Photo

Eldevin Prologue Video Released!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2008 - 22:55

Example: Billy Blue Hat, Roger Red Hat :?

#22 ss_nebulara

ss_nebulara
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2008 - 23:17

It looks great. Is it free? Will it work with Vista?

#23 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2008 - 16:30

It looks great. Is it free? Will it work with Vista?

Sure will! :)

#24 ss_sacrilege

ss_sacrilege
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 17:53

After all the hype, the flip from Gothic Ages to Eldevin, and the months we've been patiently waiting, the best they've got is that hurting video?
I agree the story sounds good and the screenshots make the game alot like this one and Fallen Sword, but I wanted more and was unexpectedly let-down.
I'm likening it to meeting an incredibly hot girl, and then finding out she's a guy.

#25 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 19:32

I know its gonna be subscription based, but would there be a "Free Trial" available? I wouldnt want to pay for a game, then 5 minutes later find its not my cup of tea..

#26 ss_xero

ss_xero
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 20:20

After all the hype, the flip from Gothic Ages to Eldevin, and the months we've been patiently waiting, the best they've got is that hurting video?
I agree the story sounds good and the screenshots make the game alot like this one and Fallen Sword, but I wanted more and was unexpectedly let-down.
I'm likening it to meeting an incredibly hot girl, and then finding out she's a guy.

Screenshots? There are no screenshots yet. The idea behind the video was to tell the story behind Eldevin like a fairy tale. If you thought the video showed screenshots of the game, then sorry for the confusion. They were custom made for the video. Eldevin is worlds apart from Fallensword and Sigma 2, with the obvious being that it's 3D. I can assure you the game has a much darker and grittier atmosphere to it than the video indicates.

I'm going to try and push Hoof and Cowboy into chucking out some screenshots in a month or so. I'm itching to let you guys see the game itself! I'm sure you won't be let down.

#27 ss_nogears

ss_nogears
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 22:30

Allow me 3 silly questions,

1º is the game, Eldevin, Browser based like runescape or will ti be a .exe?

2º For how long are you working on it?

3º will we sense anithing familiar with sigma / fallensword when playing eldevin?

#28 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2008 - 22:31

I'm going to try and push Hoof and Cowboy into chucking out some screenshots in a month or so. I'm itching to let you guys see the game itself! I'm sure you won't be let down.

I second this! The actual game looks really impressive. You're going to love it.
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#29 ss_ffdamage

ss_ffdamage
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 00:01

OMG! Looks S**T HOT!!

#30 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:41

Allow me 3 silly questions,

1º is the game, Eldevin, Browser based like *** or will ti be a .exe?

It plays in the browser just like a picture loading so will download and start without you having to manually download/install anything (tho you do need the latest Java browser plugin which most should have - if not you can get it easily from http://www.java.com as a 'one time' thing like installing a flash plugin). It should also work on macs/linux and we've got it packed small in size so should also download pretty quickly.

2º For how long are you working on it?

A long time but the team started very small and has grown over time so the years working on it arent a fair judge considering the team size early on and now, but yeah we didnt quite know how big it would be or how long it would take to develop :)

3º will we sense anithing familiar with sigma / fallensword when playing eldevin?

Not explicitly, Eldevin is 3d real time and also in different settings so... the idea of making 3d versions of some of our other games' popular locations is cool tho, I have one in mind in particular but not tellin :)
Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#31 ss_sesquis

ss_sesquis
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:55

The video looks great, love the fairy tale effect in telling the story (reminds me a bit of Shrek or Ella Enchanted). Will it be free to play like SS2 and FS?

Oh, and

LOL.

#32 ss_rayrazz

ss_rayrazz
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 17:56

hopefully Eldevin when ever it gets released won't have pvping in it.

...if they do have pvping..they willl prob have like an arena where you can pvp for items/prizes...

#33 ss_mojawk

ss_mojawk
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 19:09

We plan to have PvP zones and also our version of an arena, however these are lower on our list of priorities and haven't been finalized yet. PvP will be optional tho so if your not a fan you won't have to bother with it :)

#34 ss_xero

ss_xero
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 19:47

hopefully Eldevin when ever it gets released won't have pvping in it.

...if they do have pvping..they willl prob have like an arena where you can pvp for items/prizes...

I'm keen on the idea of arena pvp. Picking random areas of the world seems daft to me, and possibly annoying. Like Mojawk said, it's lower on our list or priorities right now, but we have taken note on peoples comments here and on the FS forum.

#35 T1GER69

T1GER69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2008 - 20:15

We plan to have PvP zones and also our version of an arena, however these are lower on our list of priorities and haven't been finalized yet. PvP will be optional tho so if your not a fan you won't have to bother with it :)

THANK GOD FOR THAT :D :D :D

#36 ss_rayrazz

ss_rayrazz
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:17

wewt! im like a psicic!...ive also heard its ganna be out like..REALLY soon...=](lol im also a purist in SS2 =] hehe)

*edit* wewt last post!!

#37 ss_hrtoin

ss_hrtoin
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:33

Hey guys but pvp is a fun thing to do in MMORPG :mrgreen:

#38 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:17

Wow - talk about necro-posting, reviving a 60 month old thread LOL.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#39 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 18:11

30 months anyway. lol.

I actually thought HCS had the chutzpah to add Eldevin progress in here when I saw the update....

#40 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 21:36

30 months anyway. lol.

I actually thought HCS had the chutzpah to add Eldevin progress in here when I saw the update....

Oh yeah, 2.5 yrs is 30 months LOL - my bad...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: