#21 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 April 2014 - 23:49

Folks --  :P I've run out of "likes", and thinking perhaps as the poster of this topic I shouldn't actually be "voting" so to speak on the various posts, so going taking this as my cue to stop liking posts here. - Kath

#22 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 23:54

Nice idea. You are on to something here. Personally, I don't mind having to pay for equipment repairs. I honestly think more people might try PvP as confirmed by testimony in this thread already.

The game is an ecosystem the evolves with the current players. What was once great in the past, may not be now, or might be again in the future. It is time to move on to a viable PvP system that encourages voluntary participation rather than dealing out misgivings.   I think we need to take a serious look at BarveKath's suggestion.

*EDIT* - removed duplicate post in same response

Edited by Bildor, 14 April 2014 - 23:57.

#23 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:09

EDITED SIGNIFICANTLY & UPDATED :)

20:10 14/Apr/2014
 vastilos says: Since I am forum banned, I likey your idea. For the pvp \"levels\" i would say have a counter... say you start at level 1 and after 25 successful hits (25 exp) you get to level 2. Level 3 would be 50. Level 4 would be 75. Or you could make the scaling better (less/more exp per level or have it at a set amount). 

02:30 15/Apr/2014

vastilos says: i liked how the original pvp system was... if you had higher rating than the person you were hitting, you got no rating. it stopped the farming.  

02:35 15/Apr/2014

vastilos says: and i meant it as you get 1 pvp exp per successful hit, after 25 successful hits (25 pvp exp) you would be pvp level 2. once you hit a certain pvp level, if you hit anyone within a certain amount of pvp levels lower than you, you would no longer get pvp exp. that could prevent people from farming and exchanging. and it could increase competition amongst the pvp\'ers :-p

Thanks Vastilos for sending your private msg's, but of course you know that as I've replied in the game, and I wanted to be sure that all ideas are shared so passing along your idea to this thread.  

In response, first of all interesting approach and it could work.

* I had forgotten the "original PvP system" where the higher the rating, the greater the gain and nothing gained from someone with nothing  .... that is an oldie and a goodie and it would work very well and just as you say self-regulating as it "prevents people from farming and exchanging and it could increase competition amongst the PvPers"  .... <3 this idea!

Thanks again Vas for contributing and great input!   :)

Edited by BraveKath, 15 April 2014 - 10:05.

#24 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:17

Nice idea. You are on to something here. Personally, I don't mind having to pay for equipment repairs. I honestly think more people might try PvP as confirmed by testimony in this thread already.

The game is an ecosystem the evolves with the current players. What was once great in the past, may not be now, or might be again in the future. It is time to move on to a viable PvP system that encourages voluntary participation rather than dealing out misgivings.   I think we need to take a serious look at BarveKath's suggestion.

Thanks Bildor for considering this idea and for your positive reception of it.

Same here - gear repairs aren't of concern and I think that's true for the majority of players, but many have spoken of concerns for particularly new players, for whom this is a real fiscal challenge.  Thus my idea for a very cheap loyalty "repair" potion that ONLY noobs can buy ... or I suppose alternatively we could all only have so many we could buy, when they're gone, they're gone -- that might be easier for HCS to program - whatever would work with ease.

Just brain-storming. 

Again, thanks for weighing in :)

#25 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:39

Personally I like this idea , I have never understood why  xp and gold loss should  be an asset gathering tool for pvpers, , up till now we have had no choice in this , even the ability to  buy protection for our gold was taken away from us  . Levellers need and should receive the same respect as pvpers, we spend hard earned $ on this game also , yet we have to tolerate thieves taking it away from us,  bounty board has never worked as a deterrant , and we have to spend more dots/ gold to get retribution,  totally ludicrous in my opoinion, , Thank you Kath for the post , :D

#26 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:41

Thanks Teuchter - Wee, for taking the time to read the ideas and for giving your perspective.

#27 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:49

Another idea to throw into this mix (no doubt suggested before) would be to add the idea PVP levels. After a certain amount of PVP success (measured by prestige gain within your system - or some other means) you gain PVP levels, and with that gain access to PVP-specific skills. Perhaps the offensive PVP buffs could be tied to these levels rather than to Xp-based levels. Defensive skills should remain available to the Xp-based levels, though maybe could be gained quicker from the PVP-levels. (Admittedly, mapping current abilities onto such a new structure in a sufficiently palatable way might prove impossible.) Again, if there were no Xp loss from PVP, then I for one would remove my objections to incentivising PVP in these sort of ways.

Thought more about this, and wondering if PvP levels could gain access to not only PvP specific skills, but also PvE, as that may further motivate the typical PvEer out of their comfort zone into PvP, but without that definitely help achieve an interest-demand for Prestige in a Prestige Market thus increasing it's value.

The monetary value of the Prestige - if like FSP, would be affected by game conditions, thus would expect a relative constant except during Guild Wars when people want added skills or a double xp event, etc which may provide various peaks in pricing.

Hmm I suppose Prestige could be used for special skills or to buy special potions like the really high Last Ditch potion (forgetting the name at the moment).  

#28 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:40

I would really like to see a Improvement in how Prestige points can be used. Now it is all or nothing 10% xp gain is nice... But why waste all of the 75 mins I have now for a 30 min hunt?????

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:03

I would really like to see a Improvement in how Prestige points can be used. Now it is all or nothing 10% xp gain is nice... But why waste all of the 75 mins I have now for a 30 min hunt?????

LOL - then use it when you have 30 mins, or upgrade your stamina ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:17

LOL

i didnt get the joke..

#31 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:43

LOL - then use it when you have 30 mins, or upgrade your stamina ? ;)

LoL well if you are paying I would be happy to up my Max more.... I go through 3800 stam in about 25 mins really... And gain 3-4 levels now... But thanks..... :D  :D  :D

#32 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:51

That's a common desire throughout the game and my proposal would allow for that.  You could use it in chunks. You could sell off chunks, while still keeping your PvP standing earned.  Your monetary gains from the PvP Prestige token you could use for gear, more stam, etc. :)

#33 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:52

It's just not got the same 'fun' aspect to it and again dividing the aspects of the game ~ i think this could kill off pvp for good *starts digging grave* lol

#34 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:00

Kath, what happens if a player remove all gears when offline to avoid the cost of repair?

With this model the BB is practically dead, am I wrong?

I think your idea could work, but for many the PvP is still undesirable (I know it is a part of the game).

Hello Ms Cruz, I totally missed your post until just now.  Sorry about that.

Gear Repair Costs
For established players they will lose Prestige and gear would be damaged.  If someone is active, they should be able to afford that.  When I started I was financially independent in the game to repair damage and I was playing it risky by PvP'ing and then GvG'ing and in those days GvG was VERY active.  It was typical to have 2-4 GvG's at least going at all times, so lots of damage.  

Playing naked is a risk.  For Noobs (definition to be determined - is it days played, days since started playing, level - that's up to HCS) if the idea of a 1 gold Repair-Loyalty potion was approved for them, then the Noob could wear gear offline and repair it for 1 gold.  HOWEVER, this shouldn't include crystal - just my opinion and a good lesson to have early on about wearing crystal offline, though that is pretty rare with Noobs unless they are returning players.

Bounty Board Activity
Right now there are many times when it's empty or at best slim pickin's.  I believe this would actually encourage PvP, and encourage more pacifist to at least try it, or at least the only thing they're loosing is Prestige and some damage to gear and not the xp that they've invested so much into attaining.

I hope I'm answering your questions :)

Edited by BraveKath, 15 April 2014 - 07:05.

#35 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:02

It's just not got the same 'fun' aspect to it and again dividing the aspects of the game ~ i think this could kill off pvp for good *starts digging grave* lol

Oh CD,

You really think so?  The challenge of hitting would still be there, just the commodity would change and with greater benefits.  I truly want it to do the opposite and invigorate PvP.

#36 TobiasRagg

TobiasRagg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:47

Maybe, in order to counter naked players, you could have it that if gear duribility is 0, or if naked, then it could revert back to taking EXP? Kind of like how in Yu-Gi-Oh, a monster had to be destroyed before life points could be taken? And with something like that, maybe it could be posible to set traps on a particular peice of gear, thus retaining some element of risk.

#37 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:13

Maybe, in order to counter naked players, you could have it that if gear duribility is 0, or if naked, then it could revert back to taking EXP? Kind of like how in Yu-Gi-Oh, a monster had to be destroyed before life points could be taken? And with something like that, maybe it could be posible to set traps on a particular peice of gear, thus retaining some element of risk.

Wow - that's an interesting idea!  

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:41

no xp loss on bounty hits ??  booooooo thats what i say to that :P

+100%

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#39 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 19:35

I can't seem to quote on this forum at the moment.

Kath - I agree there would be no reason to restrict PVP-level skills to PVP buffs. Its an obvious focus, but wouldn't have to be exclusive.

Tobias: penalising naked players would be a bit rough on people who go offline wearing guild gear and then have it recalled. For all of that, I'm not sure I see the problem with people wearing no, or trivial, armour.

#40 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 22:49

Figured you wouldn't mind Rowbeth the expansion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: