Photo

Possible Smasher Medal Changes

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Should all hits count towards the medal? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should all hits count towards the medal?

1. Yes, with restrictions (16 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Yes, with no restrictions (3 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. No, keep it how it is (17 votes [47.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 17:09

I doubt they dropped like a stone because 48 hours of active PvP happened.. Ruby medals came out the same day as the Smasher Medal, i don't see how online activity dropped because the ruby medals alone would of kept them high. New additions to the game always boost numbers, even more so during ones that reward activity

Plus numbers drop for a number of reasons, not just one.. 

You doubt they dropped because of the smasher medal. I beg to differ. We are both in the dark as to the truth. Many were the anecdotes from both sides of the smasher fence that indicated disgusted and disgruntled players who downed tools. But they are anecdotes and not evidence. I recall the numbers dropping, but freely admit that memory is faulty. If someone had screenshots from those days pre introduction and say 2 days post nerfing we'd have a solid basis for discussion. Anyone with those - feel free to post them, I'll happily stand corrected. (After we have a debate about photoshopping! LOL!)

Of course HCS could weigh in - but why would they want to on such a toxic subject?

I do not agree either than new additions always boost numbers - if that were so we'd not have a numbers problem. Has composing boosted online numbers? I don't see it. We have been stable high 300's to high 600's for the last wee while. the 300's are an unhappy thing to see and I think is newer. If composing has boosted online activity, are those numbers folk playing, or just dropping in and out to crank out a potion? Does that represent a benefit to the game? It is good for HCS as more click traffic is a win for them, and I'm happy to contribute on that basis!

Edited by Belaric, 03 April 2014 - 17:11.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#22 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 April 2014 - 21:15

It is, but have you seen the ladder recently? It's not a "pvp" ladder anymore, it's a place people go to farm up ticks for their dominance medal.

And this is exactly why I think the ladder ranges should be removed from the game. From the outside looking in it looks as though it hurt the global PVP aspect since it separated everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong but the very first ladder had NO level ranges and was a free for all right? I honestly feel that would be the better path to keep PVPing fun because the like-minded players will want to earn the right to be top 5. The players that join the ladder just to sit and gain free tokens won't get anywhere because the true and active PVPers will gain all the top spots/tokens/etc.

When the Cows change the No-PVP Ladder Bounties update they should throw in the removal of PVP ranges. They would serve well together because friends won't be able to work together to bounty an enemy for rating.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#23 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:01

This suggestion suffers from the same problem as post suggestion players gain XP from PVP hits: it means that players lose any control over whether or not they are to become targets. I'm tempted just to point to my response there (http://forums.hunted...e=2#entry860029).

For players that like PVP (or would like a stronger form of PVP), this seems not to be a problem. For players that hate PVP (and I do not overstate the emotion by saying "hate") it is a *major* problem.

The fact is, FS currently has both sets of players in the game (i.e. those that like and those that hate). Everyone speculates about how many there are at both extremes, but nobody really knows. I really don't think the FS community is big enough that it can afford to lose either camp. If you want to keep those that dislike PVP, then you must allow them to control (to some extent) their risk of being hit. By making the rewards for PVP indpendent of the victim (as happens with prestige, and would happen with this proposed smasher change - or the alternative XP gain thread) you remove any semblance of that control from players.

And while you (Tehmelon) say people can avoid it through protection - that is a very expensive route, and one that a lot of players cannot afford to take.

#24 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:24

> March 30th - Smasher Medal nerf'd to only include BB/Ladder hits..

Smasher on the bb is the biggest deterrent to pvp ever enacted. A lot of pvpers pretty much quit over it. :( 

#25 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:57

I can't see a reason to disagree.

I enjoy the occasional attack, but like Crzy stated, what's the point of attacking a player with epics, and no buffs? 

I would think that you hardcore pvpers would be looking for a challenge, Not just somebody who is going to bring you closer to your smasher medal. 

Voted Yes, with Restrictions. :) 

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: