42 replies to this topic

#21 chyboy

chyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:13

you guys... you just broke the AH too... now some ppl are selling 15+FSP items like crazy... thanks... you just made the higher lvl even richer :/

#22 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:18

make them cost the same then. it make no sense higher player get 1000x reward compared to lower. just because you are high level, you should be covered in gold? you gotta be kidding me. why give the richest more and the poor less? wtf

I'm not agreeing with the higher level arenas receiving more prize tokens, only stating that it appears the reason they are receiving more is the fact that they currently cost more to enter. Higher cost to enter = higher reward.

Addition:

I just did the math on it, and the cost to reward ratio is 625 gold for entry fee per token received as a prize. So while the higher level ones currently cost more to enter and give more tokens as a prize, the actual cost per token is the same across all levels.

Edited by cyrus7, 25 June 2014 - 19:39.

#23 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:26

Suggestions:

- More level ranges

[There are currently some large gaps in the available levels.]

- Vary the cost/reward for the levels

[Example: Have a level 100 arena that costs the same as a level 1000 to enter, and has the same reward.]

- Throw a few higher level tournaments into the Novice section

[Not all arena novices have sub-100 gear.]

#24 xitar

xitar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:27

need more granularity in the level ranges

tokens to level entered is whack (EoC get richer)

-solution have token amounts based on entry fee. the more you risk the more you gain. and have it at every level range.

#25 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:41

This need to be fixed fast, I want to join the arena but all I can do is put on lvl 100 gear (which I don't have) and join the lvl 100 arenas as I am not high level enough for the 500, why the gap between 100 and 500 ? where is 200, 250, 260, etc..) there used to be a lot of those, you just made the high levels feel better and crushed the low levels, you solved a problem and made a bigger problem, same as the old problem but instead of demanding high level arenas, we know demand low level arenas ? Is this the Arena update you have in mind ? neglect low levels and make high levels happier ?

clock96.gif

#26 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:46

I'm not agreeing with the higher level arenas receiving more prize tokens, only stating that it appears the reason they are receiving more is the fact that they currently cost more to enter. Higher cost to enter = higher reward.

Addition:

I just did the math on it, and the cost to reward ratio is 625 gold for entry fee per token received as a prize. So while the higher level ones currently cost more to enter and give more tokens as a prize, the actual cost per token is the same across all levels.

ofcouse you aint agree, you are higher level. grant the wealthy, cut the poor. you got more gold then a level 10. Give the same reward but make it expensiver for higher level to enter. Just because you are EOC it means you should get more than others.

#27 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:53

This need to be fixed fast, I want to join the arena but all I can do is put on lvl 100 gear (which I don't have) and join the lvl 100 arenas as I am not high level enough for the 500, why the gap between 100 and 500 ? where is 200, 250, 260, etc..) there used to be a lot of those, you just made the high levels feel better and crushed the low levels, you solved a problem and made a bigger problem, same as the old problem but instead of demanding high level arenas, we know demand low level arenas ? Is this the Arena update you have in mind ? neglect low levels and make high levels happier ?

+1, this is exactly how i see it..as you see only the high level players like this update ( i wonder why, they all just made a killing off of the new arena), and have it even more to themselves...i am so stunned at how the idea of arena tokens turned into this..they were supposed to be a reward for entering and trying out arena and winning at least 1 round..not the new arena currency...

#28 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:53

ofcouse you aint agree, you are higher level. 

I said that I don't agree with only higher levels getting higher reward arenas available to them, and you're still slamming on me for being a higher level than you. This does not make sense.

Give the same reward but make it expensiver for higher level to enter. Just because you are EOC it means you should get more than others.

This does not make sense either; higher level should not be punished for being higher level. Cost per token is equal across all levels; this is the fair way to do it.

#29 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:03

If the ladder is going to be exempt from possible bounty, remove smasher credit from it. It makes no sense for it to be there, in an area of the game that carries little risk. It never belonged there in the first place, not unless credit extended to open pvp as well. This glaring discrepancy will be made even worse if you go through with this as planned. This used to be an even game, with the parameters clearly outlined (as in, "this IS a pvp game.") Much of the population here either dabbles in pvp or focuses on it- how much  blatant discrimination are we supposed to take? 

#30 berneanu

berneanu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:16

ok i wasnt the smartest arena player even before and i was jelous maybe on those that had like 2k-3k wins but this looks bad - you guys are punishing not only the ones that are trying to understand arena play but also you are punishing players due to low lvl - as i see a lvl 2500 can enter all ranges of arena while a lvl 100 player (or under ) has only one vialble possibility - where is the equality that arena was about - a lvl 5 player had same shot as lvl 2500 player (due to a much better distribution in ranges for arena)

i love the fact u get tokens to buy items  instead of having to win the item (this will make inventing a LOT more easy) and in theory more accesible for more players - BUT and this is where the big BUT comes - only a few players can do it at this rate :) if u want to tweek arena why dont u keep the old lvls - variation from lvl 1 to lvl 2500 - so u will have again those lvl 63 - 89 - 325 etc arena`s so it will be again all about the gear and the moves and the knowledge - ARENA SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT LVL OF PLAYER this will create hate between low lvl high lvl player - also in my humble opinion - the price of tokens for items should be changed also - i`m not one to point fingers but as cromaxim said - BM pot is just plain stupid to have same cost as gem of mae

to sum up:

1) keep the old lvl variation - not these lvl 100-500-1000-2000-2500 range - it is unfair and arena was about gear/knowledge/right moves - not about lvl - and that is what made it fun

2) tweek the prices of token/item - some items arent even worth 10 tokens - some are worth maybe 1000 tokens

3) the fact a low lvl arena pays less then high lvl one again will favor high lvl and this is something u guys should honestly try and avoid - imo u should make arena entry fee universal _something like 25k entry fee (the decay on price imo should be kept like it was for old arena - it was another usefull tool of old) also the reward should be universal - 10 tokens - so in this way a lvl 5 player and a lvl 2500 player have the same odds - pay the same - win the same - and this way u need more wins to buy certain item u are so eager to win

well that is my 3 cents on the matter - eager to hear what the comunity has to say about the way i think - also very eager to hear what the developers have to say - cause atm - u are creating unbalance rather then balance - BALANCE means giving everyone same odds - and u will not be doing this with this type of update

#31 j3k

j3k

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:17

you guys... you just broke the AH too... now some ppl are selling 15+FSP items like crazy... thanks... you just made the higher lvl even richer :/

Chy is right their needs to be a cool-down  for the arena titans or people who have won 3   93Atokens games 279 tokens should last even with spamming the AH

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#32 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:37

And I thought the arena was one of the few aspects of the game that worked quite well and were mostly balanced ...  :D

Why not have an arena with only level 764 tournaments? I would be totally in favor for that  :D

#33 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:49

ok i wasnt the smartest arena player even before and i was jelous maybe on those that had like 2k-3k wins but this looks bad - you guys are punishing not only the ones that are trying to understand arena play but also you are punishing players due to low lvl - as i see a lvl 2500 can enter all ranges of arena while a lvl 100 player (or under ) has only one vialble possibility - where is the equality that arena was about - a lvl 5 player had same shot as lvl 2500 player (due to a much better distribution in ranges for arena)

i love the fact u get tokens to buy items  instead of having to win the item (this will make inventing a LOT more easy) and in theory more accesible for more players - BUT and this is where the big BUT comes - only a few players can do it at this rate :) if u want to tweek arena why dont u keep the old lvls - variation from lvl 1 to lvl 2500 - so u will have again those lvl 63 - 89 - 325 etc arena`s so it will be again all about the gear and the moves and the knowledge - ARENA SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT LVL OF PLAYER this will create hate between low lvl high lvl player - also in my humble opinion - the price of tokens for items should be changed also - i`m not one to point fingers but as cromaxim said - BM pot is just plain stupid to have same cost as gem of mae

to sum up:

1) keep the old lvl variation - not these lvl 100-500-1000-2000-2500 range - it is unfair and arena was about gear/knowledge/right moves - not about lvl - and that is what made it fun

2) tweek the prices of token/item - some items arent even worth 10 tokens - some are worth maybe 1000 tokens

3) the fact a low lvl arena pays less then high lvl one again will favor high lvl and this is something u guys should honestly try and avoid - imo u should make arena entry fee universal _something like 25k entry fee (the decay on price imo should be kept like it was for old arena - it was another usefull tool of old) also the reward should be universal - 10 tokens - so in this way a lvl 5 player and a lvl 2500 player have the same odds - pay the same - win the same - and this way u need more wins to buy certain item u are so eager to win

well that is my 3 cents on the matter - eager to hear what the comunity has to say about the way i think - also very eager to hear what the developers have to say - cause atm - u are creating unbalance rather then balance - BALANCE means giving everyone same odds - and u will not be doing this with this type of update

+1, exactly..make the levels random from 1-2500..and quit making everything only good for the high level players....atm i can not play in any arena's...4 years of wasted time learning about arena and gear setups and move setups...all shot down swiftly..dont see any high level players saying much...they are loving arena now..they own it

#34 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:55

+1, exactly..make the levels random from 1-2500..and quit making everything only good for the high level players....atm i can not play in any arena's...4 years of wasted time learning about arena and gear setups and move setups...all shot down swiftly..dont see any high level players saying much...they are loving arena now..they own it

ill say something, it seems a rather bizarre occurance, im astounded BUT im thinking it wont be long before people start realising this isnt the best way its been :)

#35 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:33

this arena update is  fun and suck

fun to see players taking advantage of it

suck because i'm too lazy to participate on it.

#36 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:45

We've removed all the items pending review tomorrow. We'll also be reviewing the level brackets that spawn.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#37 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:50

We've removed all the items pending review tomorrow. We'll also be reviewing the level brackets that spawn.

A bit late?

FS Box

XXXXX says: BM 300 only 9 FSP..hurry as they will go real fast !!

(that's 81 FSP for an outlay of 60k gold!)

Edited by Lahona, 25 June 2014 - 21:51.

#38 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:52

A bit late?

We'll review the prices in the morning based on the feedback on it. We felt it was better to remove the items for now rather than leave them up while we work on the changes.

#39 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:55

We'll review the prices in the morning based on the feedback on it. We felt it was better to remove the items for now rather than leave them up while we work on the changes.

only better for thoses who have already taken advantage not so good for the many that will now lose out

#40 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:57

too late.. the price are getting back to normal, peoples already stocks it up while they are super cheap.

your response are predicted, thats why we stocks it up.

A HUGE THANKS TO HCS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: