102 replies to this topic

#21 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:37

I thought you would have been happy more people are PvPing... but I guess since it isn't your version of PvP, it doesn't count.

Edit: 'you' is meant as a universal you... not trying to target anyone directly

#22 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:33

If I remember correctly, when the Smasher Medal first came out there were quite a few people on the BB that were allowing everyone to hit them 9 times for free. This allowed others to gain required hits toward their medals without retaliation. Whats the difference? XP?

#23 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:02

Why not let low lvl players gain smasher medal from naked high level players while high level players gained it from low lvl players ? :roll:

I feel like the ones who got smasher medal had a big challenge to gain it :shock:

This medal was a waste and useless just like chests medal

I think better if they made it just on ladder

#24 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33

Players using their stam on the activity of their choice is up to them obviously. This is not causing harm to anyone.

100 stams are still being used and still cost.......100 stam.

#25 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:31

vested interest anyone? I think it's most admirable that higher level players feel so compelled to give back to the lowby's they earned there hardware from. I'm also certain that this same honorable intent would still be practiced w/o the widening the gap agenda...as if anyone is going to catch up before the game ends. "you people ,or your brand of PvP" - as opposed to the style in which players render themselves defenseless so all may score points - glad I'm on this side of the fence. Massive reductions in xp contributed would be too complicated - simply lvl lock contributed exp via VL, and see if this new age PvP will still exist

#26 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:46

PVP is PVP, many players go naked for quick 10 stam soft clears and many will continue to do so in the future.

No need to brand it in any way, its still using stam to hit players which in turn takes XP/Gold off the targets.

Some players want to regain lost levels, some players want to drop levels to find a new PVP bracket. It's their choice, its in the game mechanics.

#27 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:31

Funny how those with the most interest in this remaining the same are the most boisterous in this thread. They seem to have little to no problem using the game mechanics in their favor, Titan 2 anyone?

The point is that getting naked and purposely losing is NOT PvP, It is simply a faster way to lose levels than hitting a SE. I'm bothered that most can not see that we respect what the medal was supposed to be and want it to stay that way, and those that don't care say "it's within game mechanics". Why do YOU ALL, YOU PEOPLE, always have to exploit game mechanics?

#28 sandra1988

sandra1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 13:16

I think better if they made it just on ladder

^ This would make the world a safer place.

Guild XP should be changed, so it cant be exploited like this. it's obviously exploiting game mechanics.

Some people get all hot and sweaty over guild xp these days.

#29 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:09

This is without a doubt the very most super important thread ever because clearly guild experience is the very most super important aspect of the game.

I are so smart.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#30 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:12

We don't need more people hunting and getting gold ingame so I vote yes to change the guild xp when deleveled

#31 Abrak

Abrak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:24

Lets say that the EoC issue is somehow fixed. Then this topic becomes moot.

I wait a week to gain stamina to hunt. I invested 10000 of that stamina earning the Smasher.

When the loyalty rewards were introduced it was made retroactive and we received loyalty points from all of our past donations. Personally over the past 3 years and 4 months I have been part of many 100 stam delevelling parties. Yet the Smasher was never retroactive and I am not saying it should be. I am saying the investment of our stamina in and of itself qualifies us for that medal. Whether or not a player bounties us is up to them, their choice. We still take that chance.

When players come-up with ideas to have fun playing this game then good for them. That is why I am here, to have fun, plain and simple.

To add, if a player decides to be delevelled, then they are investing the same stamina hunting those grounds again that they did before, barring completed quests. They are for the most part using guild structures, guild gear and guild buffs so the guild I believe should get the normal xp from those hunts.

#32 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:44

I've been trying to seriously read the whole thread and I only came up with 3 conclusions:

1. You don't like when EoC players gain more gxp, for God-knows whatever reason you have. Which also proves that, none of you know how ridiculously costly losing levels is. We're talking about dozen of thousands stam wasted on just on smashing.
2. You don't like when EoC players get their Smasher medal without your permission. Because obviously only "real" PvP-ers can define what is allowed and whatnot in PvP.
3. You just don't like EoC players.

Btw, I honestly think that the third conclusion is winning.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#33 sandra1988

sandra1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 17:14

The issue isn't people getting more guld xp, but it's the methods being used to gain that xp that's being brought into question :P

#34 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 17:34

As I have opined many times, in various threads, I am wholly in favor of methods that encourage players to experiment with different ways of playing the game.  In this case, EoC players (who, by nature of having leveled so much, must be, or have been, "levelers" -- even if I HATE that term) have an incentive to try PvP as well.  In principle, I am all for this.

The drawbacks I've seen raised here are few, and frankly unconvincing.  One is that they get deleveled and contribute xp back to their guild when they level up. This isn't a huge thing to me personally, but if it bothers so many, I'd think it should be possible to calculate guild xp based on VL, instead of actual level, to solve that problem.

The complaint about the Smasher medal, to me, is insubstantial.  Medals, by nature, give no advantage to any player, and are there for bragging rights, essentially. If someone else benefits from the actions of an EoC player (or ANY player, for that matter, since there are probably players getting themselves deleveled at all level ranges), but this benefit is purely aesthetic ... while it is an issue, its a very minor one, ultimately.

#35 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 17:37

Solution seems simple to me. Have the VL really be the VL. When you drop below your present level, your VL, XP and gold gained hunting (as you regain levels to your VL) is not contributed to the guild. In addition, the gold earned in regaining levels is at a 15% reduction -- to somewhat emulate the gold that goes to guild taxes anyway. That takes into account that some guilds have max tax rate while other don't.

And, if VL is already too tied into the rest of the game, call it something else -- YFL -- "Your Level" -- so that it can be easily programmed for the suggestion above.

There. Done. Simple.

#36 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2012 - 18:29

The drawbacks I've seen raised here are few, and frankly unconvincing.  One is that they get deleveled and contribute xp back to their guild when they level up. This isn't a huge thing to me personally, but if it bothers so many, I'd think it should be possible to calculate guild xp based on VL, instead of actual level, to solve that problem.

The complaint about the Smasher medal, to me, is insubstantial.  Medals, by nature, give no advantage to any player, and are there for bragging rights, essentially. If someone else benefits from the actions of an EoC player (or ANY player, for that matter, since there are probably players getting themselves deleveled at all level ranges), but this benefit is purely aesthetic ... while it is an issue, its a very minor one, ultimately.

+1

I'm honestly confused why the guild xp is such a big deal? The people that are objecting to it, don't exactly care about their own guild xp, so why would they concern themselves over what other players are doing?

#37 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2012 - 22:37

I see nothing wrong here, no one is cheating in any sort of way as what they are doing is in the game mechanics. Not really any different from delevelling someone when they are offline as then they may as well be naked. Only buff then that will save them is deflect and that only prolongs the agony.

Having been at EOC for over a year I can vouch as to how boring it is here, also the majority of the folk who are partaking in this, so called disreputable practice, are people who like to hunt, they have no more content in which to hunt and have, most likely, finished all of the quests HCS have offered them. Therefore, these folk are simply being innovative by creating a way to carry on hunting. Remember no one is forcing the person these EOC folk are hitting to post a bounty on their heads...

... if someone is on the board naked, many would hit them as it is an easy bounty to win and very cheap on tickets for lower levelled players.

Summary: No issue here, it is in the mechanics and is prolonging some players life/interest in the game. Would you prefer they go inactive this game needs that like a hole in the head... :roll:

#38 jklundt

jklundt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:09

I've been trying to seriously read the whole thread and I only came up with 3 conclusions:

1. You don't like when EoC players gain more gxp, for God-knows whatever reason you have. Which also proves that, none of you know how ridiculously costly losing levels is. We're talking about dozen of thousands stam wasted on just on smashing.
2. You don't like when EoC players get their Smasher medal without your permission. Because obviously only "real" PvP-ers can define what is allowed and whatnot in PvP.
3. You just don't like EoC players.

Btw, I honestly think that the third conclusion is winning.

Personally I think its a joke just to get more Guild XP. The smasher medal is tainted and for most its nothing more than another medal and the ones who got it by way of 100 stamming EOC sitting naked is a joke to me. The ones who take pride in it will continue to progress their medal in the way they feel fit more than likely hitting for guildmates, friends or guild wars.

But you are correct. I dislike EOC players and dont know how costly it is to lose levels cause Ive never 100 stammed anyone. Please enlighten me with this all knowing knowledge you have.

Anyway just my 2 cents

#39 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 00:03

If someone wishes to drop levels intentionally and it seems that players from the same guild are doing it over and over again?
Easiest way to stop them, start hourly smashing members of their guild who do not wish to drop levels.

Or better still form a 124 member pvp guild with the sole purpose of smashing the guild until it falls apart.

And if you aren't prepared to do that then the thread really is pointless.

#40 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 October 2012 - 00:21

If someone wishes to drop levels intentionally and it seems that players from the same guild are doing it over and over again?
Easiest way to stop them, start hourly smashing members of their guild who do not wish to drop levels.

Or better still form a 124 member pvp guild with the sole purpose of smashing the guild until it falls apart.

And if you aren't prepared to do that then the thread really is pointless.

Smashing folks that dont want to be hit only goes so far .. someone might have enuf fsp to hand out 25 to each guildie to xp lock after every hunt for quite a long time ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: