#21 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:10

Hoof, any thoughts on a time decay item?

You mean like once it has been equipped, it's durability will start ticking down?

Well, couple suggestions I have for how this could work.

[*:v22f7gxn]After the first equip, the durability ticks down and the item becomes bound.
[*:v22f7gxn]The item is always tradeable, though is spontaneously destroyed after an unknown X hours of use (combined).
[*:v22f7gxn]The item is always tradeable and is spontaneously destroyed after a known and displayed X hours of time after creation
[*:v22f7gxn]All ancient items could work on a weekly/monthly basis. Every week/month, all the ancient items in the game would be destroyed and would have to be created again.
Just a couple thoughts. They all involve taking the item off the market at one point or another, to ensure that trade remains continuous.

#22 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 13:46

You mean like once it has been equipped, it's durability will start ticking down?

I don't like the idea of a time decay, I don't think many players would spend ages to obtain an ancient item to lose it in a short space of time.

I think the better option would be to make these Ancient items unique by focusing on 1 stat e.g. gloves could be attack, amulet could be HP, weapon could be damage, Armor for Armor etc. Make them non repairable and give them a higher % of losing durability compared to crystalline items.
I also like the idea of having Ancient items have a special unique enhancement only available to ancient items only.

#23 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2012 - 13:54

Well, couple suggestions I have for how this could work.

[*:2bw9r2cb]After the first equip, the durability ticks down and the item becomes bound.
[*:2bw9r2cb]The item is always tradeable, though is spontaneously destroyed after an unknown X hours of use (combined).
[*:2bw9r2cb]The item is always tradeable and is spontaneously destroyed after a known and displayed X hours of time after creation
[*:2bw9r2cb]All ancient items could work on a weekly/monthly basis. Every week/month, all the ancient items in the game would be destroyed and would have to be created again.
Just a couple thoughts. They all involve taking the item off the market at one point or another, to ensure that trade remains continuous.

[*:2bw9r2cb]That can work but I'd say it loses a durability when you put it on as well. Otherwise it can be used a lot of times for only a few seconds without losing any durability for a long time. Things like an SE/Elite kill, a PvP hit, a relic takeover, join an Arena tournament, etc. all take only a few seconds and if the average is 1 durability in (let's say) 1 hour then people can easily do 600 of those things before they get 1 durability loss (if the clock keeps going on instead of resetting each time the items is taken off), but hunting, farming plants, scavenging, etc. will tale more losses just because it takes a bit longer.
If each time the item is equipped 1 durability point is instantly lost then it loses 1 point on an SE kill, PvP hit, etc. (and people will probably want to keep it equipped if they plan to use it again in the next hour), and a small hunt, farming plants, etc. will lose around 2 points (1 for the initial putting it on, and 1 for wearing it for around 1 hour). :wink:
[*:2bw9r2cb]Then it will be important to show how long an item has been worn combined. Otherwise people will start to distrust each other a lot. If an item is brand new and with a little bad luck doesn't last very long then the buyer will accuse the seller that he/she sold him worn items, even though that is not true.
[*:2bw9r2cb]I think people prefer to have it destroyed after an X time of use rather than after an X time after it being created. People who invent these items will probably only make them when being asked, because having an item sit on the AH gradually ruins its value over time...
[*:2bw9r2cb]If items break that easily then players will probably not want to get them because they have to be replaced a lot. Then the price will be either low, and there is a high risk it will be as dead as the Chests on the maps because no one wants to get those low priced items; or only the very wealthy will want to use items with great stats that last only a short time.
Did I already say I'm not a big fan of this last option? :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#24 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2012 - 14:12

I don't like the idea of a time decay, I don't think many players would spend ages to obtain an ancient item to lose it in a short space of time.

I think the better option would be to make these Ancient items unique by focusing on 1 stat e.g. gloves could be attack, amulet could be HP, weapon could be damage, Armor for Armor etc. Make them non repairable and give them a higher % of losing durability compared to crystalline items.
I also like the idea of having Ancient items have a special unique enhancement only available to ancient items only.

How about making these items grow with the player's level?

Upon inventing the items will be unbound and level 1.
Once a player equips it it will become their level and bound.
Every time the player gains (or loses) a level the item will gain (or lose) a level too and the stats will increase with it.

Suppose an unbound Ancient helmet with 3 points in armor at level 1.
A level 497 player buys it and upon equipping it it turns into a bound level 500 helmet with 1500 armor.
Then that player goes hunting and makes 4 levels. The helmet will now be level 504 and have 1512 armor.
For comparison, a level 500 LE helmet (Illuyanka helmet) has 200 attack, 690 armor and 260 damage and can be crafted and hellforged into a 314 attack, 724 armor and 374 damage helmet. I'm not sure if the Ancient items can be crafted and hellforged, but let's say the can and the craft bonus is also level-based. Let's go with 0.2 point per level for perfect, then a level 500 helmet will get 100 points from crafting (and a level 504 helmet will get 101 points from crafting (100.8 rounded up). Hellforging should give this item at level 500 and 504 an extra 100 points in armor. So the item has 1700 armor at level 500, and 1713 armor at level 504.

The total stats of the Illuyanka LE helmet are 1414, but there are some differences with the Ancient helmet here: they are divided among some stats (so you probably also get a stat that you don't really need that much), there is a set bonus for these LE sets which is in favour of the LE set, some buffs give bonuses to set which is also in favour of LE sets, and some buffs give bonuses to item stats which is in favour of Ancient items.

By making the item grow with the player's level it will be useful for a long time even if sometimes LE items are more useful. LE items will not improve as the player levels up, while Ancient items will. :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#25 fs_abhishek11

fs_abhishek11
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 15:40

Or maybe not crystalline but it could just have a very high price to repair and the stats fall down drastically with each durability loss..

Let's say it's a level 600 item that gives 1.5k damage with 30 durability. When the durability goes down 29 the damage goes down to 1.45, by the time the durability is 25 the damage goes down 1.25k. + It costs a lot to repair those items but the cost gets lower as the durability decreases so it's easy to maintain the item at 25 durability but the cost at 30 durability makes it so expensive to use that after some time people just use it at bit lower (more moderate) stats rather than losing it altogether (Crystalline)

Also would love to see some overpowered HP items... almost nothing grants you nice hp! would make the HP related buffs more usable....

#26 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 December 2012 - 23:17

Or maybe not crystalline but it could just have a very high price to repair and the stats fall down drastically with each durability loss..

Let's say it's a level 600 item that gives 1.5k damage with 30 durability. When the durability goes down 29 the damage goes down to 1.45, by the time the durability is 25 the damage goes down 1.25k. + It costs a lot to repair those items but the cost gets lower as the durability decreases so it's easy to maintain the item at 25 durability but the cost at 30 durability makes it so expensive to use that after some time people just use it at bit lower (more moderate) stats rather than losing it altogether (Crystalline)

Also would love to see some overpowered HP items... almost nothing grants you nice hp! would make the HP related buffs more usable....

no it needs to be non repairable.

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2012 - 00:47

no it needs to be non repairable.

I agree, although a high repair cost would be a good gold sink, I think it would be better if they couldn't ever be repaired :)

#28 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:25

Hoof would you be happy to have Ancient items both be single stat focused and also have a new Unique enhancement only available to Ancient items?

Also could Ancient Creatures have a new enhancement called 'Ancient' - small % reduction to all opponents item stats that are non Ancient items, Kind of like a reverse duelist enhancement but for Ancients. There is so many stat boosting buffs out there that this little enhancement could make a good challenge.

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:33

Hoof would you be happy to have Ancient items both be single stat focused and also have a new Unique enhancement only available to Ancient items?

I think that would make sense. They would need something unique to make them differ from Epic items.

#30 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:13

I think that would make sense. They would need something unique to make them differ from Epic items.

Well this is just an idea, but why not have this made as an enhancement to Ancient items instead of making this as a buff.

Master Mind - small % chance that when an item is invented successfully - it will be made already perfect crafted(If items have crafting).

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:17

Well this is just an idea, but why not have this made as an enhancement to Ancient items instead of making this as a buff.

Master Mind - small % chance that when an item is invented successfully - it will be made already perfect crafted(If items have crafting).

I think if it gave some form of crafting bonus, it would never get used in combat and hence never lose any durability :)

#32 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:23

I think if it gave some form of crafting bonus, it would never get used in combat and hence never lose any durability :)

true indeed :lol: , I think Ancient items will be best known for their single stat use. No other items have this, so this alone will make them Unique in itself.

#33 fs_abhishek11

fs_abhishek11
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:31

Well maybe some enhancement like : Swift Blade - A very small chance that you get two consecutive turns in a combat.

#34 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:34

If it increased thievery, master thief, and/ or elite hunter enhancements I could see it being used ALOT. IE: boosting enhancements above 100%, to lets say 150% ( when used accordingly with the proper equipped gear/ enhancements.)

#35 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:34

Well maybe some enhancement like : Swift Blade - A very small chance that you get two consecutive turns in a combat.

Double Attack :D

#36 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:36

If this worked for the defender ONLY, I'd love it. Possibly even something Like a 100% chance First Strike activates? Would be 8) and they'd get busted in no time.

#37 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:53

If it increased thievery, master thief, and/ or elite hunter enhancements I could see it being used ALOT. IE: boosting enhancements above 100%, to lets say 150% ( when used accordingly with the proper equipped gear/ enhancements.)

I think if it had the ability to increase % of all enhancements up to a max of 150%, I could also see these being used alot aswell.

#38 fs_abhishek11

fs_abhishek11
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:57

If this worked for the defender ONLY, I'd love it. Possibly even something Like a 100% chance First Strike activates? Would be 8) and they'd get busted in no time.

Lol 100% first strike? xD

Though I like the defender only idea. Would be awesome in armor battles where you just wait for piercing strike xD

#39 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:01

Lol 100% first strike? xD

Though I like the defender only idea. Would be awesome in armor battles where you just wait for piercing strike xD

It'd be in high demand for gvg too ;)

#40 fs_abhishek11

fs_abhishek11
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:02

oh yes.... and it will be super rare ... muhahahaha! I will probably never own one myself. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: