Photo

PVP Ladder Change?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: PVP Ladder Change? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Make it similar to arena such as no xp loss, gold loss, or bounties, but gear durability still applicable?

1. Yes (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. No (24 votes [92.31%])

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 14:39

as for 'crews' i find more the merrier! although when your crew is as good a badpenny there you dont get a look in at top spot! :D

I think i was not clear on my point. yes, the more players on a ladder the funner it can be.  If the point is to get more players playing the ladder then stacking a ladder with 1 crew does not encourage players from other crews to join. It is just a means to abuse the ladder as it was used in the arena.  Or am I to understand the point is not to get more players to play the ladder but to just have PvP players on it?

I can only speak for myself but i enjoyed ladders with players from multiple crews... joining and fighting just one is not the same ...

#22 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 17:33

Removing the opt-in would make the ladder alot more active. Then people wouldn't complain about getting bountied and such.

#23 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 17:34

I dont play the ladder that much... did not know they (inactives) stayed on the list, I thought they dropped off. Good to know information, thanks

they do eventually but for a period of time they just sit there *shrugs* there was one on my ladder last round showing as 1000 points..i couldnt take pvp ponts from him even tho i took xp..

now today he seems to have dropped off it :)

#24 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 17:36

I think i was not clear on my point. yes, the more players on a ladder the funner it can be.  If the point is to get more players playing the ladder then stacking a ladder with 1 crew does not encourage players from other crews to join. It is just a means to abuse the ladder as it was used in the arena.  Or am I to understand the point is not to get more players to play the ladder but to just have PvP players on it?

I can only speak for myself but i enjoyed ladders with players from multiple crews... joining and fighting just one is not the same ...

agreed, must be balanced :)

#25 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 18:13

they do eventually but for a period of time they just sit there *shrugs* there was one on my ladder last round showing as 1000 points..i couldnt take pvp ponts from him even tho i took xp..

now today he seems to have dropped off it :)

The period is 7 days.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 September 2014 - 18:58

Just to clear things up Justinian,  you don't *drop* off the ladder, you have to opt out...  And with inactives that once opted in, it serves to make a dead ladder for some...

The ladder system has been broken since its fruition, and needs to go back to the way it was originally, with PvP points being traded for each battle... As things stand now, I have my dominance medal now, and won't play the ladder again till it is fixed and works in a more logical way... Better rewards may help, too.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 19:14

Just to clear things up Justinian,  you don't *drop* off the ladder, you have to opt out...  And with inactives that once opted in, it serves to make a dead ladder for some...

Penny, I'm sorry. But after 7 days of not logging in a player does drop out of being on the ladder. It's to the hour and minute I believe. The 7 day inactive player disappears from the ladder entirely, no tokens, nothing for that Ladder round. It's like a fail safe - after7 day - PvP Protection for free.

Edited by sweetlou, 02 September 2014 - 19:15.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#28 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 19:57

still wanna know why this 'glitch' happens and if anyone else has experienced it ~  look at suntzuwolf on previous ladder 450 - 499..i hit him last ladder and took only xp..

Edited by cleardawn, 02 September 2014 - 19:59.

#29 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 21:40

still wanna know why this 'glitch' happens and if anyone else has experienced it ~  look at suntzuwolf on previous ladder 450 - 499..i hit him last ladder and took only xp..

You hit that player after they were inactive more then 7 days. Last Activity: 8 days, 1 hours, 34 mins, 42 secs. When you do it only takes xp. Looks like I was wrong about the inactive more then 7 days automatically being opted out like if they used PvP protection, but they still aren't targets for PvP points any longer. I wonder if they can bounty you? hmmm

[Signature removed]

#30 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:09

Do 7 day in actives gain tokens??.. I still gained tokens while suspended lol these no swing tokens need to end.. Its gone on for far too long

#31 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 21:44

I agree with many of those posted that bounty board and pvp needs to be fixed. I really missed the way it was when all were a target it made the game active.  Though we have the opt out rule now and those that do not want to pvp that is way to go.  Those that like to play should have some options one is to have bounty board functioning better. I know I have seen days with nobody on there.  Not all players do pvp on bounty board.  The question is how to move forward for a better game.  

I agree having many groups active in pvp and bb helps.  No risk is gvg and arena playing. I do agree xp and points setup should be used.  Pvp should not be gold stealing that is different option all together.  In my opinion and the way I survived playing fs was losing my xp.  I have lost many levels on the bb in my lower levels.  Those that know me I used to be a frequent flyer on bb lol.  I think if you take risk of hitting you should get the risk of losing or be rewarded in pvp.   I am not sure if there are players that remember of more than 5 levels lost on bb way back when.  I can say it was a fight to maintain xp and your pvp status.  ;)  Oh yeah before medals too giggles.  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: