Photo

Double Stam Gain Day!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Double Stam Gain Day! (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best day to have this running?

1. Monday (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

2. Tuesday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Wednesday (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

4. Thursday (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

5. Friday (1 votes [2.13%])

6. All Weekend (27 votes [57.45%])

Percentage of vote: 57.45%

7. I think Id just like to shoot this all down (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

8. Dont care at all dont use my stam already (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

9. This isn't fun Juvi, please try again (1 votes [2.13%])

10. None of the above (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 20:02

Thumbs_Up-animated-Garfield-cat-thumbs-u

#22 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 20:08

Thumbs_Up-animated-Garfield-cat-thumbs-u

i knew youd come through with the goods bloody, nice pic ;)

#23 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2015 - 21:22

Hahaha this is funny. :P

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#24 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 22:57

i know that but some like anonymimity id guess so they can be free to be honest :)

was just coincidence i posted after you if it was you :)

It wasn't me. But if it were I wouldn't hide behind anonymity. I would explain why, logically. I didn't vote. Too many voting options imo and I don't think the cows(Hoof) are in any mood to give stam away. "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" kind of thing. lol But I've learned nothing is concrete in this game so if it happened you'd be the first one I'd send a "attaboy" :)

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#25 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 23:05

It wasn't me. But if it were I wouldn't hide behind anonymity. I would explain why, logically. I didn't vote. Too many voting options imo and I don't think the cows(Hoof) are in any mood to give stam away. "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" kind of thing. lol But I've learned nothing is concrete in this game so if it happened you'd be the first one I'd send a "attaboy" :)

i was thinking that when i was making choices actually, who seriously would wanna make 50 choices which is the maximum O.o

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 13:47

I think the best way to solve that "problem" is to add more stamina upgrades on fsPs upgrades...Maybe 2 on Gold Upgrades and 10~15 on FSPs upgrades...Can't see a bad side on it.

+1 to this.

Though I like the gold idea (I am a gold sink junky), it would be pretty rough for the community to swallow. Assuming FSP cost of 200k, that's 5 million for the upgrade. I like it though. 

Mainly, the reason I like this alternative suggestion is because I believe that if something like this is to be done, it needs to have a cost. 

I can't justify, in my case and assuming it's just one day, getting an extra 2,880 stam per week for free.

In any case Juvi, I liked the numerous poll options. 

#27 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 13:55

+1 to this.

Though I like the gold idea (I am a gold sink junky), it would be pretty rough for the community to swallow. Assuming FSP cost of 200k, that's 5 million for the upgrade. I like it though. 

Mainly, the reason I like this alternative suggestion is because I believe that if something like this is to be done, it needs to have a cost. 

I can't justify, in my case and assuming it's just one day, getting an extra 2,880 stam per week for free.

In any case Juvi, I liked the numerous poll options. 

ty for the compliment egami, i ask seriously and not to debate really.... is the extra stam youd get a week from the double, 2880 from the gain you figured, really, too big of an influx? what would 2880 stam extra do to players? you mentioned gold but hcs can manage that anytime they choose if they so wished, they kept bringing epics into the game, would this be just a way to add a fun destination for your weeks routine, moreso if new.... regardless a few stam gains on the gold page i think could be cool :)

edit: *bitterly betrayed you didnt agree egami* :P

Edited by Undjuvion, 14 September 2015 - 13:56.

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 14:20

Responding to #27. 

On the polling: Definitely more a step in the right direction. I'd like to see HCS' "don't mind" split into "don't care/mind" and "not sure" but it's a moot point.

On your question about "too much": Well, I think a bit outside the box. For me (+120 stam/hr) that works out to close to 150k a year. Everything else in my head is an "assumption". I don't like the implications.

Regardless, what I thought about this poll was simply that everyone would vote for it. Heck, who wouldn't be hip to getting more stam for free? I don't think that's a solution and I think yg's suggestion is more in line with a wiser business decision on HCS' part.

All that said.... how about this as a possible alternative?

What if HCS offered the alternative during unannounced double XP events of choosing between double XP OR double stam gain? The wacky idea would be that a player logging in once the event has started chooses between getting either double XP or double stam gain for the entire duration of the event. 

Just a random thought...

#29 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 14:36

Responding to #27. 

On the polling: Definitely more a step in the right direction. I'd like to see HCS' "don't mind" split into "don't care/mind" and "not sure" but it's a moot point.

On your question about "too much": Well, I think a bit outside the box. For me (+120 stam/hr) that works out to close to 150k a year. Everything else in my head is an "assumption". I don't like the implications.

Regardless, what I thought about this poll was simply that everyone would vote for it. Heck, who wouldn't be hip to getting more stam for free? I don't think that's a solution and I think yg's suggestion is more in line with a wiser business decision on HCS' part.

All that said.... how about this as a possible alternative?

What if HCS offered the alternative during unannounced double XP events of choosing between double XP OR double stam gain? The wacky idea would be that a player logging in once the event has started chooses between getting either double XP or double stam gain for the entire duration of the event. 

Just a random thought...

keep in mind this was suggested to me to forum post this, it may be fun or in some applications, applicable with some modding but the poll imo is just for fun, if it ever was implemented though, at least id get an 'attaboy' :D

your random thought was excellent as was your mathematical reference to my position :)

isnt that plucking figs to be that picky over 'care' and 'mind' though, any fool can relate :P

rest i will just take a beating as its still hazey as i work my way into full steam awake world :)

edit: #28, its not too overly dramatized to think out of the box? i mean its like have epics equipped for 2ish extra days once a week ;) *couldnt let it slide* :P

Edited by Undjuvion, 14 September 2015 - 14:47.

#30 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:03

isnt that plucking figs to be that picky over 'care' and 'mind' though, any fool can relate :P

For sure... *scrolls up*... hey, you used "don't care", lmao. Actually, my English finally came back. The correct polling option would be "No opinion". 

More important to me is the addition of "not sure". That is nit-picky, I admit. 

I applauded the addition of "Don't mind" to the HCS' polls. I long argued the necessity of streamlining. Even so, people are constantly complaining and/or trying to interpret the data. For me, "don't mind" does not add to either the yes or the no. 

edit: #28, its not too overly dramatized to think out of the box? i mean its like have epics equipped for 2ish extra days once a week  ;) *couldnt let it slide*  :P

I don't want to derail the topic with those "assumptions in my head". 

To the point: the difference between an Epic and free stam, is that the Epics require work or purchasing power.

#31 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:10

For sure... *scrolls up*... hey, you used "don't care", lmao. Actually, my English finally came back. The correct polling option would be "No opinion". 

More important to me is the addition of "not sure". That is nit-picky, I admit. 

I applauded the addition of "Don't mind" to the HCS' polls. I long argued the necessity of streamlining. Even so, people are constantly complaining and/or trying to interpret the data. For me, "don't mind" does not add to either the yes or the no. 

I don't want to derail the topic with those "assumptions in my head". 

To the point: the difference between an Epic and free stam, is that the Epics require work or purchasing power.

cool, im nit picky with food, i wont derail either, u just wanted to test the water so to speak which is fine, not the wrong way to test MIND you, hugs egami better and skips off to lay smackdown on sharks and crocodiles and any brave gladiators looking for gas moeny while i sleep :P

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:39

Without a major change to how the code work's this wouldn't really be viable to do. However I did have another thought. In a similar way to how the Flash Sales work, we could look at maybe having mini-events that happen more frequently - for example +5% XP for 24 hours etc.

#33 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:48

Without a major change to how the code work's this wouldn't really be viable to do. However I did have another thought. In a similar way to how the Flash Sales work, we could look at maybe having mini-events that happen more frequently - for example +5% XP for 24 hours etc.

ty for reply hoof, mini events are fun, some flash sales may not be as popular but some will be HUGE!

edit: read that too quick ... +5% xp for 24 hours is quite cool indeed ;)

Edited by Undjuvion, 14 September 2015 - 15:49.

#34 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:52

ty for reply hoof, mini events are fun, some flash sales may not be as popular but some will be HUGE!

edit: read that too quick ... +5% xp for 24 hours is quite cool indeed ;)

Aye - it could be totally random things too - like 5% chance not to use stamina when moving, +x% gold from creatures - all mini events that last 24 hours that we run randomly :)

#35 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:55

Aye - it could be totally random things too - like 5% chance not to use stamina when moving, +x% gold from creatures - all mini events that last 24 hours that we run randomly :)

this is precisely why i dont need to input my ideas, those flash sales, forget players name were a good idea and with your incorporations it can be quite a hit, kudos!

#36 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2015 - 16:03

What about rewarding players for logging in for X amount of days in a row? Could work similar to the original idea here but wouldn't require so much coding. For example, if you log in 7 days in a row, you're rewarded with 1,000 reserve stamina (or current stam, whichever is handiest). Log in 30 days in a row and you're rewarded with 2,500 reserve stamina (could be quite a bit, but I'm only suggesting). Personally I don't see any down-sides to this. After all, we really do need more activity in the game.

Also, I know it's been suggested many a time and I can't find the thread, but the idea of mini daily quests like 'kill 50 undead creatures' or 'kill 2 super elites' etc for a mini reward... Now that would be very cool :)

#37 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 16:13

Without thinking too much, I really like the general idea. Pay an "x" price and get the flash sale bonus within the time frame for X amount of time. 

I like the mini-XP gain idea.

I like the x% not using stam on moving, though not too sure how that would work with similar things like LF and Gold Foot. Maybe an "increase" to those buffs?

The +x% gold from mobs, I'd be 100% against. 

But the idea is great. Adds some excitement from the randomness. (o0

#38 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 19:24

Without thinking too much, I really like the general idea. Pay an "x" price and get the flash sale bonus within the time frame for X amount of time.

I wasn't thinking it would be something people would pay for - just a cool mini-event bonus that would give people a reason to login for :)

#39 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 19:40

hahaha, someone voted its not fun, u are awesome whoever voted that :P

#40 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 19:41

HOOF, thank you so much for your input on this...i LOVE the way the train of thought is going.....i have been excited to see the two FLASH sales....(upped my BP for sure) BUT what it really is showing ALL of us is that HCS is taking the time and effort to motivate game play.  As you know, many of us log on because we have become family with each other here in FS world....LOL but to see little percs every so often, Aside from GLOBALs, is great!  love how you are thinking of doing something for stam...which is even holier than the FSP....LOL!  than you...and a Shout out to JUVI for starting this thread!  i of course voted yes "all weekend long"......LOL was there any other choice??  xoxoxoxo great job!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: