109 replies to this topic

#21 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 16:06

Nice event. Although I spent 25 million gold in caves and all I got was one zaragoth boots. Not even any decent potions :(

this is why i no longer play the caves, I am tempted too but unless the odd item you get sells for a lot you wont get even close to what you have spent.

and when you try ppl complain ypour being greedy on the price you ask

#22 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 16:08

Went with a helm because there was a helm gap in the available sets in that area. Could have gone Gloves or Boots but Helms can look REALLY cool.

You're not thinking like a player, Grim. The vast majority of epic use is for stam gain, so it doesn't matter what sets it complements.

When thinking of an item slot for a new high-level stam gain epic, I would suggest looking at the highest level stam gain item for each slot, and releasing a high-level item for the lowest of those numbers. Right now, the highest level stam gain epic for each slot is:

Gloves: Vine Tendril Gauntlets, lv 1200

Helm: Mask of Terror, lv 1600

Amulet: Choker of Time, lv 1925

Weapon: Krakaradon Tooth Harpoon, lv 1200

Armor: Dragon Draped Breastplate, lv 1101

Shield: Elemental Shields, lv 900

Ring: Nutcrackers Walnut Ring, lv 900

Boots: Dragon Draped Sabatons, lv 1101

Rune: Roach Rune of Epidemicus, lv  1200

Since the lowest number on that list is 900, the newest epics should take those slots. That would be either a shield or ring. Special mention to gloves because that's the only one of those that isn't a titan item. Aside: I would love to see high-level epics that aren't titan items, especially if they become the best available in their slot.

Amulet would have been the worst choice but helm was not far behind. Having the Mask of Terror be a helm was the worst slot to use for that one.

As for the artwork, it is a problem to illustrate a horrifying monster with a really wicked-looking ring or rune, I understand. Still, I don't believe it's a big enough issue to overcome everything else.

One fix would be to keep the current helm as is and introduce a recipe to transform it into a shield. The shield on that artwork looks pretty nice too. This would be similar to Dragonbane, where you put the item as an armor even though there was a glaring hole with boots (and we already had a +3 stam gain Ridged Legion Breastplate).

If you don't like the effect that has on the market, put a special flag on this new item that doesn't allow it to be saved with Inventor II, or instead of having a recipe for it, make a "swap shop" in the Cathedral of Ways where you can trade in one for the other.

• Maj likes this

#23 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 16:10

there are already lots of epic HELMS :( kojin helm, mask of terror, wazargs siege helm, Tsukiyaomos Benighted Helm, Helm of the Flaming Mind

there are already lots of epic ARMORS too :( Krumpers Woolly Armor, Wickermans Burning Breastplate, wrath of gurgriss, dragon drapped armor

we need high lvl epic GLOVES or RING !!!

What kinda level range do you propose?

the last high lvl titan drop regarding ring is lvl 900 Nutcracker ring which gets dropped by the Gargantuan Nutcracker (SEASONAL Titan) ONCE A YEAR (this ring is the ONLY titan drop, there are no other titans that drop rings except this one)

the last high lvl titan drop regarding gloves is lvl 450 Echiphons Scale Gauntlets !!!!

please no more helms or armors, we got many

for ring & gloves please over lvl 1200+

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#24 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 16:16

although id hate to see nutcracker devalued, a ring is the best choice, shield is ~definitely~ needed also, lots have fun inventing the dragon draped stuff imo the best option would be make a recipe for ring, shield and that cool sword he is holding to be made from the helm ;)

#25 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 16:22

and ty for such nice artwork, a fav of mine already ;D

#26 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2014 - 16:51

Went with a helm because there was a helm gap in the available sets in that area. Could have gone Gloves or Boots but Helms can look REALLY cool.

gap in the sets ...? 

Epic sets would be awesome.

Edited by UrcK, 03 October 2014 - 17:04.

#27 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:15

Those low level monsters are useless.

#28 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:16

While I appreciate you taking this into account when choosing the item for this titan, it unfortunately does not apply to epic items. The loss from epic items not being part of a set does not outweigh the gain in natural stats the epics have. Because they get no boost from buffs like Coordinated attack / Defense or buffs like Smashing hammer and Keen edge  Epics are pretty much useless for Hunting and PVP past level 500 or maybe even lower...

As other have pointed out the only real use currently is to use them to upgrade an older Stamina gain item that would have less gains then the new 1.

Option 1 is make some type of buff that makes epics have similar gains to the above buffs for sets

Option 2 Makes epic items all part of 1 giant set (So that Coordinated buffs work on them)

Option 3 Change the item slot or make it invent-able into other items.

#29 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:18

Does anyone else notice that the only benefit here are for high level players?

#30 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:31

humm epic set nice

#31 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:32

Does anyone else notice that the only benefit here are for high level players?

what do you consider high lvl players as none of the cave or realm items are close to my level there closer to you then me except for the pounamu set ...

#32 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:38

Would you rather spend time killing a monster that gave you nothing in return? Answer would be no. Look at them, those low level legendaries are garbage. While you guys can kill the newer monsters that actually still have value that we low levels can't even touch.

#33 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:39

BG .. Suggestion that would appease all .. Make the Helm invent the shield he is wearing like Dragonbane invents the Sabatons

and might i add what a nice looking shield IT is :)

Edited by UrcK, 03 October 2014 - 17:45.

#34 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:45

Just drop the shld,,,,RED

#35 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:58

I endorse changing the slot of the titan item and/or ways to transform it to another slot for no particular reason :)

#36 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 18:01

Would you rather spend time killing a monster that gave you nothing in return? Answer would be no. Look at them, those low level legendaries are garbage. While you guys can kill the newer monsters that actually still have value that we low levels can't even touch.

nothing has value anymore doesnt matter the lvl the only reason pounamu has some value is because its cave based not realm based and it costs so much to even get a drop no one has a choice but keep the price high to even break even

#37 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 18:10

At least you guys can use the gear. All we can do is sell ours or compose them.Even that isn't worth it cause everyone is going to have the same idea and next thing you know, prices fluctuate and no one wants to buy or sell anymore. At least give us a new creature for the lower levels. Especially in the 200-299 range cause anyone who's been there knows how terrible the hunting gear is.

#38 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 18:18

At least you guys can use the gear. All we can do is sell ours or compose them.Even that isn't worth it cause everyone is going to have the same idea and next thing you know, prices fluctuate and no one wants to buy or sell anymore. At least give us a new creature for the lower levels. Especially in the 200-299 range cause anyone who's been there knows how terrible the hunting gear is.

I don`t understand why you would want a 200-299 level gear at your level. You cannot use that even, RED 

#39 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 18:28

First of all I try to promote support for lower level players. It's what gets this game going. And what do you guys do? Worrying about yourselves. The same way how HCS is more concerned about their high level players than lower level players. Might as well just tell all levels under 500 to go screw themselves.

#40 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2014 - 18:47

Thank you BigGrim for the event and  I am looking forward to see more. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: