#21 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2016 - 21:07

This probably pertains more towards activity it would help but I know I'm gonna hear the why don't you level your character complain but what if you could switch to higher lvl area gear and it wouldn't affect your player stats so say someone lvl 600 could access say a lvl 2700 arena it's already the other way around and I see no harm besides the fact most will say it's not fair but I think it will get more people play there will be no more excuse I can't get into any there can be a cap like +500 maybe it doesn't have to be from lvl 50 you can wear eoc gear lol just food for thought :)

The issue with that is coercion to be honest. You will have high level players paying low level people to tank arenas so 1) they win more arenas = more arena tokens = more profit; 2) It pads wins = easier to get arena medals.

I completely get your point about the challenge aspect though. If a level 600 (in your example) wants to take on level 2700's in a high level arena, why not let them challenge them. You won't have equal access to gear though and it would be a miracle if you won (unless you paid level 50's to go and join that high level arena HAHA). See my point?

Edited by Windbattle, 21 May 2016 - 21:08.

#22 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2016 - 21:11

Everyone should know why Titan cooldown was introduced. It's to let other players/guilds have a chance at getting an epic. The idea of zirxa's is the same.

I don't hunt Titans nor play the Arena, so I actually couldn't care less about what happens to these areas, this is just my viewpoint.

And a version of that already exists .. its called Novice Arenas. Why not make more tiers of arenas where equal skill players can go at it?

Novice - 0-50 wins

Bronze - 50-100 wins

Silver - 100-200 wins

Gold - 200-300 wins

Best in Class - 300+ wins

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2016 - 21:24

Even if the rewards are higher, the same about 30 people are going to win 90% of the time. That is discouraging to say the least to the majority of people. I believe that is why arenas are running slower .. because of the mechanics of it and the win rate of the select few. Perhaps they should have tiers or leagues of arena .. to match equal skill players, = )

I have to give some props to the cows though because they standardized the rewards with tokens and you can earn partial tokens if you win the first round but not additional rounds. 

Don't suggest tiers, I did that in the past and got trolled REALLY hard about it ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 16:07

This probably pertains more towards activity it would help but I know I'm gonna hear the why don't you level your character complain but what if you could switch to higher lvl area gear and it wouldn't affect your player stats so say someone lvl 600 could access say a lvl 2700 arena it's already the other way around and I see no harm besides the fact most will say it's not fair but I think it will get more people play there will be no more excuse I can't get into any there can be a cap like +500 maybe it doesn't have to be from lvl 50 you can wear eoc gear lol just food for thought :)

i kinda see your idea..and i am with you about being told to level up, when to level up swiftly requires lots of cash and lots of free time...before tokens..it was not really a problem as we had 75 tourneys for 1200 levels..now with =ONLY 60 TOURNEYS for near 3000 levels..it is no wonder there is so little to join..very hard to win, so players quickly give up and dont play arena..big reason arena is so slow

other reasons- lack of player base..LACK OF FUN IN ARENA...playing for tokens to buy prizes is not fun..playing for prizes was extremely fun...killed the fun..killed arena..

for those that say they cant win..bullarky, you are not really trying that hard (try different levels, not just the level you are on)....i have very weak arena setups and i win..it is a matter of knowledge of moves and levels and setups..not who is the highest level...

for those that think a lot of collusion goes on in arena- quite wrong (used to be a problem, but those players are no longer around)..from what i have seen in arena ( and i play a lot of arena)..there is next to zero collusion going on right now..all legit players..with legit setups..

all i ask- please work on arena MR.HOOF( or get someone in the comanny to work on it, whatever happened to the coding help that mojawk was to provide? )...it could be so much better..more activity., faster...if you would take some time and work on arena ( and i am NOT talking about prizes, as they are just a bandage to an arm being cutoff...good for the moment..but in the long run..not helping.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: