#21 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:16

What do you mean? Legit question. Not sure I understand. You feel they are devaluated because there are more medals or is there something else I’m missing here?

No, my OTHER medal has been devalued.

The one you get for opening chests. The one that only myself and juvi have (as of right now) above silver...

I've been expecting it for a while, eventually everything that you work hard for will be made easier for everyone else. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like a kick to the gentleman area when it happens though.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#22 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:16

Could the guild buffing medal be tweaked just a bit to only apply to active members being buffed?

#23 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:26

No medal for relic capture?

#24 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:29

where is the GvG medals ????!!!

clock96.gif

#25 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:29

@Hoof... just had a sudden thought.

Could we maybe get it so that the Guild Medals also show up in the Guild Log?

Realizing that some might not like that idea, maybe it could be one of the Guild Preferences to have them shown or not?

Obviously not pressing, but does seem to be in the spirit of the whole idea. (o0

Edited by Egami, 21 February 2014 - 15:29.

#26 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:36

awesome job hoof..i like the way you did it..everything reset to be fair to all...excellent...2 major updates in 2 days..great work...hopefully soon the arena will get it's update...needed badly..good lcuk making arena better...love these medals..and those complaining about this de-valueing thier medals..get over it..you dont money off them, i have to agree that if player leaves guild..medals for them are lost..needs to be more incentive for players to stay with thier guilds.....keep up the great work hoof and bg

Edited by yodamus, 21 February 2014 - 15:37.

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:39

So you can just pay someone to strip off all their gear and constantly attack your relic and fail? If I remember right, if someone fails to take a relic they can try again immediately.

We'll have diamond by tomorrow!

Hmmm, the only way around this would be to change it to successful captures, but then guilds could just swap relics to get it. Is it a major issue do you think?

#28 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:53

21_1.png21_2.png21_3.png21_4.png21_5.png21_6.png
Guild Treasurer
Use bank deposits for a guild.

1000 deposits for Diamond is a bit weak.. it should be increased

#29 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 15:58

Hmmm, the only way around this would be to change it to successful captures, but then guilds could just swap relics to get it. Is it a major issue do you think?

just add a medal for successful captures in as well..

some people will cheat to get theirs but there will be some out there that will get it with honor which is all that matters.. its only a medal and it doesn't have any benefits so no reason to worry

#30 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:01

So you can just pay someone to strip off all their gear and constantly attack your relic and fail? If I remember right, if someone fails to take a relic they can try again immediately.

We'll have diamond by tomorrow!

maybe look into changing how soon we can try to capture the same relic after we fail.. there should be a time limit even if it is just a handful of minutes or as much as another hour. 

#31 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:01

......, i have to agree that if player leaves guild..medals for them are lost..needs to be more incentive for players to stay with thier guilds.....keep up the great work hoof and bg

I don't think that's a good thing, since the guild in itself should be incentive enough. There should be more incentive for guilds to treat their members right and stay active, if anything.

People need to feel that they won't get punished for swapping guilds, if they aren't happy in the guild they are in. There is already a medal that punishes them (guild loyalty), so why make it even more rough? 

Edited by Mzzery, 21 February 2014 - 16:03.

og3DxyP.gif

#32 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:12

Thats good, but how about a reward for those medals, as the word was about a while ago. Something bound for each player to reflect his aproach and dedication to the game.

Please no, there are too many "rewards" in the game already. Medals are the reward.  Perhaps not utilitarian in nature, but recognition nonetheless.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#33 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:13

People need to feel that they won't get punished for swapping guilds, if they aren't happy in the guild they are in. There is already a medal that punishes them (guild loyalty), so why make it even more rough? 

The flip side of this idea is that when one switches guilds they have something to work for.

These are guild-based medals. You switch to another, you need to put your time in there. It's not a punsihment, just a new start.

All the more reason for those wasting their time in a lame Guild to move... PS, we've got space open, lmao!

Along the same lines... I oddly enough agree with Hoof's early comment about why already achieved things are not included. It makes sense to me. Now I have to do the Guild Booster Diamond all over again... but hey, I'm fine with that, hehe.

#34 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:17

The flip side of this idea is that when one switches guilds they have something to work for.

These are guild-based medals. You switch to another, you need to put your time in there. It's not a punsihment, just a new start.

All the more reason for those wasting their time in a lame Guild to move... PS, we've got space open, lmao!

Along the same lines... I oddly enough agree with Hoof's early comment about why already achieved things are not included. It makes sense to me. Now I have to do the Guild Booster Diamond all over again... but hey, I'm fine with that, hehe.

I am fine with starting from scratch too... but it wouldn't be good for the game to lock people into guilds even more, by making more guild-bound medals. Way too many people quit instead of moving to a more active guild, when theirs die, and boredom sets in. It's not good, and shouldn't be encouraged by even more guild-bound medals. The guild loyalty medal is enough for that purpose.

og3DxyP.gif

#35 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:20

How do you defend 5 relics?

#36 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:20

maybe look into changing how soon we can try to capture the same relic after we fail.. there should be a time limit even if it is just a handful of minutes or as much as another hour. 

A medal gets introduced and we want to tweak game mechanics around it? isn't that cart before horse? Has anyone complained of that 'problem' before? I do not recall.

And as I've said before, there should NEVER be any link between medals and in game bonuses or benefits, as almost all medals can be, ahem, manipulated. Medals should be their own reward.

These medals should not be lost between guilds - they could become a good passport for players - showing that they have contributed to their guild in the past.

I'd like a relic sitting medal (huge duration involved if folk think it is too 'easy' to get) - man it is like herding cats sometimes to get those guys to return to base....

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#37 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:21

no need. not any different than buffing doubler / QF on every guild member and depositing 1 gold.  some are always looking for the easiest / fastest way to a reward.

#38 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:22

I see these as a Small step forward.. But I can also see them being abused and exploited to get.. Most of the Bronze medals are  easy to get... But for some of the higher tiered medals I can see that people do put in a lot of time...

#39 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:25

the name of the medal is Defender of the Realm.

it should be a guild controls a relic for x durations.

no need. not any different than buffing doubler / QF on every guild member and depositing 1 gold.  some are always looking for the easiest / fastest way to a reward.

plenty of ways to make it difficult to achieve.

Edited by Gorrent, 21 February 2014 - 16:33.

#40 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:28

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. You can buff everyone doubler 26, then doubler 27, then doubler 28... if you have the stam to burn and a desperate desire for the medal.

THAT is why no rewards for medals.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: