#21 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:34

That doesn't deserve much of a response ^. Please read the quotes you're going to use in your response before supposedly arguing against them. Also, I think just one period is enough to let me know that your sentence is over. Anyway, suggestions are still welcome from those who actually want to help the HCS team in their efforts. :)

You do things your way I do mine now get over it..................................... They have systems in place not up to you to say how for them to do it OR PLAY COP....... Best thing I guess is for me to use forum ignore so I don't have to read your useless yapping....

And by your post you want HCS to spend even more time programming to catch BOTS... Really Funny..............

Edited by Shylark57, 16 January 2014 - 12:36.

#22 CurveS

CurveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:39

I would greatly appreciate it if you did ignore me shylark, thanks. It would also save me a lot of time not having to navigate my way through your unnecessary ellipses between every useless thing that you say.

Edited by CurveS, 16 January 2014 - 12:41.

#23 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:42

You do things your way I do mine now get over it..................................... They have systems in place not up to you to say how for them to do it OR PLAY COP....... Best thing I guess is for me to use forum ignore so I don't have to read your useless yapping....

And by your post you want HCS to spend even more time programming to catch BOTS... Really Funny..............

I'm sure you'd get better responses in threads if you weren't always so hostile. I've seen you post on most topics now with a very negative attitude..

CurveS is just trying to throw some suggestions to HCS incase they missed them, like most people in this section of the forums. Although I personally don't see the need for this extra attention to bots I appreciate that CurveS is taking interest in the games longevity.

Edited by Neon, 16 January 2014 - 12:43.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#24 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:48

I'm sure you'd get better responses in threads if you weren't always so hostile. I've seen you post on most topics now with a very negative attitude..

CurveS is just trying to throw some suggestions to HCS incase they missed them, like most people in this section of the forums. Although I personally don't see the need for this extra attention to bots I appreciate that CurveS is taking interest in the games longevity.

Lets put it this way.. Want candy coating go buy M&M's I can care less what you think of how I post.. I post common sense which many here lack.....

So another EXPERT goes on my IGNORE LIST.....

Edited by Shylark57, 16 January 2014 - 12:49.

#25 CurveS

CurveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:49

Thanks neon! I respect your opinion on the issue :) 

#26 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:55

I am well aware of what CurveS is doing... But I would tend to say HCS has been at these game a LONG time.. So really like I said to start with they have asked for people to put a Ticket in... Have fun with it.. Remember it will never be 100%  stopped...

Problem is here make a post that is Common sense and it gets called Negative... If you don't want comments then AGAIN don't post a TOPIC.

Edited by Shylark57, 16 January 2014 - 12:57.

#27 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 13:18

Okay, this is a warning guys. No more sniping at each other and if you have anything to add to the original topic, then go right ahead. Otherwise I'll have to start locking threads. D:

#28 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 17:17

I think they should hire a few in game moderators so their staff can fully concentrate on developing the game. All you need is 2-3 active moderators  per timezone. 

They could just recruit some people who are unbiased and play everyday for a good 5-10 h + a day that could spend sometimes patrolling the known botting area.

Even myself i noticed few people botting mining. These color bot make it a little too obvious. Same for people using autoit scripts.

Mods could have the power to send someone to jail (with proofs of said person botting), mute people and teleport people in an area around them to see if the bot will go back to the nodes, fish spot or whatever he is doing or just stand there moving around.

Some people will say; but what if the mod abuse and teleport is friend all around. What could be done is a simple log that keep track of every time a mod use command (Date, time, command used , mod name, person who received said command, location (x, y) .

i work in the gaming industry myself .. especially in the section botting / anti botting and i would say it is impossible to see for someone - even player mods - if someone is botting or not.

As using Mousekeys is not against any applying rules - and it is a simple way for player to "afk" mine / fish whatever - in games like eldevin / runescape whatever ... Still using mousekeys seems for a normal player like a bot, because it basically doesnt do anything then the same action over and over ... still he is clicking every action manually so it doesnt count as makro / bot in any way.

There are nice tools which can detect clicking behaviour and also read out how the clicks where sent to the server ... I am pretty sure if someone is accused of being a bot, HCS will read out datas from the logs of the accused player ... if not, it would be kinda ... hmm strange ... 

I myself got accused for botting ... well i dont want to even count it anymore ... but as people see i am still on the server and i think 1-2 people cry in chat at least 1 or 2 times about me being botting ... it simple shows that it is not always that easy.

Even if you as a game-mod would be able to teleport me somewhere ... the only thing you would encounter would be me running in circles, because i will go on clicking the same combination on my keyboard ... for mining example: 4 - 4 - 55 - 55 - 55 - 55 - 55 - 55 - 55 - 6 - 6 (clicks for aventurine mining in greenreef) ... 55 = doubleclick, 4 - 4 is moving the mouse cursor for a given amount of cm to the left and 6 6 to the right ... thats all you have to do ... or for bronze or its enough to just click 55 every now and then ...

so if you send me to another area i will go on with the mentioned combination and then run left right left right and you ban me even though i am not doing something forbidden ...

I keep an eye most of the time on the screen - but i just dont care if someone stands next to me doing whatever to get my attention / want to have a "hello" or whatever from me ... 

Most people then start to annoy with "trade-window" which i just put into a corner and leave it open there

So well ... i dont see any real possibilites for normal people without scripts to check if the inputs are manual or automated. If u have any plz let me know for myself im always up for new ideas :)

----

And now to the Topic ... what i think is missing is a simple "report" option when rightclicking a person. So it would be much easier to report people and the rage in every chat would stay lower too ... If you think someone is botting just report him.

Reporting a bot is much more effective if you do it quiet ... A cried out bot-report mostly ends in nothing, because people get warned over and over. 

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#29 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 17:43

Well your mouse click method was illegal in RS.  This I know as I was a player Mod there. I think it should be illegal here to as afk training should not be allowed. Unless they have implemented it in game like with the making of bars and ignots and cooking and jewelery making and even cloth making. If HCS has not implemented it it should not be allowed thus stopping people from accusing you of being a bot.

Edited by jeffslady, 16 January 2014 - 17:44.

#30 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 21:37

then you should probably google it again ... or learn ur rights as a runescape MOD ... i was one too - and there is a Official Statement from Jagex that allows Mousekeys, as it is 100% manual input

And if Mousekeys wouldnt be legal, then it would be totally stupid, because mousekeys is just a normal Windows function for people that doesnt own a computer mouse ...

You are not AFK when using mousekeys. Mousekeys is a programm that allows you to control your computer mouse (if not existant - or from laptop if the touchpad is broken for example) with the NUMPAD

spoiler

the definition of AFK is away from keyboard -> this is not the case using mousekeys ... ur just not monitoring your screen

Edited by Lagenia, 16 January 2014 - 21:44.

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#31 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 23:01

what about making a game of finding bots?

[idea]

(lets name "botting" player XXX)

if you meet someone and think he is botting, you could use "/bet XXX #" commmand. it will discount you # gold coins (max equal to your lvl, you have to have it of course) and shows XXX small popup window (similar to the one when waiting for joining a group confirmation) somewhere on screen, with a count-down decreasing each time XXX performs an action (key or mouse click). like 20->0.

if player XXX confirms the window before counter hits 0, he gets the money you bet and you loose. if he doesnt, you get double and he will be accused of botting.

i can imagine additional visual warning like highlighting screen borders similar to hp getting close to zero, in different color.

some limitations on how many times per day/hr you can use the command or how often you can be investigated may be reasonable. as well as cmd not usable in instances and pvp area. another limitation could be distance of XXX from you (ranged radius?)

[/idea]

Edited by Majjer, 16 January 2014 - 23:08.

style5,Majjer.png

#32 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 23:48

would be the most profitable way to make a real bot even more profitable :P ...

the bot just watches for this window and confirms it and gains money while botting :P

if it wasnt sarkasm post im saying this as a friendly advice - it would make every botter rich :P

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: