#21 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 22:54

Red, I think you may have misunderstood what Lagenie was saying.  No bot involved.  He's using built-in Windows functionality to control the mouse with the keyboard.  This allows him to use the keyboard to left-click easily.  He then puts on a movie and and continually presses (manually without a bot) the assigned key without ever looking.

So by strict definition, this is not a bot.  Human interaction is required, but no way he'll ever see a test question.

Lagenie's other point really poses a tough question.  I knew bots were adding randomizers so they can't be detected by robot perfect motion.  But responding to chat questions?  That could make detection near impossible.  On the other hand, it's hard to imagine a professional 'botter' coming to a game this new, so may only be a future concern.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#22 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:30

Red, I think you may have misunderstood what Lagenie was saying.  No bot involved.  He's using built-in Windows functionality to control the mouse with the keyboard.  This allows him to use the keyboard to left-click easily.  He then puts on a movie and and continually presses (manually without a bot) the assigned key without ever looking.

So by strict definition, this is not a bot.  Human interaction is required, but no way he'll ever see a test question.

!this :) - Windows Mousekeys is a Tool for people that - for example - doesnt own a Mouse, which makes it possible to move the mouse with the numpad 8 - up, 2 down - 4 left - 6 right - 5 left click ... so once you set your cursor position u just have to press 5 2 times and you start to mine

Lagenie's other point really poses a tough question.  I knew bots were adding randomizers so they can't be detected by robot perfect motion.  But responding to chat questions?  That could make detection near impossible.  On the other hand, it's hard to imagine a professional 'botter' coming to a game this new, so may only be a future concern.

Well, i dont think someone that can make such good bots will ever implement it for a game like this at all ... there are better games out where more profit can be made off :) ... Just for example runescape - before i would make a bot for this game here i make it for runescape, just because of the potential customers .. or any kind of MMO like WoW / TESO ...

And the responding part isnt that hard, but would only be useful for "normal" players, that just use the botting as a help for their own, not for bots that make it for real money profit ... as it would be too time consuming, to respond on chat.

So i really dont have any potential hopes / fears that such bots will be seen here ^^

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#23 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:04

May I make a suggestion? I have played another game with similar bot problem. what they came up with is that having a NPC pop up randomly and give you a simple math problem if you failed to answer that simple math problem within 5 mins you will get suspended for botting. and there should be an afk mode for player who afk a lot in game. when stand still and do nothing for more than 5 mins your character will be set to afk mode which the NPC that check for bots will not show up on you. so it will be safe for those who afk a lot in game.

If by this you mean the Captcha thing, then i heartily disagree with it, i've played many games where this was implemented and all it did was drive players away from the game i myself quit because of the constant pop-up.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#24 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:16

this is the worst thing they could implement ... as there are lots of player training by afking .... for example with mousekeys

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#25 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:57

No captchas not ever, please. Captchas ruin everything.  :(

I'd hope there's some technical way to detect simple bots without annoying real players, and making it slightly more convenient for people to report other players who they suspect of botting. That should suffice for the time being.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#26 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:49

best thing to detect bots is and will always be software, that detects actions per minute and watches online times, which "crys" out, if it finds a player, that got the same patterns, over and over - which have then to be investigated in manuelly.

And tools that allow player to report other players which they think they are using bots, which than shows some players for example with 5 reports a week, other with 5 per hour ... which then needs, like the other investigation ...

And well bad bots, that use game data can automatically be detected with tools (this are the best bots to bot with, but the easiest to detect)

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#27 Hennessey

Hennessey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:29

although I don't condone bots if you completely eradicated bots this game would die off. No one can name a successful mmo that has no bots. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=F48m8w4NrsY

Dat hXc doe 

ITS A HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA 

#28 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:10

although I don't condone bots if you completely eradicated bots this game would die off. No one can name a successful mmo that has no bots.

Lies and slander!

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#29 Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:42

There will always be bots, no matter what they do.

Right now bots have no influence on the game and gain very little experience compared to playing, since they're just basic scripts.

If you suspect a bot you can report them here:

https://www.huntedcow.com/support

Wrong Ppl are already writing scripts with Scar DIVI.

these can be quite advanced depending on the skill of the scripter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: