Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#21 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:08

pvp protection should stay if you dont like to pvp then you should have the right to at least buy the opt out. if you remove it all you will find is ppl constantly 100 stam smacked for what ever reason with no way for some to protect themselfs. and please dont say smack back as it doesnt work nor does getting your guild to take 5 unless there in a pvp guild because after ur team mates starting losing levels too trying to protect you it isnt fair on them

Deflect, pvp buffs, decent gear, don't hold tons of gold, xp lock - Just to name a few. :roll:

#22 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:10

Lets go back to the roots of the game and scrap pvp protection, leave it for newer players of course. However if the majority decides to keep it, reduce the gold protection to 0. Pvp protection is meant to keep your xp not your gold. If you dont like getting your gold taken dont carry alot.

#23 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:11

pvp protection should stay if you dont like to pvp then you should have the right to at least buy the opt out. if you remove it all you will find is ppl constantly 100 stam smacked for what ever reason with no way for some to protect themselfs. and please dont say smack back as it doesnt work nor does getting your guild to take 5 unless there in a pvp guild because after ur team mates starting losing levels too trying to protect you it isnt fair on them

How about remove pvping from the game then? it has never been fair for the pvper ... and probably never will be. Favortism has always gone to levelers. I say this as a player who does both ... fyi.

Hoof said about 2 years ago that pvp protection would never exist and dismissed the idea. Then he "flip flopped" on it to appease a certain group of people. Personally, I felt it was to raise more FSP for them ... and still do. had nothing to do with balancing the game.

#24 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:11

Remember Hoof, this game is a pvp game just like u said :)

PvP is the only aspect of the game where you can be dragged into unwillingly .. but, my vote is to keep the protection, but lower the gold protection amount.

That "SHOULD" be a happy compromise between pvp'rs and levellers, but we'll see :)

what about gvg? playing devils advocate a bit, : P. Why does everyone feel "WRONGED" if they get hit in pvp. hit back, bounty, or shut up. 3 good options in my honest opinion.

If you want to be technical, GvG is PvP on a guild basis without the gold / xp loss - so, still PvP in essence.

And why do some people feel wronged ? - maybe because not everyone enjoys that aspect of the game ? - it's not just about one bunch of players ya know. FS is a diverse game and we all have to learn to get along in it.

Lowering the gold amount gives you many more targets, even on those with protection, and that, along with MT rates, is what the PvP community wanted, isn't it ? - wanting NO protection for ANY player will be detrimental to the game.

#25 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:14

Deflect, pvp buffs, decent gear, don't hold tons of gold, xp lock - Just to name a few. :roll:

does deflect last for 12 hrs plus? gear makes no difference what so ever as all can be beaten,gold makes no difference if i am hit for gold then its one of them i am on about the times and it does happen someone decides they want to constantly smack you just for kicks. xp lock will work if you do it just after leveling but some ppl wait weeks cause of content to lvl they can levels just from waiting are they ment to xp lock daily?

#26 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Many players who use the forums are PvP people. I hope since this was broadcast to everyone's mailbox, this poll isn't one sided.

#27 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Well I feel the notion "I don't pvp ... please respect it" mentality has ruined this game. until that mentality is removed .. not sure we are going to find middle ground. Bounty board, hitting back, deflecting up, etc are all ways to deal with pvping.

#28 fs_slakrking

fs_slakrking
  • Guests

Keep it just for noobs

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:15

If pvp protection isn't taken out AT LEAST make it cost $$$ because if ANYONE should have it it should be the actual contributors because they fuel the game and should be able to play close to how they want.This would make it uncommon enough. in-game currency shouldn't be used to take a piece of the game out?

#30 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:15

I voted to remove it, but I would like to see a (perhaps drastic) reduction in the cost of the XP lock upgrade. Perhaps down to 2-3 FSP so it becomes practical to XP lock after every hunt for those really afraid to lose XP via PvP.

PvP protection can be paid for (and usually profited from) using the marketplace to buy gold at high prices and sell it later at low prices. It takes a bit of time, but I think the game can do without it. I did the 24 hours of PvP protection one time and was able to make my investment back and more via marketplace buying/selling. That can't be good for the game.

#31 Dillan2332

Dillan2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:16

put old bounty board system back! please, and also add a free for all pvp like it use to be in the old days where u could attack anyone in ur level range by just clickin on "Attack Player"

#32 hawkbomber

hawkbomber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:17

hoof as a cash donation player if it is remove i will in fact leave the game i am not one who likes the pvp part of the game and it should not be forced on me i am more then fine paying the fsp for the protection so its up to you if its removed u will in fact lose yet another major donation player from the game the game is dieing as it is with all this changes and the pvp area of the game is why people have left the game..

#33 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:17

Many players who use the forums are PvP people. I hope since this was broadcast to everyone's mailbox, this poll isn't one sided.

based on what? the last 2-3 updates have been all in favor of one group of players. can you prove otherwise?

#34 Wolfdog5

Wolfdog5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:18

I wouldn't completely remove it. But I would agree some change needs to be done. This is only contributing to the excessive gold in game.

Suggestions:

◘ Increase the cost each time protection is bought (like skill resets)

◘ While time left on protection decreases so does the amount of protected gold

◘ Make it so you have a waiting period before you can buy protection again once bought

#35 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:20

what about gvg? playing devils advocate a bit, : P. Why does everyone feel "WRONGED" if they get hit in pvp. hit back, bounty, or shut up. 3 good options in my honest opinion.

Why do PvPers feel WRONGED when they can't take a few months' worth of other player's XP and all of their gold in one hit? Go bother people who like losing all that instead, definitely a good option in my opinion. :roll: And why do some PvPers feel wronged when they get bountied? Don't want a bounty on ya? Then don't attack other players. Pretty simple.

Personally, I don't care so much about the gold. I just hate losing levels because a player I've never interacted with felt like he/she had to thump their tiny chest to prove how *1337* they are. Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few PvPers I get along with just fine in the game. Then again, there's a very active minority who use PvP as nothing but a way to annoy other players. I know I'm not overly impressed with a player's ability to spam their attack button, and I'm not about to fall down and worship at their feet either, much to the upset of those particular PvP-types.

Personally, I'd be happy if the cost of protection came down to the point where I could actually afford it and in return, only protected XP (initial AND gained during the time that the protection was on) and not gold.

#36 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

does deflect last for 12 hrs plus? gear makes no difference what so ever as all can be beaten,gold makes no difference if i am hit for gold then its one of them i am on about the times and it does happen someone decides they want to constantly smack you just for kicks. xp lock will work if you do it just after leveling but some ppl wait weeks cause of content to lvl they can levels just from waiting are they ment to xp lock daily?

With just extend+100%sustain deflect lasts 960min=16hrs.
Gear does make a difference.
The amount of gold you are carrying does make a difference.
Xp lock worked for years, what changed?

#37 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Why don't we get the option to opt out for free??? Oh yeah, 'cause so many people would opt out PvP really WOULD be dead. As it is it's 90% hitting people that don't want to be hit, and aren't likely to "enjoy" the process...

#38 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

hoof as a cash donation player if it is remove i will in fact leave the game i am not one who likes the pvp part of the game and it should not be forced on me i am more then fine paying the fsp for the protection so its up to you if its removed u will in fact lose yet another major donation player from the game the game is dieing as it is with all this changes and the pvp area of the game is why people have left the game..

So am i?just because a few people don't like it shouldn't mean it shouldn't be there?its part of the game.

#39 mizer35

mizer35

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Either 1 or 2 would be best for the game, because right now PvP is a limited aspect which usually isn't enjoyed without fights and controversies amongst players.

#40 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Not this again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: