Photo

Upcoming additions.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total? (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total?

1. Voted Yes! (280 votes [65.42%])

Percentage of vote: 65.42%

2. Voted No! (148 votes [34.58%])

Percentage of vote: 34.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:38

Doubler kills should count. We might want to limit it to the buffs you can cast or buy with gold coins. (So no loyalty doublers) just to make it fair. Costs of doubler went down a bit, so everyone can afford to use doubler. So its not an money issue... Even with only a doubler 150 things would be speeding up and we no longer have the issue that people with fast connections can corner the market :)

#22 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:39

Kills made with a doubler will leave more creatures for others to kill -- +1 for doubler kills :)

#23 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:40

I don't think doubler should count at all, it will than become only who has the most stam and not determination. A player with 50k stam using a 1200 doubler would blow everyone else away, a player with 2k stam would have no chance whereas currently if they log on enough and fight it out they do.

it is a competition for the top spot, you want it, kill them 1 at a time not with huge doublers.

I see where you are coming from but you are thinking about this wrong. This is a community event, not a competition. the top 100 donaters are an addition "thank you" from the community to the people who helped make their reward happen. Personally I dont think this should be an award because it adds inter-community competition on an event that should be about working together (not against)

I think the award should be about who has the most staminna to donate to the cause (in game stats) vs who has the most amount of free time (out of game factor) multiplied by the amount of stamina they have to spend (ingame factor)

An in-game award should be about in game credentials. Wither you bought them with a credit card or worked hard making wealth.

I think the only people voting no are voting no because of this award. Remove the award and allow doubler to make everyone happy (and yes, I placed in the top 100 in every event and I vote to get rid of the medal)

It is a global community event, anything that exists to make it a competition against each other is wrong. A simple "kill summary" page that can be coded really easily per event (select event on a drop down and then will display everyones kills) allows the "spirit of competition" to get friends to urge each other to do more... but gives you nothing other then bragging rights if you manage to get more kills then your friend... there is no special bio award that people covet.

#24 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:40

I don't think doubler should count at all, it will than become only who has the most stam and not determination. A player with 50k stam using a 1200 doubler would blow everyone else away, a player with 2k stam would have no chance whereas currently if they log on enough and fight it out they do.

it is a competition for the top spot, you want it, kill them 1 at a time not with huge doublers.

i couldnt care about a medal or what ranking i got all i care about is the rewards the more we kill the more we get thats the whole point isnt it..hell make it anyone using doubler doesnt get ranked i dont care will still burn my stam for the reward at the end ..by all means the ppl voting no please do you thousands of 1 kills if its like the last event i will do the min i am required too and let you do the rest so you can have ur number 1 spot lol

#25 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:42

love the idea of using doubler look at my stam i hate doing the global events cause they lag to hell and take forever if i can do more using doubler i would be inclined to do it.. and anyone saying no to this is a idiot because m,e using loads of my stam benefits you also as its global kills .. so anything that increases that has to be a good thing we all benefit

Feedback appreciated but there is no reason to insult players who disagree with you.

actually grim i wasnt insulting anyone as no one had posted when i started writing ..

#26 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:43

guess i'm the idiot :oops: ...*thumbs down to doubler*

#27 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:43

actually grim i wasnt insulting anyone as no one had posted when i started writing ..

Actually, you still said anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. So. Knock it off.

#28 whobob

whobob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:45

Re doubler....
If it were only a matter of the number of kills contributing to the community total the I wouldn't care either way. But with people trying to get medals, I don't believe doubler should have an effect on the players total (top 100).

#29 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:46

lol nah just misgudied guess i will just use the min stam required wont bother me either way i will just get bored and stop where as using doubler i could of tried to carry on

#30 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:47

Doubler kills should count. We might want to limit it to the buffs you can cast or buy with gold coins. (So no loyalty doublers) just to make it fair. Costs of doubler went down a bit, so everyone can afford to use doubler. So its not an money issue... Even with only a doubler 150 things would be speeding up and we no longer have the issue that people with fast connections can corner the market :)

I don't think it should be limited, these loyality is hard earned even by credit card or hard work in-game. It will help us all in the end :P I voted HELL YES!

#31 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:48

I believe doubler kills should not be added in global event.

#32 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:48

If doublers count with the kills, then the required kills need to be increased to qualify and for each tier.

The problem with that is that to raise the minimum to what a doubler would achieve and still make it somewhat of a "quest" community-wide, the lower tier players without a high maximum stamina may get discluded for even reaching the necessary requirements.

#33 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:50

lol nah just misgudied guess i will just use the min stam required wont bother me either way i will just get bored and stop where as using doubler i could of tried to carry on

if you don't want to help out the community, then i guess thats your choice....

i really liked the idea of doubler not working within global quests. this way it actually shows how much the players are willing to kill. please don't muck this up by adding in multipliers. if we are to spill blood, it shall be ONE by ONE!!! /rawr

#34 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:53

Correct me if I'm wrong. Using a doubler(of any level) will do nothing more than save time and a bit of stam spent walking around. Not taking the stam saved by walking in to account wouldn't you get the same number of kills with a doubler as without due to the fact that more stam will be used per kill? Isn't this the same as the increase in XP gained per kill using a doubler? Haven't studies shown that a doubler vs. no doubler will get you the same amount of XP in the end(a wee bit more XP w/doubler due to steps saved)? I'm all for it as it will get people in and out of the hunt faster thus lightening the load on the servers. No one is going to benefit greatly over another using a doubler.

Posted Image

#35 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:55

is nothing to do with not wanting to help first event we had i went way past 10k kills over the period of the event and it killed sitting here for hours and hours i tried the second time but between the lag and the pain of sitting here for hours i gave up ..so not a thing to do with helping the community i always been a team player is why i would burn my stam with no xp reward no medal reward if i could use doubler just so i could dump more of it faster i dont even level now unless i have too as the drag of leveling ie the time it takes just makes it unbearable now

if you don't want to help out the community, then i guess thats your choice....

i really liked the idea of doubler not working within global quests. this way it actually shows how much the players are willing to kill. please don't muck this up by adding in multipliers. if we are to spill blood, it shall be ONE by ONE!!! /rawr

#36 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:57

Going to vote yes. The way i remember mobs were too few and far between in the normal realms. And the 3x3 and other small realms will be overcrowded. Allowing doubler will result in higher number of kills which is good for everyone.

Note that if like in the first event drops are needed some players may opt to hunt without doubler anyway.

Edit: i have a limited time per day i can play this game especially during work days. If lag is bad and doubler is not allowed i may not even be able to make the cut (also depending on kill count required and duration of the event of course)

#37 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:58

YES please ..but please dont double the amount of kills needed :)

#38 ninjaSlice

ninjaSlice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:00

Either way I'll be happy and participate, although it seems it may make it too easy. But easy seems to be what the majority wants
Make the rewards even greater, maybe participation will boost :P

IRmUxin.png

#39 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:04

If we do this the kills need to remain the same.. not increased. That would suck for those who dont plan on using doubler.

#40 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:09

I don't see any advantage really. The way I understand doubler and the proposition is that it would allow someone to get (if not exactly a very similar) number of kills as they would with all their stamia but in a shorter time period. Thus encouraging more involvement because really people if someone has 50K plus stamina do they really need to go and use 10 stamina per attack?

Make it for every 10 stamina used in an attack = 1 kill

No one gets an advantage for using doubler just gets to finish faster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: