Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:30

Also took me a while to get hooked on FS and had the gvg been like it is now, I can guarantee I would have walked away from it. I know taking armor damage out of gvg has been mentioned before and not happened but it's still not a bad idea. Perhaps the compromise solution to that would be no hitting to level 25 and no armor damage from 26-100 (gvg only). That would give people a chance to get into the game and see what happens when you play around with gear. Once they are past 100 they would have the incentive to defend properly and hopefully have some experience built up doing it without getting too discouraged. Also, time limits should apply in addition to level 100 limit.

I could agree with this, and I tried posting something similar in the original GVG thread after they made the most current updates. I'd be okay with no gear damage below level 50 aside from crystalline.. but anywhere after that, gear damage is a huge part of GVG'ing.

And for those who try the "well fork over the FSP/Money and suck it up".. it's very disappointing to hear people have that view.. everyone started new at some point, didn't have access to the best gears around the levels.

As for gearing people cheaply and correctly at level 20/25 for breaking through Deathspinner or the new turtle armor build.. I think you have to rethink your position on that..

#23 fs_cristobal7

fs_cristobal7
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:15

eve harmony is lvl 40 im lvl 19. its not fair for the new players. :evil:

LOL EveHarmony is a good friend of mine and shes in my guild :)

#24 Godblade75

Godblade75

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 13:18

...Did you really have to bring this thread back up for that? :|

godblade.png

#25 fs_cristobal7

fs_cristobal7
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2011 - 19:31

No, I had to bring it back so I could be the last poster in every forum category ;)
Check my accomplishments.

#26 fs_luria

fs_luria
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:07

How come there is no guild level limitations for GvG or how come Guild protection can't be acquired? The guild I'm is is level 108 when some little punk coward in a guild that is level 1562 initatied a guild conflict with us. Naturally they won all 50 of their attacks becuse of the boosts they get from the buffs from their high level members but also the bonues they receive from the 3 relics their guild controls. All this time we were never attacked now we have been attacked twice. The first guild that attacked us was level 161 so again a lot higher guild level than ours. We did mangae to win that one though. If we have to keep using our gold to repair equipment from attacks launched against a non pvp/ non gvg guild than what is the point in still playing and supporting FS? :roll:

#27 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2011 - 21:28

How come there is no guild level limitations for GvG or how come Guild protection can't be acquired? The guild I'm is is level 108 when some little punk coward in a guild that is level 1562 initatied a guild conflict with us. Naturally they won all 50 of their attacks becuse of the boosts they get from the buffs from their high level members but also the bonues they receive from the 3 relics their guild controls. All this time we were never attacked now we have been attacked twice. The first guild that attacked us was level 161 so again a lot higher guild level than ours. We did mangae to win that one though. If we have to keep using our gold to repair equipment from attacks launched against a non pvp/ non gvg guild than what is the point in still playing and supporting FS? :roll:

There is a level limit on GVG'ing now. The minimum level before you can initiate/be initiated against is 100. Aside from that, you are fair game to all GVG'ers. This has been a hot topic of debate, and while HCS changed it to cost more to initiate, they didn't get to the root of the problem, which is still why repairs have to be made and why lower levels are still being driven from the game.

#28 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2011 - 20:48

Solution #1: Don't join a guild till you hit level 50. then you power level out of a GvGer range.

TIP: GvGers hate to level, so if you level out of their range, they won't follow you.

OR

Solution #2: Get some descent gear, join a solid guild, and make it clear that you need help with repairs / protection. That would take the burden off the new player and put that marginal cost onto a solid guild.

OR

Solution #3: Same as number 2, but you become a GvGer yourself. Get some descent gear and hit back. Tieing a conflict is a pain to a GvGing guild, use that as your weapon. Or better yet, try for the steal.

SIDENOTE: Some of you are suggesting a separate game for GvG guilds and non-gvg guilds. If that was made availabe, it would cost you heavily in FSP. It would essentially be a GvG protection upgrade.

It would kill GvG as a whole and inventable epics would sky rocket in price.

I would argue about 50 to 70% of current players are mostly GvGers. Why would they hurt their largest player base or second largest player base (depending on your opinion)?

been playing for almost 3 years now, take my advise for whats its worth.

#29 grapas

grapas

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:12

BALANCE GUILD ALL DAY EVERY DAY!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana