says the one whos over level1500 lol

#22 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 23:10

I'm still not sure what exactly is going on in this thread. Epic Buffs? global chat? Composing buffs?

What is this new idea you have for fs to bring the game to the next level?

#23 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 23:16

My level is irrelevent .. buffs have always been capped at L175 since I started - and should remain so.

#24 Wolfalien

Wolfalien

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 23:33

I'm still not sure what exactly is going on in this thread. Epic Buffs? global chat? Composing buffs?

the epic buffs was my idea idk bout the chat ...but i do agree

#25 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:06

My level is irrelevent .. buffs have always been capped at L175 since I started - and should remain so.

I don't think valmir meant buffs over level 175, I think its more like buffs that are more powerful per point put in them but are more expensive. For example, instead of adding 0.2% of base attack with berserk, have one that adds .8% per point, but each costs more than one skill point per level in the buff.

I do agree with you though when you say that buffs are already strong enough as they are, so the point remains moot.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#26 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:22

the epic buffs was my idea idk bout the chat ...but i do agree

How are you going to get that idea incorporated? Just give everyone Epic buffs at level 300?

#27 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:27

I don't find this feasible or needed, i think that the buffs are as OP as needed as they are...
Kind of cool idea but this gets a -1 from me
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#28 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:31

I don't think valmir meant buffs over level 175, I think its more like buffs that are more powerful per point put in them but are more expensive. For example, instead of adding 0.2% of base attack with berserk, have one that adds .8% per point, but each costs more than one skill point per level in the buff.

I do agree with you though when you say that buffs are already strong enough as they are, so the point remains moot.

But, running with your example ...

Berserk is 0.2% base damage / point invested
Uber-Berserk is 0.8 base damage / "x" points invested.

If "x" is anything less than 4 (to balance out), then the buff, in effect, WILL become higher than the old L175 and thus WILL change the balance of the game..

For instance, if "x" is 2,

then Berserk will be, in essence, L325, not L175 due to 4 x the damage but only 2 x the point investment [(2 x 150) + 25]

#29 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:17

But, running with your example ...

Berserk is 0.2% base damage / point invested
Uber-Berserk is 0.8 base damage / "x" points invested.

If "x" is anything less than 4 (to balance out), then the buff, in effect, WILL become higher than the old L175 and thus WILL change the balance of the game..

For instance, if "x" is 2,

then Berserk will be, in essence, L325, not L175 due to 4 x the damage but only 2 x the point investment [(2 x 150) + 25]

Thus the reason I said I agreed with what I believed to be your main point of buffs being strong enough already.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: