Photo

GvG and the start of the game thread

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Should GvG be restricted by level? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Should GvG be restricted by level?

1. Voted Yes (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

2. Voted No (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

3. Voted No GvG below level 25 (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

4. Voted No GvG below level 50 (13 votes [56.52%])

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

5. Other and I will post to explain it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 00:03

Gear a tutorial that describes how to put it on is there but when you get to the first set such as infernious show them about set bonus.

So to instruct them piece by piece and less importantly can also tell them that one doesn't have to equip 2 sets or more to level faster(gaining more XP) and different doubler buffs/potions offer different stopping points for stam. For PvP, they should get to know that over a certain time, since rl problems do emerge, they won't be able to place a bounty when attacked earlier as the chance could disappear just like when someone is gone for a while and miss viewing the PvP tournament indicating that it doesn't work like the item mailbox as they know how much time is left there and can act upon that. Def isn't exactly a method of ceasefire; it's there to hopefully minimize the odds getting their head shoved up one's wep or possibly others. Also some players have it where their main page displays the XP wrong at first and telling them their char shows the real value they earned along with everything else would be nice to know for more integrity of the gameplay.

I dominate the novice arena and get creamed in the regular arena! yay me!

:lol: Though others go through the same experience too.

eqnq15.png                  

#22 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 13:51

Why not allow an Opt in for GvG under a certain level, like the ladder, for those lowest tier players who REALLY want it to stay open to them?

#23 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 15:30

Why not allow an Opt in for GvG under a certain level, like the ladder, for those lowest tier players who REALLY want it to stay open to them?

I see where your coming from mate but a player can't opt out of GvG in my opinion it would have to be a Guild that opts out of GvG. Its supposed to be a Guild activity therefore it would have to be a Guilds choice to opt out and not that of a player. As for opting out of GvG as a Guild I would say no. If a Guild is created then that Guild should know that once it reaches a certain level then it will be open to GvG attacks. There is plenty of time to prepare for that so I see no reason for a GvG opt out option for Guilds.

Lots of people have liked the idea of no GvG under level 50. Lots? 10 I think when I post. If that's lots what's a few?

Like I have mentioned in the past i prefer the idea of reduced range rather than a complete cap at level 50. If the range was reduced to say 10 below but still 25 above at level 50 then those players are likely, bit of conjecture but I do so like it, be hitting other GvGers. Is that not what we are looking for rather than just farming new players?

The only problem I see with a reduction in range is where do you change it back to +/-25?

Cheers.

wil72

#24 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:53

*Bump with the Force*

#25 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:23

Heck, I cut my teeth on GvGing and amassed a tidy sum of FSPs doing so.  That was a long time ago...level 30 to 40, hitting -- easily hitting -- lower level players because many are too green to be better equipped.  Easy pickings (but not giving back any of the earned FSPs!).

It does seem harder now to GvG.  I am torn too, though, as there are not that many viable, active guilds to attack for GvG.  I did vote for the no lower than level 50...restricting the levels further could really quash GvGing for lack of enough available players to hit.

I do know many a player was peeved to get hit even though not much was lost except pride.

And, joining an established guild is not a credible bit of advice.  Most of the established guilds of minimum joining requirements of level 250 or higher, plus at least 2000 stam or more, so there's no place for a noobie to go, whether GvG, PvP or what have you, for more protection.

So the big issue with raising or imposing a minimum level on GvGing is that you take away more targets for GvGing -- something already greatly restricted with a ceiling on the number if hits per player by the attacking guild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: