BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 April 2014 - 20:43

Cool the way the event is structured.  

While it doesn't affect me, have to agree with the high levels as it's too bad they don't have new LE's to hunt in this (ie new gear) as we all like new, fun stuff to play with.  Let's face it those folks at the Top 100 have all been wearing the same gear for a while and they're getting ripe.  When the wind shifts you can even smell it down at my level  ....... (just being silly, why not, right?)  .... :D

#22 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:03

Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional Ruby chest reward.

Does this mean that we will get 16 total chests for top 100?

Yes -- Clarification please BigGrim or Hoof, so is the prize 1 additional Zorgrom chest or 8 for a total of 16.  

If the semantics are correct it means the Top 100 gain 16 Zorgrom chests, and that's fine - just asking :)

#23 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:16

Is it just me, or was this event absurdly easy to accomplish?  About 1700 stamina, with the usual 175 buffs, and I went well over 5600 kills.  Not that I'm complaining mind you, it just seemed TOO easy :wacko:

#24 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:24

Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional Ruby chest reward.

I think it's pretty obvious - just means 1 extra chest as far as I can see ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#25 Brinmoth

Brinmoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:28

What's this?! A global event where I actually have some stam to burn... It's a miracle!

So instead of the challenge of having to minmax my stam to qualify at the final hours i have a new challenge...

Top 100!

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Challenge-a

Yes -- Clarification please BigGrim or Hoof, so is the prize 1 additional Zorgrom chest or 8 for a total of 16.  

If the semantics are correct it means the Top 100 gain 16 Zorgrom chests, and that's fine - just asking :)

I would like official clarification for this too.

Edited by Brinmoth, 29 April 2014 - 02:37.

#26 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:58

More than twice apparently... O.o

I remember we can delete our own post, provided someone has not made another post yet. Few weeks back. I wanted to delete 1 of my posts, but can't find the option anymore :(. Can anyone tell me why the option got removed?

Sorry about being off-topic

#27 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:24

I remember we can delete our own post, provided someone has not made another post yet. Few weeks back. I wanted to delete 1 of my posts, but can't find the option anymore :(. Can anyone tell me why the option got removed?

Sorry about being off-topic

The option to delete a post hasn't been in since this new forum format was implemented. I asked Hoof about almost as soon as it was noticed (very early on) and he said it must have been omitted.

Still unsure as to why it's not been added subsequently ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#28 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:57

STOP! Global dance time! =)

carlton-dance-gif.gif

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:19

No, only one.

While it doesn't affect me, have to agree with the high levels as it's too bad they don't have new LE's to hunt in this (ie new gear) as we all like new, fun stuff to play with.

I'll be adding more next time this comes out. At the moment, I'm thinking about a brand new LE instead of shoring up an existing. But that'll come sometime after an updated Quango Adventures (getting there) and Storybook Forest (Not started yet).

Not even 24 hours in and we are close to silver! Keep going! I know you guys and gals can do it! :)

#30 Lordram

Lordram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:52

i cant get drop of any resource even by using RF 175 either from foot soldier or Le creature i checked my auto discard too its at lvl 1 and all are set to keep i am getting drops of recipe and even other drops from creatures but i cant get any resource plz help me fast before event is over

#31 Lordram

Lordram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:54

Brinmoth helped me getting thm now thnx

#32 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:57

rewards2_zps55e28911.jpg

XD

Edited by Rasputin, 29 April 2014 - 16:00.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#33 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 29 April 2014 - 17:05

STOP! Global dance time! =)

carlton-dance-gif.gif

ab050cc02b4bace5cf4a1718409da4b8.480x340

#34 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 17:41

The same as last time. Additionally, you all have access to Global Booster 750 now. No excuses! Finally, the Shroud and Zorgrom give you more than one kill at base. tongue.png

I only used the lvl 500 global booster, boosted to 525 with small distil potion, and I only had to kill 84 Zogrom Foot Soldiers to hit Ruby qualifying level.  Each kill was worth 55 kills.   I used up 1000 stam but that's only because I did not use lightfoot or AM and just stayed in the area where I already was.  With these high level boosters it should be quite possible to reach the higher number I think. 

#35 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:25

I went with the new loyalty 500 ( 575 w/ ZombieBrew) global doubler for this event! I was very pleased!   :D thanks again for the events/ rewards ! 

[attachment=2003:globaldoubler.PNG]

#36 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 14:55

i love how people jump on the complain wagon before they even try the event,  thanks for the epic 700, i am realm bound at the moment, so hunted these with am 175, no conserve and no LF with booster 863 i got some 36,600 kills with about 13k stamina in a lvl 1607 realm. 

thanks again Grim,  good work on the new potions  and bumping kills per kill

RD

Edited by RD1542, 01 May 2014 - 14:56.

#37 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 17:08

Disappoints that that no one has mentioned this already.

We have achieved Ruby with a day to go on an event in which our last two attempts have been Gold and Silver.

This has only been possible because the kills per creature have been bumped up to 2 & 5 from 1.

I feel this is somewhat a mockery, the kills have been bumped by effectively a factor of 5 yet the personal qualifying tiers remain the same (1000 ,2000....,5000) and the tier unlock requirements have also remained the same - net result is we have had do 2-5 times less work than we would have had to previously.

Just to put it into perspective 20million current kills are equivalent to 4 million to 10million kills in previous events of the same type (lower bound of 5, upper bound of 2) - under previous rules that would Bronze - Silver tier.

Increasing the kills fivefold whilst keeping everything else the same makes it very quick to achieve kills(even more so with the new boosters) and less stam is used by players which obviously makes the players happy but is that right?

I am not asking for a change to the current event but what I would ask of grim is to look into this and modify the personal/community tiers for next time - Oidiche Shamana for example also has creatures which give up to 5 kills but the qualifying tiers are all 5x normal and the community total is accordingly 5x as much.

Unless of course this is a new standard where the cows intentionally make it upto 5x easier to achieve Ruby and we the community know no better - of course I believe that is not the case.

Grim may well have boosted the kills in order to encourage participation perhaps but as I've pointed out it's made the event a mockery without bumping up other stuff, other ways to increase participation may have been to add new LE sets but we have a lot anyway( plus grim is very busy I understand), I personally think the pots are a great reward for doing a bit of kills but others have different opinions regarding the strength of the pots (not AL500, lacking AM500 etc etc) which is ultimately why this event and the Darksun Dragons are not very popular and why we don't get past Gold tier on them usually - which is fine, the community will do as much as it feels is needed, we shouldn't need an easy way to achieve Ruby or increased incentives to achieve Ruby, the rewards are what they are and the community will do what they feel is 'enough'..

Edited by sohail94, 01 May 2014 - 17:16.

#38 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 17:17

i agree, it took me only 3 minutes to walk to a good realm and then acquire my 5,000 kills. I think next time we should be required, each, to obtain say 15,000 kills. To gain my 5,000 kills I used circa 800 stamina... Hardly much of an effort on my part to get the top reward :wub:

#39 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2014 - 23:29

People complain when it's difficult, and people complain when it's "easy". Poor cows can't win.  <_<

Thank you for the event, HCS. I will enjoy my Ogre Blood.  :D

#40 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:48

I wanted to thank HCS for having global events random. I have qualified but this time I will not be in top 100 and I think seeing others working to be on there is awesome! Keep up the random events, one of the reasons why I like checking in fs so much. :) Kudos keep up the good work for finding new ways to have fun in fs. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: