28 replies to this topic

#21 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:54

Hoof, any chance you will address the insane amount of stam/gold that is required to PvP or is this going to remain about who is able to upgrade the most?

Edit: Also, is there any way you can have gold for composing and adding to targets taken directly from your bank like when using the buff market since we are being bombarded with attacks? It's hard not to lose the gold you are about to use from those attacks.

One last edit: How do you guys think the newer players will receive this type of PvP? Do you think it's possible for a new player with 1000 max stam to use 50 stam for every attack? How do you think it's possible for a player to play Seasons without having a mega stam bank? It's not. It grossly discriminates against players who haven't upgraded.

Edited by sweetlou, 24 July 2015 - 12:07.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#22 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:13

Hoof, didn't BG say himself there won't be an opt-in or out ? Do you really change your minds that fast ? Well BG also said the old bounty board won't be back but we want it back, can you change your minds in that too ?

Edited by clock96, 24 July 2015 - 12:35.

clock96.gif

#23 bjkills

bjkills

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:15

I'm still getting the issue that says I do not have enough gold for an attack when it's free to search

Professional Arena Player when it comes to losing. Avid Titan Hunter. Sometimes I buy and sell stuff.

#24 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:34

Hoof, any chance you will address the insane amount of stam/gold that is required to PvP or is this going to remain about who is able to upgrade the most?

I think with the changes to the target selection based on the leagues it will work better.

Edit: Also, is there any way you can have gold for composing and adding to targets taken directly from your bank like when using the buff market since we are being bombarded with attacks? It's hard not to lose the gold you are about to use from those attacks.

I don't think this will be an issue with the opt-in

One last edit: How do you guys think the newer players will receive this type of PvP? Do you think it's possible for a new player with 1000 max stam to use 50 stam for every attack? How do you think it's possible for a player to play Seasons without having a mega stam bank? It's not. It grossly discriminates against players who haven't upgraded.

Again, with the changes I don't think this will be an issue.

I'm still getting the issue that says I do not have enough gold for an attack when it's free to search

We'll get that fixed in the update today :)

#25 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:35

I moved the older threads to the staff forum to avoid any confusion about the changes.

Hoof,

Those threads included the information about how PVP Seasons actually worked (though I agree, this was spread over many posts by the end). Presumably a revised description will get posted in this---or as the start of another---thread?

#26 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:36

Hoof, didn't BG say himself there won't be an opt-in or out ? Do you really change your minds that fast ? Well BG also said the old boubty board won't be back but we want it back, can you change your minds in that too ?

We're happy with the way the bounty board is currently working, but we decided and opt-in would be the best option for the PvP Seasons.

Hoof,

Those threads included the information about how PVP Seasons actually worked (though I agree, this was spread over many posts by the end). Presumably a revised description will get posted in this---or as the start of another---thread?

Aye :)

#27 savipats

savipats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:36

The system has been feeding me the same few targets over and over...  meaning, i have hit the same ~10 different targets  dozens of times by now during a short period (sometimes even ~5 attacks on the same target within a MINUTE)...

As bad as i felt doing that, i obeyed the system  (:P)

How about: Opponent-skip resets every 3 hours instead of 6, but you could only hit each target once (or twice) during that period?

#28 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:42

Whats the point now with seasons anyway?

Wasnt your key points:
No-Opt out
Reworked PvP mechanic of the ladder
Reworked stam usage

You just made a pvp ladder of the 08 days, with a fancy new name and a bit splitted facade. But in the end its the same ladder as it was in the 08 days when the high lvls dominated it through truces and paying to be top. GREAT JOB.

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:49

The update has now been completed - please see the following thread for details:

https://forums.hunte...date-completed/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: