Photo

Game Update 2.075

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#21 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:30

I have never been big into PvP, it is not a part of the game that I have had the time to experiment with much. However, I have to agree with the above comments. By not protecting gold most potion makers will not sell them for gold as they are likely to lose what their hard work has created for them. I feel that this will drive the price of potions through the roof or alternatively cause people not to brew the potions possibly causing less people to play it that is the part of the game that brings them back.

Potion making is also a part of the game. Titan hunting changes recently have opened it up to a greater variety of guilds even if not everyone likes the changes and now potion making is being shut off for a lot of people, definitely for people that count on the gold sales while they are not online.

I think they will be selling alot more in ST's x amount for x FSPs or maybe a new FSP upgrade is to be placed here?

But in case they won't how about a new FSP upgrade:

for each upgrade you will have 1% of your gold sale through AH (ONLY) placed in your bank automaticly (I think 50-75% should be a max to not kill the sense of the new change of PvP Protection not protecting gold anymore) 5-7 FSP each 1%?

This should make sense for the potionmakers to still take a risk selling for gold, and still keep some gold out for the PvP'ers

What do you guys think about that? Unnecessary?

Cheers

Centus

#22 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:36

What about an options for Gold protect.

There are no plans for Gold Protection at this time.

I suggest one of these options.
1. You can have Deflect cast on you to avoid a possible attack.
2. What Zaelin said: you can deposit the gold into your Bank.
3. Send the gold to a friend who is wearing PvP gear and Deflect.
4. Place a bid in the Auction House on an item.
5. Send your gold to Maehdros. (Just kidding)

#23 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:42

Grim, Hoof,

I just had a thought.

What if the gold earned from the Auction House went straight into the Bank? (Just like the arena players have for their winnings.)
I'm thinking about those innocent potion makers who put in an awful lot of time and effort farming ingredients and inventing numerous potions.

#24 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:43

Grim, Hoof,

I just had a thought.

What if the gold earned from the Auction House went straight into the Bank? (Just like the arena players have for their winnings.)
I'm thinking about those innocent potion makers who put in an awful lot of time and effort farming ingredients and inventing numerous potions.

Far

#25 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:44

Grim, Hoof,

I just had a thought.

Far too abuse able, you send me 1m gold, I bid on a potion of yours for 1m gold. Bam, gold deposits are no longer needed.

#26 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:45

Grim, Hoof,

I just had a thought.

That Dulchy is a very good idea... and fair for those potion makers that allow us to buy inventable potions for Gold.. +1 to this... good for the whole FS Community..

Us PvP'ers that like to hit for Gold can still do so from folk that are hunting and/or just crazy enough to hold large amounts of gold while in range of us Gold Seekers

#27 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:47

Grim, Hoof,

I just had a thought.

Far too abuse able, you send me 1m gold, I bid on a potion of yours for 1m gold. Bam, gold deposits are no longer needed.

Indeed, it would negate/ circumvent the use for bank deposits.

#28 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:48

The negative comments about this update just prove that most players who buy PvP protection were using it for the gold protection and not the XP protection. This apparently has turned players into total noobs or perhaps only noobs remain.

Thanks to Dulcharn for reminding players the options that do remain in using/spending/hiding gold. I'm sure those players will appreciate your advice.

I would also like to offer a rare bit of advice. http://fallenswordpvp.synthasite.com/

Enjoy!

#29 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:48

Like how the stamina works, make it so you don't gain gold whilst offline but instead receive it all in bulk when you come back online.
Quickly swap gear, buff up and sell it on the market.

#30 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:52

Listen to the Spaz!

Grim, Hoof,

I just had a thought.

+1

Like how the stamina works, make it so you don't gain gold whilst offline but instead receive it all in bulk when you come back online.

+1

#31 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:58

Do the PvP protection upgrades stack? Meaning, if I have 10 days remaining, and suddenly need to unload 3 million gold, can I buy another pvp protection and have 38 days now?

#32 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:03

[...] make it so you don't gain gold whilst offline but instead receive it all in bulk when you come back online.

Sure. This could be an option to solve the potion maker issue.

#33 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:04

Abit off-topic

if this do succes it should mean that players will be more likely targets for gold hitters (positive)
this should result in these gold hitters maybe will have a bounty on their heads (positive for activity?)
but when someone then will take clear these bounties they risk 10+ bounties on their head, I really don't understand this, why would you be able to bounty someone 10 times in a row? the person at the bounty board might have deserved to be placed there?

So why not make every bounty at a max of 1 bounty each hunter as it used to be, but still make it possible to bounty the hitters (off-bounty board) for each hit?

Wouldn't this be fair? and I think this would engage some new heads to do bounties as they won't risk 50 levels doing that

On-topic btw the prices are great also for new comers, great to see this implemented!

#34 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:06

Grim, Hoof,

I just had a thought.

Bank deposits can still be used during a leveling hunt. Bam, deposits back in business.

#35 spons369

spons369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:20

Hmmm not sure about this update. Whats the point having pvp protection if you still can get attacked and it don't save your gold? I don't think many would take the protection for there xp, im sure i will not take it for my xp.

#36 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:26

Hmmm not sure about this update. Whats the point having pvp protection if you still can get attacked and it don't save your gold?

The protection was always supposed to be about XP. The gold was merely a 'bonus' if you will. One we've now removed.

#37 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:27

Hmmm not sure about this update. Whats the point having pvp protection if you still can get attacked and it don't save your gold? I don't think many would take the protection for there xp, im sure i will not take it for my xp.

non-PvP'ers hardly, if ever, respond to these forum threads concerning PvP, which is the reason it got updated. lol
In-Game-Polls do help though - but we haven't seen those since the day Belgian monks started brewing beer.

#38 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:31

As a leveller, I'm good with this update: I get PvP protection mostly for my XP. Loosing gold isn't a biggie for me, losing XP is. So good change to me.

What I would really love, however, is to have an alternative to bountying an incomer. You get hit, you have either a choice of: 1) bounty OR 2) a free shot back at them which is not bountiable (is that even a word?). so if you muss your retal shot, you lose your ability to bounty that incoming, if that makes sense.

#39 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:36

As a leveller, I'm good with this update: I get PvP protection mostly for my XP. Loosing gold isn't a biggie for me, losing XP is. So good change to me.

What I would really love, however, is to have an alternative to bountying an incomer. You get hit, you have either a choice of: 1) bounty OR 2) a free shot back at them which is not bountiable (is that even a word?). so if you muss your retal shot, you lose your ability to bounty that incoming, if that makes sense.

You should hit them back. But it can't be a free shot, without being bountied, because this can be abused in PvP wars where only incoming hits can be bountied but not outgoing. But my advice to you, vetlet, is to hit back or bounty, but not both. A PvP'er won't bounty you for a returning slap, because that would go against their own principles.
;)

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:43

Suggestion regarding Auctions :

When an item sells for gold, the gold then goes into a Gold Mailbox, to be picked up upon log in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: