23 replies to this topic

#21 Hic242

Hic242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 February 2014 - 19:31

I would like to suggest a PvP World where you do not lose items or xp on death. Instead, I propose that you receive 10 valor points (or some other points) per kill. These points could later be exchanged for great rewards. These points would also lootable for other players so if you die you lose any points that are not "banked".  You will only be able to "bank" them once every 60 minutes. Therefore, in reality, for killing a player you will receive 10 points + however many he/she is carrying. I think it would also be interesting if the top 10 people carrying the most points were listed on the noticeboards scattered across the realm where quests can be found in normal worlds. Perhaps even their level and last known location (where their last kill was) could be listed too.

In order to stop people from exploiting logging out or switching world for safety, I propose that the 60 minute intervals be paused when one goes offline (like buffs currently are) and if someone has killed a player on a pvp world, they will be labelled a pker and can be killed on a regular world for the next hour.

I know that many will oppose this idea as it provides a very "low risk" pvp experience but I feel that "high risk" will only drive many players away. We do not currently have a large community so a pvp world could use all the players it can get.

Just my opinion, feel free to criticize.

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#22 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 23:53

I would like to suggest a PvP World where you do not lose items or xp on death. Instead, I propose that you receive 10 valor points (or some other points) per kill. These points could later be exchanged for great rewards. These points would also lootable for other players so if you die you lose any points that are not "banked".  You will only be able to "bank" them once every 60 minutes. Therefore, in reality, for killing a player you will receive 10 points + however many he/she is carrying. I think it would also be interesting if the top 10 people carrying the most points were listed on the noticeboards scattered across the realm where quests can be found in normal worlds. Perhaps even their level and last known location (where their last kill was) could be listed too.

In order to stop people from exploiting logging out or switching world for safety, I propose that the 60 minute intervals be paused when one goes offline (like buffs currently are) and if someone has killed a player on a pvp world, they will be labelled a pker and can be killed on a regular world for the next hour.

I know that many will oppose this idea as it provides a very "low risk" pvp experience but I feel that "high risk" will only drive many players away. We do not currently have a large community so a pvp world could use all the players it can get.

Just my opinion, feel free to criticize.

the problem with valor points type things is you get people farming lower level ppl for the points.... i could go kill 5-10 lvl 20 rather quickly then bank them and get a rather large amount of points daily. heck could even do the same against lvl 30's.... this just turns out bad for the game always....  

the thing with items dropped.... so ok me a lvl 40, and you a lvl 18 are both just normal players neither of us have a PKer tag.. i kill you i get to loot 1 item and that is my only reward... why would i do that? what would you have that would be worth me killing you for....?? nothing so i wouldn't kill you it simply wouldn't be worth my time or the risk of being tagged PKer

the EXP loss is only if you was already tagged a PKer this aswell as the increased drop loot (regular person gets killed he drops 1 item a person tagged PKer drops 5, 10, or all items) makes it even less likely people will exploit any systems and farm lower level players.. the reward just wouldn't be worth the risk no matter how you slice it...

now on the other hand say i'm at eldevin fountain and truth (yeah it wouldn't happen i love him he's cool) was talking crap and later i caught him out in the wild it might be worth the risk and would be nice if i had the ability to attack him. then he'ld always be able to come back with a friend OR people like ernzor (and how i usualy am) who hunt PK'ers could come find me and it would add more fun to it as then we'ld have a game of cat and mouse...

its nice to have something to hunt and sometimes its nice to be the hunter but if there is no risk then its just as boring as anyhting else..

to the other post about the pk timer... i would think 1st kill = 10 minutes Pker status and its progressing so 2nd kill would add 15 mins (to remaining time, and 3rd kill would add 20 mins.... 

Example:

i kill one person i have a 10 minute Pker status.

i kill 2nd person after 5 mins had passes i now have 20 mins PKer status (5 mins left from the first +15)

i kill 3rd person 10 minutes later and i now have 30 mins PKer status (10 mins from pervious +20)

i really think this system would work being on ALL servers because of the reward/risk system it wouldn't get out of hand and people that wanted to avoid it would be able to fairly easily.. however i wouldn't mind so much it being just locked to 1 server aslong as the players was also locked to that server.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#23 MSDHONI

MSDHONI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:06

i would really like to see open world pvp allowed. and not just you get to kill pvp for valor or anything... here's how my idea would work (its much like in another game i played a LONG time ago and was really the only reason people played the game)

City, towns, and villages are safe zones (eldevin, nidaros, refugee camp.. all of them) there is no killing permitted there...

Any player can kill any other player.

When a player kills a player they get 1 (simi random) item from the bag. devs could make certain things undroppable 

When a player kills another player they are deemed PKer (player killer) and it is annouced in world chat aswell as the zone they are in. 

while tagged as a player killer you can not use group summon, hearth stone, and npc's in towns will attack you so you must hide in the wilderness's.

The player killer status has a fixed time that it lasts if a player hides and doesn't kill any other players the status will be removed.

IF a player does find and kill the player that is tagged as player killer they drop ALL items in their bag and are either reset back to lvl 1 character lvl OR simply reset 5, 10, 15.... levels what ever the community/devs see fit. 

people often hate open world pvp because higher level players tend to farm lower levels and makes a lot of lower levels quit before they even get to get started... but this system make a REALLY high risk for killing a player. so it tends to eliminate that.. yet still allows player killing as an option. 

players would still be able to go to the arena for friendly duals, or que for the 5vrs5 pvp, or go to trappers atoll for pvp without this risk. so wouldn't make it so that all pvp had such a high risk. 

idk.. it's just something i've been thinking about the past few days and something i'ld like to see however i'm pretty sure most the people here wouldn't like the idea so almost didn't post. was bored and figured wth haha 

very good suggestion ......!!

#24 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 19:24

Ummm...no. I play PvE because I like to follow quests and do dungeon groups. That's all. If I wanted PK game I could just go play one of the many many PK games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: