#21 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 20:47

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm more than happy to amass more Allegiance Tokens in the hope that something new eventually appears.

Me? I'm more than happy for the free UB 190s, the effortless LF pots that are much higher than composing... but to each their own. 

#22 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 20:48

i look forward to seeing what the new rewards may bring

Agreed. Nothing to see here until tomorrow. I had noticed a more equitable reward the last couple days, but with the same dumb 4 quest requirements: walk x spaces, hit x players, enter x Arenas, and the most common; kill x mobs y times. Duh. It has been the most unimpressive pandering update ever. Call me an old game grump but I expect way more.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#23 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 23:08

Sorry but useful for what exactly? We get 5 a day for simply logging in...

Davros,

Unitl I levelled far enough in composing, I was constantly buying loaytly AL180 and DBLR 1200 for my hunts. I still maintain that they are two very useful loyalty potions. I would have had to have enough stam to hunt just once per month for the 5 tokens per day to supply those hunts (perhaps every 2-3 weeks given the GE pots provide high level versions of these too). I think I played for 7 years before I was able to hunt once a fortnight.

It is important to remember that *many* in the game do not live within well developed guilds that are full of high level players.

#24 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 23:27

I'm slowly working toward the chest medals, I don't have the tokens to do anything above the bronze chest.  I used them when I first started to play then had to stop and use gold instead.

I have just recently passed the 2k count on them.  I'm glad some people have enough of them, but I do not and am always happy to see them for my daily.

I like the tokens,  the max stam, reserve stam and even current stam if I can combine it when I level.

Edited by Pythia, 12 October 2016 - 23:28.

#25 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 00:22

3 pvp wins 550 current Stam :)

#26 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 00:23

couldnt resist  .... sorry hoof =) 

Sfgi.gif

ps I think this has spread world wide now ... muwawawawa =) :)

#27 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 00:30

not connected to this update well in a way it is ...i havent had the shard notification for well over a year it disappeared after some update eons ago well when this update popped up so did the shard box just a coincidence??

#28 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2016 - 00:36

Kill 4 SE for 700 Current Stamina! Sounds good in my books!

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#29 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 00:39

Seeing the shard notice made me as happy as a max stam daily. lol

Both are most welcome.

Edited by Pythia, 13 October 2016 - 00:40.

#30 Foggafilly

Foggafilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:48

550 current stamina for walking 300 tiles. That is an effective way to get me to go find a quest that requires a lot of wandering.

If this is the new normal for daily quest rewards you might just have found a way to get me to explore more of your game, depending on what tomorrows update brings.

Thank you.

#31 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:56

I think this is tomorrow. It's after 00:00 server time.

OMG! I really mean it, Wow! Kill 200 Plant monsters for 550 Reserve Stamina. Where have these DQs been? Don't know if this is good or bad for the game, but...

I will burn stam for that Reward. This time anyway. Still have to add my traveling up :P

#32 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:09

Defeat 4 players in pvp for 600 current stam.

Happy camper here.

#33 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:38

Proposal.... Why not have FSP shards as rewards, not as much for say an fsp, but like a few dozen, as some players (not me, I have many fs reward offers being in the us) haven't had those for years. Imo giving a BP slot once in a while randomly is something that will ensure people are on more often, if for no other reason to see if they can jump at the chance at getting the boost of a BP slot. Hell, I'd do the daily quests if it meant that or a decent parcel of max stam/reserve stam. 

I apologize if I'm coming across as an ass guys. Just how I feel on this, and I really like the update changes on dailies....now if we could accelerate low level content....

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#34 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:59

Did anyone else notice that the counter is updating in real time? That's really useful, thanks for that.

edit: my bad, just walking tiles ones

Edited by PointyHair, 15 October 2016 - 11:55.

#35 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:04

Hi all,

We've just re-balanced the current Daily Quest rewards in preparation for tomorrow's update which will add some new Daily Quest types and rewards.

Note that we have removed gold as a Daily Quest reward as we feel there are better rewards that could be used for it, such as gaining additional inventory (backpack) slots!

Important: The rewards for your CURRENT daily quest will not have changed - the updated rewards will only take effect when you receive your next Daily Quest.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

I thought the ‘+current stamina’ and ‘+allegiance token’ rewards are the less desirable ones based on player’s feedback. The few times I had the ‘+gold’ reward I actually just use them to bought the ‘+1 Max Stamina/25000 gold’ upgrade, tongue.png

It's nice for us players to be given Inventory (backpack) slots or even +1 Max Allies say as possible reward for daily quest. After all, the current/max stamina sort of already available in the gold upgrade each day.

But given deeper thought any upgrades that have cap, quite many of them in fact (include ‘hourly stamina gain’ I’m sure many desireslaugh.png) could have potential issue. Given that the daily quest would be ongoing part of the game, would they become un-caped? or if there is limit, but then once limit reached, player would be prevented from getting that type of reward as dairy quest, some loss of randomness...

edit

One sort of upgrade reward I had in my mind that could be really helpful to players (maybe the biggest issue is very tricky to do the coding?): Player get 1 Lvl-up point to redistribute as the reward. Since one advice often given to new players is put all their Lvl-up Pts in damage, but players under Lvl100 now get experiences from PvE doubled, I would not be surprised that new players actually have greater chance of not putting enough Lvl-up points into damage. Therefore this type of reward would help.

Edited by andyvince, 13 October 2016 - 10:33.

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:47

Did anyone else notice that the counter is updating in real time? That's really useful, thanks for that.

It used to, when they first started, but yes, it's SO nice that it's working again :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#37 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:59

Nope. As Egami quite rightly points out, Loyalty Tokens are perfectly useful to some players.

Allegiance tokens are the worst rewards. My heart sinks everytime I login and see it, then I decide not to even bother doing the daily quest. Especially those quests that ask me to travel 400 tiles or kill X Super Elites. I'd rather interact with an NPC that would take my 400 current stamina in exchange for the allegiance tokens and a Daily Quest medal tick.

#38 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:36

yes! Awesome

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:46

Allegiance tokens are the worst rewards.

For you. Not for everyone.

#40 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 14:29

one big step in the right direction- all rewards are now very good..alleg tokens are quite welcome by me..for those that find lots of chests..those keys are very important..reserve stam..awesome..big current stam..very good..have not seen the other types of rewards or quests.. but seems a great improvement has happened... this will help the game..get daily events (competitions) going and more steps in the right direction will happen...great work cows..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: