Photo

DEEP vs DECAY

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: is deep set better then decay set (36 member(s) have cast votes)

is deep set better then decay set

1. yes (32 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. no (24 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ScarletTestAce

ScarletTestAce

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 23:21

lol. when im not lvling i usually wear leikmar and i have yet for anyone not wearing a mancrusha set to defeat me.

but since my BP is full of thono items im wide in the open XD

#22 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:15

cheated? how so. I feel good about the LE though i wish i had more fsp out of this event. thonomoth has become hard to sell while after last event i sold all of thonomoth items 20-30fsp a peice

I think he felt cheated because of the level spread. there was nothing worth farming for anyone level 120-169. yet we all farmed decay, tus the over 1200 items in AH. I personally spent some FSP on stam getting to level 130, because I was hoping KAX would be back :(

#23 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:46

cheated? how so. I feel good about the LE though i wish i had more fsp out of this event. thonomoth has become hard to sell while after last event i sold all of thonomoth items 20-30fsp a peice

I think he felt cheated because of the level spread. there was nothing worth farming for anyone level 120-169. yet we all farmed decay, tus the over 1200 items in AH. I personally spent some FSP on stam getting to level 130, because I was hoping KAX would be back :(

1200? 343 pages right now x 8 = 2744 items. Probably at least 2000 more equipped or stocked....

#24 fs_bratpaq

fs_bratpaq
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:22

i want to see numbers, somebody compute it as im lazy to do it :P

anyway, i want to see deep set + decay rune + decay armor VS. decay set + deep hammer and deep shield. :D

#25 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 13:54

anyway, i want to see deep set + decay rune + decay armor VS. decay set + deep hammer and deep shield. :D

Numbers ?? Want numbers?? I'll give you numbers soon :) (that means I`m working on it) I've started to like Decay a bit more after some interesting discoveries I've made.

#26 fs_bratpaq

fs_bratpaq
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 14:16

Numbers ?? Want numbers?? I'll give you numbers soon :) (that means I`m working on it) I've started to like Decay a bit more after some interesting discoveries I've made.

i got some numbers on decay items uncrafted, hard to find deep items uncrafted

#27 fs_xeononyx

fs_xeononyx
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 16:29

Well unfortunately I didnt save my numbers, but every time I make a gear change I notepad my before and after. Upon hunting the decay set I immediately switched my very poor rune in to replace my perfectly 5x charged darklore rune.

Then within 15 minutes I had a complete set. And switched it and my random crafted decay beat my excellent crafted 5x deep set. The main reason was the piece selection because I was able to keep the Hammer. Throw in a 60 damage shield and it shot my damage into 1150 stock. Now with better Stat selection on the pieces it is a helforgers dream. (especially the rune: the wasted +17 points in defense killed the darklore rune)

DECAY > DEEP

thats my story and I'm sticking to it :)

#28 fs_bratpaq

fs_bratpaq
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 16:59

ok, this is the numbers i came up with, decay stat are uncrafted and deep stats are poor or very poor.

Posted Image

clearly DECAY is better than DEEP, in main stat that is.

#29 fs_grrraham

fs_grrraham
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 17:39

but u wouldnt wear decay armor with deep, ud use golden pather or maesoa

#30 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 17:43

Tss...of course it's better in raw stats ....its a level 90 set after all isnt it ?

You have to ask the right questions first to get the right answers.

1. Does having a decay set allows you to one hit everything between 90 and...say 120 or maybe even more ?
2. How does Decay interact with mancrusha, other sets or other nonset items ?
3. Does having a Decay help you avoid buying a Mancrusha at 120 ?
4. Can you reliably level from 80 to 90 without a Deep set ?

In other words the question is one that a level 80 will ask himself: Do I struggle till 90 then buy a Decay till later and save the Deep set costs or do I have to buy it now ? My answer will be:

1. Fully forge a Khale set and a Glove of Bane (about 45 FSP total costs). Scythe of maxilar, Rune of Darklore, Shield of Henz, and other stuff - you will get to level 90 by one hitting (some planning is required instead of the mindless Deep charging everything).

2. At level 90 continue with full Decay+ others till 125. It's doable. Forging the Decay parts is more effective then for other sets (2 stats only)

3. At level 125 pair your (forged by now hopefully) decay set with the oh so neglected Zegh set - you will be surprised on how effetive this gets. Also, a fully forged decay might also go well with Weagr later on (not sure about the numbers) and with some Drake parts at 140. And so, you have saved not only the cost of Deep but also the cost of Mancrusha.

#31 fs_bratpaq

fs_bratpaq
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 17:50

but u wouldnt wear decay armor with deep, ud use golden pather or maesoa

yeah, its just for comparison, actually to make it more clear, just remove the common denominator, the weapon, armor, shield and rune, just compare the gloves + helmet + bonus of the set of the 2 sets.

#32 fs_deemer

fs_deemer
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 22:27

when i break up my Deep set at level 125 because of Dark Ethal Shield, im probably going to use decay because of EH enhancement.

#33 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 14:41

Ok - Check my setup. No perfect item (and for Zegh, crafting level matters a lot). Almost no forging. And my whole equipment costs about as much as one single Mancrusha piece or about two deep set pieces.....

Decay is definetely useful. If you are 80 and know you won't afford a mancrusha at 120 - go for decay - it`s good in the long run.

#34 fs_bratpaq

fs_bratpaq
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 15:09

Ok - Check my setup. No perfect item (and for Zegh, crafting level matters a lot). Almost no forging. And my whole equipment costs about as much as one single Mancrusha piece or about two deep set pieces.....

Decay is definetely useful. If you are 80 and know you won't afford a mancrusha at 120 - go for decay - it`s good in the long run.

wow, nice to know that decay set can go with zegh set :D

#35 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 15:17

I did mention this in this thread, several posts back :) - and I suppose a good interaction with Weagr or Drake parts too.

True - I foresee that prices on Zegh parts will rise a bit - you high levels over there - go hunt the Trogladore :)

#36 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 15:36

More maths: - Fully forging my equipment (not that I'd ever do that - too poor :) - and items are not even perfect anyway)- would cost 185 FSP and add -

177 to attack
127 to armor
152 to damage.

My stats would be (guild bonuses aside) -

Attack 850,
Armor 864
Damage - 1391!

In comparison, a fully forged Mancrusha + Deep + Rune of dacay has:

Attack 877
Armor 1054
Damage 1222

Hm... Except if you want to hunt champions, nothing there does more than 800 damage anyway. And the first set would probably take you to 140, where more things can happen. So...Decay from 90 to 140 - looking good :)

#37 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 16:15

I dumped my fully forged darklore rune for decay rune and hellforged it. My compleye fully hell forged deep set, mancrusha set and decay rune make a GREAT combo!!!!!!!! I am loving it.. about to hit 140 and been doing one hit kills. I wonder if there are good stuff after this? haha

Your gear should cost about 800FSP (250 Deep + 350 Mancrusha + 30 rune +170 forging) - it better be good at that price !

My current gear is worth at max 80 FSP (rune and shield being the expensive ones). No forging so far. And I have almost as much damage as you have (with 28 more level points in damage). My attack and armor are sufficient for most regular monsters up to 139 (the poison frog has a rather high defence but this can be handled in another manner).

Bottom line, the Decay can be very useful, and offers a great value/price ratio.

#38 fs_dreptile

fs_dreptile
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 17:16

added bonus of deep is u can pair it up with mancrusha

yup , thats the best part of the deep set

#39 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 20:11

added bonus of deep is u can pair it up with mancrusha

yup , thats the best part of the deep set

Personally, I think the best part of the deep set is that it allows you to storm levels 80-90. Except if you have a fully forged everything, you wont keep the Deep+Mancrusha combo for more then 5-10 levels.

Now back to my argument for Decay.

Dreaded level 140. I checked people at that level - the best combo I've found was a Mancrusha + Drake (sword, shield, rune) + boots of rekamas + helmet of ilami. Total:

720 Att
608 Armor
1333 Damage

In order to one hit kill Anklar panthers and to reliably 2 hit kill monsters past that point, you need about 1450-1500 damage. My proposed combo:

Decay set
Drake (sword, shield)
Zegh (ring, amulet)
Boots of Umah
(all unforged)

total:

attack 431 (enough for anklar panthers)
armor 639
Damage 1548

The amulet, ring, boots are slots open for tweaking, according to your foe. I've done the maths for most of the monsters up to 150 and you can reliably 2 hit them. All the equipment is rather unexpensive. Forging the Decay set (97 FSP cost) will definetely help.

Surprising conclusions:

Decay is not only better than Deep but it even makes Mancrusha obsolete.

Decay is a set that takes you from level 90 to 150!!! Scary but maybe that's why they did what they did this LE !!

#40 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 20:19

One more math example proving the ultimateness of the Decay set :) - What would be, according to you, the maximum damage one can achieve between 140 and 150 ?

Here comes:

280 points in damage

Decay set
Drake sword and shield
Mancrusha amulet
Boots of Umah
Jahd ring

All perfect and fully forged.

Regular guild bonuses

Lvl 145:) Fury, Beserk and Enchant weapon

Result:

Attack 594
Armor 632
Damage 2055!!!!!!

It might seem a bit extreme - however, what this means is that you should be capable of one hitting monsters like Slothers, Sabertooth Rockcats and Ashen Goats ! That's a major breakthrough in the "you cannot one hit kill past 140" mentality. As for costs - the whole gear costs a lot less then the fully forged Deep+Mancrusha I see soo often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: