plans to ever play the ladder. You're not going to come up with some Awesomely Fantastic idea that makes everyone happy.

It's never going to happen.  So either make it work for your 'ladder' players, or quit wasting everyones time, including HCS's.

#23 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 17:47

i would be happy to see pvp ladder running without buffs , only gears stats

bro, hcs already making this gaming aspecit, we already having it

it calling arena with no combat moves (only gear stats working there)

you should knowing this, you having more than 10000 wins in arena

pvp ladder should staying with buffs for players fighting,

I thinking best is to making composing potion working not in pvp, only working against creatures for levelers be happy

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:48

I thinking best is to making composing potion working not in pvp, only working against creatures for levelers be happy

Well, that's something to really think about...I'm in for that.

But a problem would need to be fixed, if I have SH480 while I'm, for example, killing a Titan, how can I have a SH to hit in PvP without deactivating my potion?

Maybe by capping all buffs at 192 (or less, if the buff is originaly smaller), because 192 is the highest level a normal buff can reach with Buff Enhancer, so the SH480 would count as SH192 if someone attacks me.

#25 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 16:14

25 - 249  -> 50 players

250 - 499 -> 8 players

500 - 749 -> 3 players

750 - 999 -> 2 players

1000 - 1499 -> 3 players

1500 - 1999 -> 6 players

2000 - 2499 -> 6 players

2500 - 2999 -> 6 players

Really, if these are the player amounts that actually play the ladder, then it seems to me there is not much merit to keep developping it. Especially if we keep in mind that prolly most of the 25 - 249 are "forced" to play.

So unless I am misinterpreting these numbers, I see little justification to even keep it running. A handful of players per band, making more smaller bands really is not gonna fix the deeper problems with the ladder.

But if anything, Rebornjedi is right when it comes to the new players. 25 - 249 is bottomfeeding for anybody above level 50 in that band. 

At least when reaching level 25, there should be a tutorial like thing, explaining that you are now open for PvP ladder attacks, and that you can loose xp/gold due to that, and how you can opt-out from the ladder.

bingo !!. ladder needs to be scraped .. plain and simple...big bands are getting no activity..and for players to be competitive the bands need to be smaller...which leads to smaller band activity..not good anyway you slice it....so scrap it....the activity will not get better if the ladder system stays as it is..

#26 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 16:16

he is trying to make suggestions..you pvpers never wish to hear and suggestions from non-pvpers...therefore you have and will always have a dead ladder...pvp and pvp arena are 2 totally and completely different aspects of the game..quit comparing them

Edited by yodamus, 16 January 2016 - 16:16.

#27 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 17:58

- also going to review the bands before the end of the month :)

#28 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:34

Yea i struggled to level up composing because of that .. now i got to level 51 but dont have motivation to keep going lol

i have handful pots from composing but i don't find ladder fun even i have advantage over someone without composing pots.

i would be happy to see pvp ladder running without buffs , only gears stats

he is trying to make suggestions..you pvpers never wish to hear and suggestions from non-pvpers...therefore you have and will always have a dead ladder...pvp and pvp arena are 2 totally and completely different aspects of the game..quit comparing them

1) where I saying I not wanting hear suggestions from non-pvpers?

2) shindrak having 2 pvp medals, gold dominance and silver smasher medal, that for me is pvper

3) shindrak having suggestion, I telling im his suggestion he making is same principle as arena with no combat moves

next time please stop inventing nonsense about me saying things I not saying and try sticking to truth players actually saying, thank you

Edited by kitobas, 27 January 2016 - 10:35.

#29 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 15:08

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 17:03

Darn its feb 1st!

#31 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 17:56

Turning off the auto opt in for new plauers would be a fantastic quick fix to start with.. It can always be added back once the level bands are adjusted

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2016 - 13:44

We'll look into this next week.

#33 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 15:14

We'll look into this next week.

let hope so...but i can check past posts and see that has been said a few times..hoof said he would take care of this by the end of the month (last month)...but still nothing..seriously, what could be more important to do in a single day than something that keep newer players form quitting the game ...much confused as to why this is taking so long to fix..major critical problem with the game and nothing done ?? why ???.. do you not care about new players quitting ?

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2016 - 15:21

As we've said before, we're very busy. There is more going on at HCS than you imagine.

Now. As I said, we'll look at this next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: