#21 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2012 - 19:34

Have to concur with the masses I'm afraid - if achievements are going to be tiered, then they may as well just be medals ...

and ... why have an achievement AND a medal for the same thing ? - seems kinda pointless ?. I know some people who spent a phenomenal amount of loyalty points to get the crystal treasure hunter medal (250 keys bought) will not be too happy to now see an "x marks the spot" achievement - especially if it's tiered :)

All that said, looking forward to earning some of the guild achievements :)

#22 Vjnr

Vjnr

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 06 September 2012 - 19:51

how about also for personal achievements or medals i guess:

1. number of potions invented
2. number of items invented
3. number of levels gained in 1 hunting session (may be difficult I dunno)
4. number of BP slots (may be silly but for me it is a helluva achievement)
5. x critter killing streak (from profile)
6. pvp defending victories (incl bounties, incl/excl GvG?)
7. x thousand scavenging attempts (encourage gold sink maybe?)
8. ... I will add more if i come up with any more ideas

8. number of items extracted
9. number of items saved in an invent (could be another for extraction too maybe)
10. amount of gold above x donated to guild
11. as above but for fsp
12. as above but for xp
.... thinking cap on

Insert fancy FS sig box here when I can figure it out!

#23 bulseye71

bulseye71

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 September 2012 - 20:08

The last 3 personal achievements looks the same as medals?

I have to agree with this post (and others)...we don;t need "stuff" just for the sake of having "stuff"...I call it clutter

#24 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 20:11

Whats about Personal Achievements tho ?
such like x amount of gold spent in caves it would be good

#25 fs_groppel11

fs_groppel11
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 20:19

under tomb raiders times is spelled wrong

#26 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 20:33

Buff Buddies
Posted Image
X number of Buffs cast upon fellow Guild Members.

Does no one else find the amusement in this?..lol..

On a Serious Note! I don't agree with the Chest, Super Elite, and the Global Event one. Is just a repeat of medals, takes some of the "Luster" out of having medals. All in all I like the Guild medals but I don't like the idea of Personal Achievements as much. But still a nifty idea! :)

#27 LemmyKilms

LemmyKilms

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2012 - 20:53

Tomb Raiders Achievement is a reward that has exclusive rights to only those with mega Max Stam ever since the introduction of Global Acceleration. Top 100 is unattainable by those without 20, 40, 100k Max Stam. Those with 100k Max Stam can use all of their stam and hypothetically have at least 100k kills (taking into account Stam Gain). Either level the playing field back to the old way and make people earn the rewards, or take away the meaningless medals and avatars. Medals and awards are meant to show the hard work that one has done to be the best, not for who can spend the most money. Entitlements should have no place here.

#28 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 21:02

Erm, i might be kinda dim and missing the point, but surely the amount of relics lost is exactly the same as the amount of relics won, minus the amount currently held....strikes me as redundant....

Edit: And surely it would be better to have number of GvG's for a personal thing, not a guild thing.....

#29 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2012 - 21:07

Erm, i might be kinda dim and missing the point, but surely the amount of relics lost is exactly the same as the amount of relics won, minus the amount currently held....strikes me as redundant....

Agreed change one of them to hold a relic for x hours without another guild taking it

#30 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 21:17

Edit: And surely it would be better to have number of GvG's for a personal thing, not a guild thing.....

GvG is Guild v. Guild not Player v. Guild ... So no it should not be a personal achievement

#31 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 21:27

I'm with what seems to be the consensus and I'm not for the Individual Achievements medals that are duplicates, and on the whole just not needed.

Relics Taken/Lost -- the "lost" seems unnecessary. I get that it adds meat to the 1st depending upon the ratio, but this is suppose to be positive reinforcement, right?

Buff Buddies -- is this an individual medal or to be a ratio thing for the guild as a whole?

If Individual:
I don't think this is a good medal necessarily. This is something that individual guilds see on their Advisor Report and know the active members who sacrifice their game play and buff their guildmates versus those that log on and pretty much only use their stam to spam buff, oftentimes much to the anger of Scavengers and Inventors.

The intent of the medal is admirable, but there will likely be too many essentially inactive players achieving it.

If a Guild Buff Ratio Award:
Still don't think it's great, as there are essentially inactive guilds with just a couple active players and then guild buffers and that's only log on to buff, as folks are connected by skype/phone or well it's their "other" account -- we know they're out there!

#32 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 21:45

Yea...im sorry BG but it seems there is some housecleaning to be done before achievements are brought out...too many guilds with 0 yes ZERO players active in them for months and months now, and sitting in some top 100 this or that ratings. seriously? is it that hard to clean those out? or is it the prospect of doing such would show just EXACTLY how little players or guilds are left that are active?

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2012 - 22:01

Thank you for the feedback so far. We're listening :)

We'll most likely post up a revised list tomorrow with some additional ideas as well.

#34 Siluix

Siluix

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 22:03

how about also for personal achievements or medals i guess:

1. number of potions invented
2. number of items invented
3. number of levels gained in 1 hunting session (may be difficult I dunno)
4. number of BP slots (may be silly but for me it is a helluva achievement)
5. x critter killing streak (from profile)
6. pvp defending victories (incl bounties, incl/excl GvG?)
7. x thousand scavenging attempts (encourage gold sink maybe?)

I agree With Vjnr with this bit.
Also if the Karma system when it gets finished if it does could add Ones for it like

X Number of players helped and so on (Encourage helping players more then it is: Also making this a more of a 1000 people or so on. What is point if you don't have to WORK for them. If not working for them then nothing is achieved)

X number of Players helped per month Like 50-60 maybe?

Some Gold reasoning
X number of items sold (They have to be bought)

X number of Items Bought (Should be gold based) Fsp can be done but might not help much.

X number of potions bought from the Potion Bazaar (Based on amount of gold spent also) As in a more costly potion give lets say something like +5 Potion Points while Less gives less +1 or so. With the points having to add up to 1000 or something around there.

X number of epics made (I know this gives higher levels something good, But not all should be there for lower levels, They gained levels they deserve to have SOME things the lower levels do not.

Level!!!
I think their should be one for every 100 or 200 levels or so. But they should not grant much! (Or could use them like skills, Well the skills levels at which you gain the right to invest points, Cord the levels together? Idea for this is because though people may spend a lot on this game, They should be proud of their level and such) So I think great idea.

I have more ill edit this in a little I have to eat XD

#35 Molehunter

Molehunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 22:10

Instead of X number of Relics lost for "They're Digging in the Wrong Place!".

Let's change it to X number of successful Relic defended, after all the other guys are digging in the wrong place right. :D

#36 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 22:50

Some suggestions:

Guild:

Titan Slayers: X amount of titans secured

Deep Pockets: X amount of Gold Donated to guild bank

Collector: X amount of guild tagged items

Personal:

Pack Rat: X amount of Back pack space

Legendary Hunter: X amount of different Legendary's creatures slain

Inventor: X amount of successful inventions

Power Leveler: X amount of Stam bought from the +25 upgrade

Insert Name?: X amount of total stamina for character

#37 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 22:57

Some suggestions:

Guild:

Titan Slayers: X amount of titans secured

Deep Pockets: X amount of Gold Donated to guild bank

Collector: X amount of guild tagged items

Personal:

Pack Rat: X amount of Back pack space

Legendary Hunter: X amount of different Legendary's creatures slain

Inventor: X amount of successful inventions

Power Leveler: X amount of Stam bought from the +25 upgrade

Insert Name?: X amount of total stamina for character

I like those ideas. What i'm thinking is that people will be mad and complain about what they did before this update..Say someone made 2000 inventions. They'll have to start back at 0 for the goal, and a lot of people wouldn't like this

#38 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 23:27

all i can say is that if the X needed in order to achieve these achievements are too low everyone will have them quickly and they will lose all meaning. if it takes too long small guilds will complain that they have no achievements. i say make them like the visuals for winning the arena.... have the X on or around the achievement so that players in a guild can fight for their top achievement spot. OR IF THEY HAVENT DONE ANYTHING LET US ALL STARE AT THEIR BIG FAT O!!!!

#39 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 23:28

Instead of X number of Relics lost for "They're Digging in the Wrong Place!".

Let's change it to X number of successful Relic defended, after all the other guys are digging in the wrong place right. :D

This one I like very much even if it does give the large guilds an advantage in getting it.

Additional suggestions

War party
As has been stated the number of GvG's won and lost is already displayed.
How about for number of GvG's tied there is currently no way to track that.

Buff Buddies
Again that information is in the guild adviser but I think a personal achievement for it might be nice. The reward maybe + 1% longer duration of buffs cast without having to use extend.

Letting others do the work
This I would change to Helping Others Do the Work and it would be based on the number of groups joined.

Golden Idol Kill it (see They are digging in the wrong place)
How many relics you have captured/lost does not matter but defending one does. If you really want this one make it tiered and based on the number of days the relic has been held. Again this gives large guilds an advantage.

They are Digging in the Wrong Place
This as I quoted above is one I agree with. Base it on the number of successful relic defend combats. (May be tough to do)

As for personal achievements I agree if there is a medal for it then it should not also be a personal achievement. Personal achievements should be solo activities not things that can be done with groups. There have been several good suggestions that fall within this guideline in previous posts, such as Items(Gear) invented, Potions Invented and I would like to add to them.

The first one does also have a medal but that medal can be gained by using groups.

Solo SE kills again tiered. Reward something like a new skill SE Slayer that will enhance the potion available.

Number of resources farmed (call it something like Adept Gatherer after the potion) The number must be high but the reward might be a small improvement in any gatherer potion you use. That would maybe increase the use of the inept gatherer potion if they could make up the difference with the achievement reward.

Do the same for number of plants gathered only (call it Combine) which is a farm machine that harvests plants.

Personal achievements will be tough because there are already medals for much of it but try and find the ones that can be done with a group and create solo achievements for them.

Over all a very nice try HCS but there is still work to be done.

Thank you

2320275.png

#40 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 23:41

For Personal Achievements:
I wish there had been a medal from the beginning to record GvG's participated in or better yet won. That's been one area that has been neglected as for many guilds there ends up just a few who are the GvG'ers. They're the ones buffing everyone and themselves in GvG defense and using their stam to do GvG either as initiator or retaliation.

While I know it can't be retroactive, creating this personal achievement medal would really be terrific. Then for the ones that boast their wins, it's also not just their word - show the proof.

P.S. Overall I like leo3000 ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: