Photo

Sigma Asteroids Return!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 22:24

As of this moment, we are keeping this as class stuff. The drop is unbound until the item is unFaction tagged.

At this point, the office is closed for Christmas, so no artists to do a core item. I'm just popping in ever so often to see if things are okay.

Support is still running as normal though.

Hmm, I see.

Well, increasing the spawn rate, or decreasing the BKP price, don't require artists.
The items could also be each modified to be Core (meaning that there'd be 4 to choose from, but none of them class-specific), and that wouldn't require artists.

However, ultimately it sounds like it's up to you, and what you're able to do. And, also...what you're willing to do. It sounds to me like you're on vacation just like the rest of them, and are just checking in to make sure the place doesn't fall apart. So, I'm not going to expect you to work on your vacation, and as Roach said, I'm grateful just to see you around at all.

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2011 - 22:50

I was actually toying with halving the needed BKP for this titan. Does this meet approval?

#23 Molehunter

Molehunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 23:12

Heck, yes!

You have my vote on halving the needed BKP for Frosty.

#24 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 23:17

yes!

#25 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 23:24

I just wish I knew how to get to the maps where the behemoths spawn..can not find any info about it anywhere...
someone kindly told me where the mission for the plushie was, but what map does one have to travel to in order to find the new behemoth?

#26 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2011 - 00:00

+1 on the tkp adjustment

- i found it off of mega ganth right leg (i think) 321 realms

#27 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 00:31

I just wish I knew how to get to the maps where the behemoths spawn..can not find any info about it anywhere...
someone kindly told me where the mission for the plushie was, but what map does one have to travel to in order to find the new behemoth?

gnath is the realm you portal too, then you will want to take the corridors entrance from the main realm. then to right bay, then you will see the door to the asteroid

is a tough little bugger. would be great if he gave some xp ;)

I was actually toying with halving the needed BKP for this titan. Does this meet approval?

i like that idea, would first get 100% and keep 2-5 as it is? or would there be a bonus for getting first place also? or would 1st get the full points from getting past the 50% to secure, then gain 1 point per kill after that ?

1542RD wrote:
and grim if you happen to read this, any chance we could get the lvl 500 repair drones in the behemoth realm?

I'll see what I can do.

*Edit*

Fixed.

awesome thank you : )

drop another one of these type behemoths on a BKP system that give xp and spawn only in no level limit SF map. to make the same type of items. would be quite amusing ;) keep us all entertained for the next year.

thank you again for the new behemoth,
and happy holidays

#28 Runelon

Runelon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:46

I also haz to thank Big Grim on the efforts put into this... awesome !!!

I sent supermum some infoz on how to do some detective work on finding the gateways to all the Asteriod(s) and will repeat that here:

use the official guide and in AREAS type in Asteroid (singular !! if you add an s, makin it plural you come up with zilch) then it will show you all 4 asteroids and you can pick which one you wanna find, by clickin on that and it will take you to teh Asteroid and then look for the gateway/portal to get there, and you could click on that to show you :) Mega Ganth Right Bay is to reach the hoarime and teh FRO5TI3

Uh, one thing tho, no sign of a respawn of the FRO5TI3 yet, even tho it was finished off hours before the Shardbeast.... and as they say, teh clock izza tickin :lol:

:mrgreen:

thank you vewwwwy much Big Grim XD makin my season bright

:D

#29 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:07

That sounds great!

i like that idea, would first get 100% and keep 2-5 as it is? or would there be a bonus for getting first place also? or would 1st get the full points from getting past the 50% to secure, then gain 1 point per kill after that ?

The >50% rule for drops is for FS. SS2 still uses the old rules where 1st place always gets the drop, regardless of the percentage.

If you're suggesting that 1st place gets the drop and gets BKP for any overkill they do...I wouldn't recommend that. That just compels the Faction in 1st (who is already going to get a drop) to keep on hunting, thus leaving no BKP for anyone else.

About the only good thing that would do is get the Behemoth done and over with faster.

#30 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:15

1542RD wrote:
The >50% rule for drops is for FS. SS2 still uses the old rules where 1st place always gets the drop, regardless of the percentage.

If you're suggesting that 1st place gets the drop and gets BKP for any overkill they do...I wouldn't recommend that. That just compels the Faction in 1st (who is already going to get a drop) to keep on hunting, thus leaving no BKP for anyone else.

no i wasn;t suggesting it, was more pointing it out as to hope that would definatly not happen ;)

i am hoping that kills over 50% do not count towards BKP

#31 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:32

youve been duped again!

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:52

Frosties BKP halved on the Behemoth Reward page.

#33 Runelon

Runelon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:06

§hadowRunner§ victorious vs Hoarime Shardbeast #2 for 2011 Xmas Event !!

with that as a preamble to this, you can safely assume I am loving this 8-)

So, the following is in no way meant as a disparaging comment. I am very grateful that this event was repeated, and even augmented.... and now on that augmentation:

It would have been just famously awesome planning and beyond just kewel forethought, if there had been a second section or a doorway onto another asteroid (mehbeh an identical one or mirror image?) so that the limitation of the code wouldn't prohibit having the FRO5TI3 and Hoarime Shardbeast spawned at the same time.... there seems to be quite a queue waiting in the wings for the next one ;)

Also, for the old folks :lol: that powder blue razor edged snow flake is enuf to make you swear you iz just BLIND :ugeek:

jussa coupla thots

thank you again oh most benevolent bovines from the hard-core survivors

:mrgreen:

#34 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2011 - 14:32

so that the limitation of the code wouldn't prohibit having the FRO5TI3 and Hoarime Shardbeast spawned at the same time....

The FRO5T13 and the Hoarime Shardbeast have already spawned at the same time within the same realm.

The very first (and only, so far) time that FRO5T13 spawned, the Hoarime appeared there some time later, while FRO5T13 was still around. I know...I was there killing the Hoarime, and FRO5T13 was hanging out in the corner the whole time, lonely, waiting for some poor soul to kill him (which was NOT going to be me, I can't get that much ATK).

Also, for the old folks :lol: that powder blue razor edged snow flake is enuf to make you swear you iz just BLIND :ugeek:

I know exactly what you mean.

#35 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2011 - 20:55

Your faction gained 1,877 Behemoth Kill Points from your faction's contribution to the defeat of the behemoth 'FRO5TI3 (Behemoth)'. Your faction also received a bonus 939 Behemoth Kill Points for achieving the 2nd most kills.

woot i have enough points now for 1 ... - which would be enough for me to stop aswell if this was a core item but as it is not i need 4 for my faction aswell

I believe that stormer got his faction 2 drops and that he has 0 bkp saved to exchange in his faction store ...

#36 Molehunter

Molehunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 17:31

Thank you, HCS, for giving us this wonderful new behemoth.

It is challenging and exciting to hunt this robot at the same time.

It has made me pull a few hairs off from my already sparse head trying to figure out a gears/stims/buffs combo that work on this tough SOB.

It let me see excellent hunting team cooperation that I have not seen for a long time. Although on the receiving end of it really make me wish it is a free for all PvP map. :-)

May the positive attribute of Sigmastorm 2 lives on in your new projects.

Good wishes and have a Merry Christmas.

#37 fatalomega

fatalomega

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 19:33

FRO5TI3 is the only non elite that I have been unable to hit without squads. This just shows me that I should have played the game rather than log in and walk away. I look forward to actually being able to be geared enough to solo hit next year.

Also thanks for the present, very useful.

#38 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2011 - 18:13

OK i have the drop in my bag - when i look at the blueprints - it says i dont have it ... i have not yet collected the other needed items and will likely not collect them until after the event... will also report what i find

did stormer build any of these items yet?

#39 Molehunter

Molehunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 20:15

Probably the drop is faction tagged. You just need to untag it first.

BTW, I am wearing the Santa suit at the moment. :-)

#40 ss_pastorbob

ss_pastorbob
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 13:07

I am so happy that HCS has added to the game (in any direction). Thank you for the new Behemoth . . . this has been some interesting hunting for sure. I hope that there is more to come for us in 2012 . . . this is too good of a game to let die. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: