Photo

New Content Update. Levels 181 to 190.

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#21 ss_topsy

ss_topsy
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2009 - 13:08

Are the 4 of the 8 sets HK sets maybe? ;)

no new HK

There is a new HK, and Lex is kicking the crap out of it so far. he/she has gotten everyone for the last 3 hours.

I see that now. But it did not stand anything about a new HK

#22 lexrodiron

lexrodiron

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 17:23

trust me there is one :D

Some initial HK observations.

6 HK items for each class set.

Each item needs 8 components.

HK has 2 drops.

Each drop has 3 extraction possibilities (6 different components total).

Even if you were perfect on every extraction it would take 48 drops. We all know how the extraction game goes in SS2….so I would say x 2 drops needed considering duplicate components and failed extractions (96 drops). Currently the HK has around a 20-25% drop rate. So let’s take the higher one 25% (1 in 4)..... 96 x 4 = 384 HK kills to make this set.

I for one like a challenge but this is daunting...... Even if you got all 4 HK each hour it would take you 96 hours to get enough drops. Even if it was 1 in 3 drop rate you would need 288 kills.

I'm not complaining (well maybe a little) just want to know if this is what you were planning? At least I’ll have something to keep me busy for a while.

Thanks for any feedback.

#23 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 19:28

trust me there is one :D

Some initial HK observations.

6 HK items for each class set.

Each item needs 8 components.

HK has 2 drops.

Each drop has 3 extraction possibilities (6 different components total).

Even if you were perfect on every extraction it would take 48 drops. We all know how the extraction game goes in SS2….so I would say x 2 drops needed considering duplicate components and failed extractions (96 drops). Currently the HK has around a 20-25% drop rate. So let’s take the higher one 25% (1 in 4)..... 96 x 4 = 384 HK kills to make this set.

I for one like a challenge but this is daunting...... Even if you got all 4 HK each hour it would take you 96 hours to get enough drops. Even if it was 1 in 3 drop rate you would need 288 kills.

I'm not complaining (well maybe a little) just want to know if this is what you were planning? At least I’ll have something to keep me busy for a while.

Thanks for any feedback.

Let's hope the sets are worth it then :roll:

We're looking at 2 weeks before the firsts sets roll in, so I'll sit back and enjoy the wait!

#24 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 23:18

looking at the drop rate yesterday, it was much poorer than 1 in 3. so, 6 possible extraction? egad. this one will be bad one to make sets. so, you need 48 component for the set or 150 drops at 1 in 3. almost 40 hours of hunting assuming perfect extract. (and it never is) may be 3 hour hunt/day. so, 2 weeks if you get every kill. hmm, not easy. :D

#25 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 23:43

Hopefully the set, or parts of it will be good enough to be used way past lvl 190, the trading feature of the game needs high value sets/items.

#26 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2009 - 23:53

Hopefully the set, or parts of it will be good enough to be used way past lvl 190, the trading feature of the game needs high value sets/items.

I agree with this.. In many cases the changes are nominal and hence value does not get sustained over time. Early information does not appear to be a massive change but it may be that the "complete set bonuses" are going to be significant. Having flirted with the new HK to the tune of 5 kills with 2 drops i can tell that it pays to be purist where you can solo it with high damage and MS. Non purists will need high damage setup with at least 2 high damage faction mates in their groups.

Gotta say this is gonna be a daunting set to make.. but I plan to take a stab at it :D

#27 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:30

this will be tough set to make. the map layout makes it tough too. I just finished the content, and the HK mission was a bear. nasty cows. I may go and hunt elite for a while and make that set first. my elite sets are lasting 30 lvls anyway already, and while having HK set would be cool (I did not bother with last one either but made addon) this one is way too energy consuming with rooms being so big. but I will see.

#28 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:49

Superb content :-D

Was fun, had challenges, had energy wasters that weren't ridiculous, beautiful artwork, good storylines (missions) oh, and sum fine new items as well :)

Thinking it was about time I gave sum praise to the content, since I like it so much ;)

Keep it up my funky cows, Kit

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#29 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:54

making the elite set from lvl 190.; it is primarily att heavy set. good for taking artifacts. :D soldier set looks like revamped lvl 150 set (should be different color IMHO otherwise, easy to get confused) about same drop rate as previous set. soloable if you have near 1500 dmg or purist. HK is much easier this time around compared to lvl 100, but only soloable by purist with MS(lose it in 1 hit though) need 2-3 high level mate and you can do ok for most others using dmg heavy gear. building my elite set first. :D

#30 Jett

Jett

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:33

Has the portal been added from taulin city to the new content yet?

#31 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:35

Wasn't there an hour ago. I'd bet Monday at least before it shows.

#32 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:47

Wasn't there an hour ago. I'd bet Monday at least before it shows.

Past trends suggest that it will be another week before portal opens. and with these image issues i sure wouldnt want to make the "trek" back any other way. LOL

#33 ss_reynk

ss_reynk
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:53

Rotfl, will be a damn long haul, Bagavond.

#34 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:57

I think one can get back to L190 using the portal that is there now. You may have to walk just a little bit but I think if you can get to the loading dock (181) then you can step outside to the Spearhead then you can scoot to Security, Engine room and the Bridge.

When I went back to 181 this morning I was able to get to the spearhead from the L188 map and went to 181. Got the drops I needed and went to the research and then back to Spearhead and back to the 188 map.

Perhaps before transporting back to the city you may want to exit the Bridge area to Spearhead and explore the Loading Dock area for the entry so you will know where to come back from the 180 map.

Just a thought.

#35 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 20:50

I need to make a statement concerning the HK. I have never really griped about Mental Shield because though purists have that they dont get the damage bonuses that soldiers can with their buffs. But in relation to the HK, the purist skill MS has completely tilted the table in favor to one class because it allows them to solo while the rest of us have to rely on squadding. I am lucky in that i have a strong, active faction that squads pretty effectively but i feel bad for the many others out there that may not have that advantage.

At the same time, I must also indicate that as a soldier I am unable to make the purist weapon to complete a set, however the purist can make my weapon. While that may seem trivial, it is in fact significant and results in skewing the marketplace for equipment production.

Other than that I am enjoying the hunt.. (even though the 40% destroy rate is eating at me)

#36 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2009 - 20:55

I need to make a statement concerning the HK. I have never really griped about Mental Shield because though purists have that they dont get the damage bonuses that soldiers can with their buffs. But in relation to the HK, the purist skill MS has completely tilted the table in favor to one class because it allows them to solo while the rest of us have to rely on squadding. I am lucky in that i have a strong, active faction that squads pretty effectively but i feel bad for the many others out there that may not have that advantage.

At the same time, I must also indicate that as a soldier I am unable to make the purist weapon to complete a set, however the purist can make my weapon. While that may seem trivial, it is in fact significant and results in skewing the marketplace for equipment production.

Other than that I am enjoying the hunt.. (even though the 40% destroy rate is eating at me)

Yes!!! unbind charged mind stones!!! PLEASE!!!

On the complaint side, the maps are a bit excessive. With Sharona, when a player killed an HK, the efficient hunter could wait in the middle map and still get a kill, giving everyone a fair shot... In a couple days, the top factions can stake players in every map and be sure to get the kills because people. I do like how you force everyone to complete the mission to open the shortcuts, but in a short time this will likely bottleneck the latecomers who will be at a great disadvantage.

#37 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 21:31

new comers will just have to be patient. stay in one room and hope it spawns there. or in the next room if they stay near the door to the corridor to the next room. or do it like I did,and start searching at :05 and see if you are the first one to find a HK.

definitely tougher than lvl 100, as you can't sit in middle and wait till first kill.

#38 ss_topsy

ss_topsy
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 18:39

Why is the HK set just rare? All the other HK sets are unique, so why isn`t this unique?

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:50

This is a pretty powerful set! It is not needed for continuing through the game so is set to be challenging! :mrgreen:

Is now!

But in relation to the HK, the purist skill MS has completely tilted the table in favor to one class because it allows them to solo while the rest of us have to rely on squadding.

Agreed. Mental Strength should not be working with Hunter Killers.

Why is the HK set just rare? All the other HK sets are unique, so why isn`t this unique?

Sorted. They are showing as Unique now.

#40 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 November 2009 - 15:31

Agreed. Mental Strength should not be working with Hunter Killers.

When will the injustice stop. When everything is said and done the purist class will be worthless and have more problems than it does already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: