Edited by Dasan, 27 March 2014 - 14:33.

#22 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 15:04

how come classes only call for other classes to be nerfed, rather than their own class? be constructive and not selfish :D

so true :)

8TLwd.jpg

#23 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 15:42

it seems to me they do it so that no one can get ahead of them or enjoy the game just my opinion

#24 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:46

It's a trend in every MMO I've tried.

What class is most underpowered and in need of a buff?  Whatever class(es) I'm playing.

What class is most overpowered and needs a nerf?  Every DPS class I have no intention of playing.

BTW, the ranger is really underpowered.  We should reverse the nerf to Fleetfoot and Envenom.  :)

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#25 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:02

Maelstrom is close combat. While you hit the mobs, they will hit you back... I tend to use an stun before I start with Maelstrom, hoping to be able to do enough damage to kill enough of the mobs, so that I can heal up enough to continue.  While Maelstrom is active you can barely move around, so there is no running away, while they beat you up. You can't stop it, you can't heal as long Maelstrom is active, s if the other side is doing more damage then expecte you will end up dead....

To be honest, i think mages are overpowered. they are the only class that can use selfheal + cauterize efective enough during combat to be worthwhile. So, I would suggest make selfheal buffs depending on the energy stat :)

#26 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:06

Maelstrom is close combat. While you hit the mobs, they will hit you back... I tend to use an stun before I start with Maelstrom, hoping to be able to do enough damage to kill enough of the mobs, so that I can heal up enough to continue.  While Maelstrom is active you can barely move around, so there is no running away, while they beat you up. You can't stop it, you can't heal as long Maelstrom is active, s if the other side is doing more damage then expecte you will end up dead....

To be honest, i think mages are overpowered. they are the only class that can use selfheal + cauterize efective enough during combat to be worthwhile. So, I would suggest make selfheal buffs depending on the energy stat :)

EXACTLY^

maelstorm is the only channel timed move that you can't opt out of,once you are in it you are in it till the end you cant run or heal. Storm,DB for examples you can just move away and pot while running away or so. This alone right here is why maelstrom needs to maintain its current output.

Edited by HuMoR, 29 March 2014 - 14:40.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#27 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:41

+1

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#28 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 29 March 2014 - 14:04

Maelstrom is fine.  I don't see an need for every class to be an AoE class...

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#29 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 14:34

3167760-jack_sparrow_wut_by_zackfair1219

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users