Photo

TEW Graphics Tournament (CLOSED & JUDGING)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 LadyPike

LadyPike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:53

Posted Image

The Griffin is amalgamation of lion and eagle gains in courage and boldness. It is used to denote strength and military courage and leadership. Griffins are portrayed with a lion's body, an eagle's head, long ears, and an eagle's claws, to indicate that one must combine intelligence and strength. Griffins not only mated for life, but also, if either partner died, then the other would continue throughout the rest of its life alone, never to search for a new mate (hope you'll never leave your guild :P) He is standing on an obelisk which is synonymous for protection or defense. On the left side of obelisk there is a Celtic triquetra symbol (to much to write, so… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triquetra) and on top there is a border representing infinity. Pyramids represent something Godly, everlasting. And last but not least, there are some skeleton warriors (undead = eternal). I did my home work ;)

aBnRRF9.png

#22 fs_leeminhoo

fs_leeminhoo
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:22

I made and avatar.... Posted Image

#23 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2011 - 15:06

nope no need to explain :) Thank you very much for your submission and feel free to post another one.

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

So who wants to buy me Zombie Brand on League of Legends? 

#24 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2011 - 15:16

I made and avatar.... Posted Image

This is the TEW graphics tournament. Not a place to post random avatars.

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#25 Removed19110

Removed19110

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 15:43

Posted Image

do we need to explain what we did?

It wouldn’t be bad to give us some insight to how and why you believe this is a good avi for TEW.
Helping us understand your concept(s) is something every artist should be willing to do. (I also think it will make it more interesting in general)
As a matter of fact I think it should be part of all submissions.

#26 LadyPike

LadyPike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 16:52

It wouldn’t be bad to give us some insight to how and why you believe this is a good avi for TEW.
Helping us understand your concept(s) is something every artist should be willing to do. (I also think it will make it more interesting in general)
As a matter of fact I think it should be part of all submissions.

I don't mind...edited my post :)

aBnRRF9.png

#27 fs_narael

fs_narael
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2011 - 18:40

Even if i am completely sure that my work is inferior to some of the already submited entries, I'll post my first submission (still can't get rid of my indecision issues, so i'll post it with two different borders)...

Posted Image Posted Image

So, for my first submission, i picked an obelisk to use, which symbolizes protection and defense, as well a place where the life-giving Egyptian god Ra was believed to live in the mortal world and were mostly placed in wide areas or in front of temples (which would both be an ideal landscape for an avatar). I wanted though to have a more unknown and mystical element in it (kinda like your old guild avatar which is pompous and majestic, yet with lightnings that were worshiped in the old days as deities, so i used a combination of images and drawings of the big bang, and both the births and deaths of stars to light the obelisc from behind (though i feel i kinda overdid it there). Some finishing touches were given with (what i believe as) a beautiful combination of celtic symbols like Triquetras, Triple Spirals (symbolism of power through transition and growth - kinda female though), Arwens (symbolism of male and female energy and their balance), Spirals (symbolism of growth) and Double Spirals (symbolism of balance and equinox) and Five-Folds (symbolism of the four elements and balance between them) .... Which sums up to nearly all the Celtic Symbolisms.

I hope you like my first submission, I'll start working on others as soon as i complete some other contest entries i'm working on...

#28 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:49

Ok So here is my submission for the Avatar Contest...I have no other work but I thought i would give it a try ;-)

Posted Image

#29 lurch635

lurch635

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 16:58

Posted Image
All I noticed in a view month of making pictures is: -personal taste counts-
And after your justice, even the lousiest or the mainstreamiest can win.
Well here is something to judge.
See the traditional 4 Elements with a funny buffed Gamer inside. ENJOY

#30 lurch635

lurch635

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 20:18

well the idea is not my own......
but is spent some of my lifetime to make it blue:
Posted Image

edit:
Im not from an english-conversation-country, thats why i dont write
too much about my thoughts about pictures...... if i would, there is no
other way as sending me 1k Gold each day, because you missunderstood
me....................

#31 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 21:39

I couldn't decide on the text to use, so you can request any changes
Posted Image
I used a celtic eternity symbol on the arm

#32 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2011 - 00:00

Thanks for your submissions! :)

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#33 fs_darnal

fs_darnal
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:24

Click here My Avi

One representing the many elements of life. I combined the elements for things like strength courage war peace, things like that. Maybe ill put an angel in the middle or something.

If you want me to change the text just ask.

#34 fs_xevolution

fs_xevolution
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:10

Posted Image
:( Couldn't find the right types of pics. I might post more.

#35 genesis021

genesis021

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:42

here's my entry:

Posted Image

it's a mixed concept, i'm getting lazy to explain it.. lol
but the main focus is Ouroboros.
The Ouroboros (or Uroborus) is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. It comes from the Greek words oura (Greek ουρά) meaning "tail" and bόros (Greek βόρος) meaning "eating", thus "he who eats the tail".
The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end (the mythical phoenix has a similar symbolism). It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting before any beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished.

from wikipedia..

anyway, i hope you like it.. :)

#36 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 14:21

Posted Image

Well I'm not to great with words and don't talk much ,but I'll try to explain it.

The members of TEW never really fall ,but are reborn like the phoenix becoming stronger and wiser to rejoin thier teamates.

#37 Removed19110

Removed19110

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 15:05

here's my entry:

Posted Image

it's a mixed concept, i'm getting lazy to explain it.. lol
but the main focus is Ouroboros.
The Ouroboros (or Uroborus) is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. It comes from the Greek words oura (Greek ουρά) meaning "tail" and bόros (Greek βόρος) meaning "eating", thus "he who eats the tail".
The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end (the mythical phoenix has a similar symbolism). It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting before any beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished.

from wikipedia..

anyway, i hope you like it.. :)

thanks for the explanation.. I think I need to dust off my ancient Greek mythology books.. damn its only been 22 years since.. :P

#38 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2011 - 14:55

You guys are doing great! Keep up with the submissions!

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#39 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2011 - 17:50

Still plenty of time to post submissions :)

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#40 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2011 - 17:55

http://i51.tinypic.com/153wh8x.jpg

Based on the oldest eternity symbol the Ouroboros.

We like the idea however this logo reminds us too much of the guild "PANIC". Seems a little too washed out.

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: