#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:07

Composing and Travelling Composers is not the topic here. Please stay on topic.

#22 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:19

id like to see the entrench changed to something like dispel curse or something really fun like fumble which isnt available till 3000 :)

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:21

Costs dropped on the 20 token potions.

We won't change any potions buffs but there's nothing stopping us adding a few more potions next week!

#24 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:21

There's still not much on the Ladder rewards that makes me want to play.  -_-

exactly my thoughts, "minor" pots are released that can be gotten elsewere much quicker & higher + even higher skill !!!

I seriously doubt that this pots will drive activity to the PvP ladder, at least not for me & the friends I have talked to :(

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#25 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:39

id like to see the entrench changed to something like dispel curse or something really fun like fumble which isnt available till 3000 :)

Ugh, a more powerful luck buff is not needed!

Some brand new skills would be wonderful if the devs could muster the creativeness :o

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#26 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:48

It's not "indignation" it's based off of feedback which seemed quite popular. You want stuff for profit, get the less powerful stuff but for personal use, get the better stuff. Global events have bound items too don't forget.

hun, can you please explain why you rewarded the season participants with 12 EPIC potions + PvP prestige pot + other items BUT refuse to put same equivalent rewards on the PvP ladder too?

the reasoning that the season lasts longer than the PvP ladder does not count because you could just increase (adjust) the token prices & would easily solve it !!!

the reasoning that the season uses more stamina than the PvP ladder does not count because those who have played the PvP ladder know that you would need a lot to keep competing !!! I played the 800-899 PvP band for 1,5+ years and NEVER reached max stam, even had to skip 2 xp events & when I wanted to hunt I had to buy stamina !!!

still do not believe it then grim OPT-INTO the PvP ladder for a week and participate, then you can see for yourself how many resources (stamina, ....), how many tokens & much XP you will lose in 1 week playing the PvP ladder

I fear that you are greatly underestimating the PvP ladder (resources, token rewards, xp loss, time, ...) !!!

when you released the 12 EPIC potion rewards for the season you had no plan to revert back to the PvP ladder (that came later) !!! that means that if the season stayed you would have given 12 EPIC potions + PvP prestige pot + other items every 3 weeks to crystalline league (NOT counting prices for titan league or the other leagues) !!!

you rewarded the season with AWESOME rewards & successfully draw activity

if your problem was that the EPIC potions from the PvP ladder would be sold then just make them BOUND like you did for the season, problem solved !!

I really hope the NEW sets you are about to release will be worth competing for, not like the potions mellow.png

Edited by mary4ever, 04 September 2015 - 16:49.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#27 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 17:02

Ugh, a more powerful luck buff is not needed!

Some brand new skills would be wonderful if the devs could muster the creativeness :o

lol at the ugh, i know what u mean, what i intended as meaning was like mary said, buffs that are more unique and not elsewhere powerful, eg u can get entrench via arena/scavenging/composing, what u mean in new ideas with some creativeness is just as cool though :)

edit: i also find luck buffs fun sometimes, id go as far as to say if luck buffs are so hated then u gain 5/10% less rating transfer if u have any active :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 04 September 2015 - 17:10.

#28 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 17:16

still do not believe it then grim OPT-INTO the PvP ladder for a week and participate, then you can see for yourself how many resources (stamina, ....), how many tokens & much XP you will lose in 1 week playing the PvP ladder

I fear that you are greatly underestimating the PvP ladder (resources, token rewards, xp loss, time, ...) !!!

Make sure the reward is something players would want, then opt-in and find out how long it takes and what resources are needed to compete and then tell us that a few more over powered pots with skills we already can achieve is enough to incentivize players to play. It's not.

The devs need to actually do some developing on this one IMO, LMAO. We are fairly seasoned, pun intended, players at this stage of the game who need a challenge that is worth it. The Seasons PvP was pretty good with some exceptions like the stam cost and automatic punishment but it would never last as a viable aspect of everyday play. Leave it as a PvP global and players will still enjoy it. Our day to day Ladder needs something that leaves players with more than having to dedicate every single resource we gain toward playing the Ladder.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#29 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 17:25

it is true BG, i tried some composing pots and its consuming 100's of LE frags almost hourly, LE frags seem to be taking the biggest hit via my stash, they are hard to replace, over the long run maybe composed pots wont be so heavily used, i dont know.

edit: not to bring composing into this again, purely to show the dynamic of resource consumption, i farm globals and global critters plus occassional open frag stashes from realm chests, i make pots for guild obv but this is how LE looks after what i do so u can see resources can come crumbling ... common 92,428, rare 176,766, unique 50,041, LE 4,210, crystal 15,837, SE 9,221 :)

edit: how about some small frag stashes as rewards, pref LE :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 04 September 2015 - 17:39.

#30 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 17:32

Why not add bound epic potions (or chests) much like from seasons. Maybe not quite as strong but with very high durations. Put a 50-100 token price tag on them... Eat away at everyone's tokens and make them thirsty for more.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#31 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 18:30

To a certain extent all of these topics are related. Part of the shortsightedness is viewing topics individually and not how they are interconnect and have impacts on all parts of the game. My comment was at least constructive feedback if not exactly on topic of new content, it certainly relates to the aspect of in game potions and how they affect players and guilds.

Edited by BigGrim, 07 September 2015 - 08:26.
No flaming please.

#32 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 18:36

I would like to see a brew master potion in there. Weaker than arena of course. Maybe 200 or 225? Price 2-5 tokens

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#33 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 18:41

To a certain extent all of these topics are related. Part of the shortsightedness is viewing topics individually and not how they are interconnect and have impacts on all parts of the game. My comment was at least constructive feedback if not exactly on topic of new content, it certainly relates to the aspect of in game potions and how they affect players and guilds.

hmmm, what can i comment on in this thread to hide my mention of how your attitude rocks at times spider, always inspired by the 'i will not lay down and surrender mindset' hmmm, another quote maybe...

I would like to see a brew master potion in there. Weaker than arena of course. Maybe 200 or 225? Price 2-5 tokens

this will come across negative but if you look at arena shop its a conglomerated mess of lots of "stuff"... doing same with ladder rewards page will make it unsightly also, should keep that in mind :D :P

#34 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 19:23

edit: i also find luck buffs fun sometimes, id go as far as to say if luck buffs are so hated then u gain 5/10% less rating transfer if u have any active :)

The most atrocious luck buffs in the game like Dispel Curse(35% chance) certainly Deflect(43.75% chance) simply have an activation rate WAY too high. I've often asked for their retirement but will acknowledge there is a place in the game as long as they don't overwhelm the player's time to play. It gives a player who has no chance in combat, a semblance of power to delay the inevitable. For example when leveling took so long without doubler compared to the size of most players' stam banks the development allowed for larger and larger doublers so players wouldn't be dependent on spending so much time with a repetitive task like leveling. The luck buffs, in the case of deflect and dispel curse, similarly and unnecessarily add to how long it takes to play the game without any added skill beyond casting the buff. It's beyond aggravating and the rates of activation can certainly be reduced without harm to the game.

[Signature removed]

#35 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 19:29

For potions on pvp ladder "store" it would make sense to at least be possible to able to buy 1 potion with pvp buff with the token you got on previous reset to be used once within current ladder.

Also the level range on it could be reworked: https://forums.hunte...e-5#entry945948

Edited by Kbyte, 04 September 2015 - 19:36.

#36 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 20:45

hun, can you please explain why you rewarded the season participants with 12 EPIC potions + PvP prestige pot + other items BUT refuse to put same equivalent rewards on the PvP ladder too?

the reasoning that the season lasts longer than the PvP ladder does not count because you could just increase (adjust) the token prices & would easily solve it !!!
the reasoning that the season uses more stamina than the PvP ladder does not count because those who have played the PvP ladder know that you would need a lot to keep competing !!! I played the 800-899 PvP band for 1,5+ years and NEVER reached max stam, even had to skip 2 xp events & when I wanted to hunt I had to buy stamina !!!

when you released the 12 EPIC potion rewards for the season you had no plan to revert back to the PvP ladder (that came later) !!! that means that if the season stayed you would have given 12 EPIC potions + PvP prestige pot + other items every 3 weeks to crystalline league (NOT counting prices for titan league or the other leagues) !!!

you rewarded the season with AWESOME rewards & successfully draw activity

if your problem was that the EPIC potions from the PvP ladder would be sold then just make them BOUND like you did for the season, problem solved !!

I really hope the NEW sets you are about to release will be worth competing for, not like the potions mellow.png

Well said here!!! Not trying to discourage the devs but I can't see myself benefitting by anyway from the potions you added, I am a ladder player and they don't attract me by anyway, the ladder rewards are still useless to me, its like you didn't add any new rewards, I really dislike potion rewards but if you need to add any then give us EPIC CHESTS, like you did for seasons and you will see levellers rushing to the ladder before PvPers to get EPIC CHESTS for their hunts, but these simple small potions are 100% worthless to me, eben the prestige pot, the only pot I may cobsider is the cloak pot and I still will rarely buy it, add epic chests to get activity, are you telling me that seasons would have had any activity if it wasn't for the Epic rewards ? Also be fast on making recipes for items to invent by these things you gave us from seasons cuz they are just taking space on BP and I fear that you won't give us any jtems to invent except in a couple of years, also the ladder is like 24-48 hours and you are giving us 30 and 60 min. Pots ? Are you serious ? With all do respect to the devs but I think you guys are joking with those ladder rewards and if you think you are bringing back activity by this then you are wrong. THANKS

clock96.gif

#37 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 21:00

Way too many pots/buffs in the game already, needs to be something new imo. 

Edited by DARKELITE1, 04 September 2015 - 21:08.

#38 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 21:10

The most atrocious luck buffs in the game like Dispel Curse(35% chance) certainly Deflect(43.75% chance) simply have an activation rate WAY too high. I've often asked for their retirement but will acknowledge there is a place in the game as long as they don't overwhelm the player's time to play. It gives a player who has no chance in combat, a semblance of power to delay the inevitable. For example when leveling took so long without doubler compared to the size of most players' stam banks the development allowed for larger and larger doublers so players wouldn't be dependent on spending so much time with a repetitive task like leveling. The luck buffs, in the case of deflect and dispel curse, similarly and unnecessarily add to how long it takes to play the game without any added skill beyond casting the buff. It's beyond aggravating and the rates of activation can certainly be reduced without harm to the game.

i think you wont find anyone within seriousness who can believably say deflect is at a good percentage, the more u speak on the overall effect dispel curse has at that percent i guess i have to say fair call, i still more meant to get other than rehashes from other areas of the games already done potions, ty for deconstructing the lack on thought and layout in my initial post :)

#39 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 21:13

PvP is pure luck 80% of the time now...It sucks

#40 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 21:18

PvP is pure luck 80% of the time now...It sucks

Not necesserily the case but its understandable why you think that. These overpowered pots that keep on being churned out have watered it down quite a bit. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: