Photo

So Ladder Hits Are Still Bountyable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Bountying Ladder Hits (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Change it back or fix it?

1. Leave attacks bountyable (21 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Fix it so attacks can't be bountyied (27 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

Vote

#21 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:34

please consider the possibility that management makes changes, moves the game in certain directions, based on what the majority of their $$$/customers/$$$ want

I believe you may consider that is a possibility. My question in response is how do they know? Do they take polls? No, not really. There are occasional polls here in the forum, many of which aren't even followed. Are there questionnaires? No. Where do they get their information about what players want? Here in the forum? Because if the steady decline in numbers playing the game over the last year or so is any indication of their aptitude in reading players, then maybe they should be listening to other sources, start asking questions again. I've been around long enough to remember when Hoof was a regular participant in this very forum. Those days are long gone. Now we might be lucky to catch a 15 minute glimpse. No, I'm saddened to say we are witnessing developer resources being used elsewhere. I can accept changes I dislike. What I feel I must do is speak up when there becomes a lack of adequate game support.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#22 Luminaire

Luminaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:24

I've never got why Ladder hits should be bountied. If you can't fight it out, then perhaps you shouldn't be on the ladder, and if someone's being a total jerk there's other ways to skin a weasel. Never ran into the desire to bounty anyone on the ladder, when I had a problem I I just kept 100 stamming even in one case when asked by a top 3 guild why I was being "mean". Yes, so mean didn't want to "give them" 1st place and hit their crystal - pffft To that guild's credit they laughed off their player's whines.

If player places ladder hits everyone who does ladder knows to bounty that player and delevel 5(; That's how we take care of our own. Plus everyone also forgets everyone else and smashes that one player (: All good in taking care of ourselves. I like parties, So do many others.. SO why remove bountiable ladder hits. By the way I'm not singling your post out you're one of many and this is my opinion. so this is to all on this players side :D

#23 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 13:06

.....we are witnessing developer resources being used elsewhere.....

the phrase "a majority of their customers" may then apply to this new generation of mobile app users; playing  tank battle, civil war, debonair facial hair (<----- i'm serious, look it up), etc.

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2014 - 13:54

This fix is on Zorg's shortlist but he has a few other things that take priority. Please be patient.

~ Grim

#25 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 July 2014 - 13:59

Great, BG, and thanks... Glad to know this is being addressed.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#26 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:11

Now it's possible to hit ladder participants and enable PvP protection, being removed from the Ladder, and not have a chance to return a hit OR BOUNTY. This is the perfect example where the player deserves to be punished with losing 5 levels!

Please return it so ladder hits are bountyable. Hoof? Zorg? Grimm?

Edited by BigGrim, 21 July 2014 - 09:31.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#27 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:21

At first I did not really care about boutying ladder hits but anything that encourages more pvp sounds good to me and more bounties is definitely much needed.

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:02

Now it's possible to hit ladder participants and enable PvP protection, being removed from the Ladder, and not have a chance to return a hit OR BOUNTY. This is the perfect example where the player deserves to be punished with losing 5 levels!

Please return it so ladder hits are bountyable. Hoof? Zorg? Grimm?

PS And this time I'm unable to bounty of course. Don't know if there was anything fixed as there is no longer any communication on this subject going on 3 weeks. Feels awfully like Sigmastorm did before game support was shut off.

Darlin', you can't opt in, hit, then opt out to avoid being hit back... It doesn't work that way.  The opt out occurs AFTER the ladder resets... 

And all protection after a ladder hit does is show the ineptitude of the player who does so... But don't try to punish us all for what no more than a rare few will do....

My 2 Pennys

Edited by BigGrim, 21 July 2014 - 09:30.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#29 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 16:22

Darlin', you can't opt in, hit, then opt out to avoid being hit back... It doesn't work that way.  The opt out occurs AFTER the ladder resets... 

And all protection after a ladder hit does is show the ineptitude of the player who does so... But don't try to punish us all for what no more than a rare few will do....

My 2 Pennys

Actually Penny,  once you've opted in and show on the *ladder* after a reset, you can hit anyone and anyone you want, then  *remove* yourself from the ladder by purchasing protection. The effect is immediate.  Players sometimes did this before in the past, but could still be bountied. 

#30 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 17:29

Seems the issue is with pvp protection auto opting you out of the ladder, I agree this needs fixing, make it so that pvp protection either:

Can't be bought while on the ladder

or  Has no effect while person is on the ladder, i.e. person remains on the ladder until it resets and they opt-out

However I don't think it is right to make ladder hits bounty-able again as seems to be suggested, this specific issue can be fixed without doing that.

The battle needs to be fought on the ladder, not the board.

I still can't understand why some people so strongly want to be able to bounty opponents.

Edited by sohail94, 20 July 2014 - 17:53.

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:29

So now it's possible to hit ladder participants and enable PvP protection, being removed from the Ladder, and not have a chance to return a hit OR BOUNTY. This is the perfect example where the player deserves to be punished with losing 5 levels!

But if they are no longer participating in the Ladder, why does this matter?

And no, Ladder hits will not be made bountyable again, so please stop asking.

#32 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 14:34

I'd be upset with the possibility that they hit you and then left the ladder before you hit them.. Then they are probably out of your range so they got some free hits

#33 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 14:46

Because NOW you are able to attack another player on the ladder then bow out and not be accountable, be scot-free(pun intended) from further attacks on the ladder. It is no different than attacking a player and using PvP protection except in this case you are held accountable because you can be bountied! In essence you get free attacks for the cost of two fsp. The PvP Ladder is being used as a shield, the exact OPPOSITE of it's intention. Please change this so at the very least you can be bountied when you opt out of the Ladder for Ladder hits alone OR you cannot opt out of the Ladder until the next cycle. The latter may require a warning pop up when you tick the opt-in option so players can't complain that they didn't know they would lose xp.

[Signature removed]

#34 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 15:36

Because NOW you are able to attack another player on the ladder then bow out and not be accountable, be scot-free(pun intended) from further attacks on the ladder. It is no different than attacking a player and using PvP protection except in this case you are held accountable because you can be bountied! In essence you get free attacks for the cost of two fsp. The PvP Ladder is being used as a shield, the exact OPPOSITE of it's intention. Please change this so at the very least you can be bountied when you opt out of the Ladder for Ladder hits alone OR you cannot opt out of the Ladder until the next cycle. The latter may require a warning pop up when you tick the opt-in option so players can't complain that they didn't know they would lose xp.

I will repeat...

YOU CANNOT HIT, THEN OPT OUT OF THE LADDER TO KEEP FROM BEING HIT!

The opt out does not occur until AFTER the ladder reset.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#35 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 19:41

I will repeat...

YOU CANNOT HIT, THEN OPT OUT OF THE LADDER TO KEEP FROM BEING HIT!

The opt out does not occur until AFTER the ladder reset.

As mae said above, if you purchase PvP protection whilst on the ladder you are AUTOMATICALLY opted out, so in theory you can hit anyone on the ladder and then buy protection and you're off and away without any possibility of retaliation if the players are not in your 10 level range, I agree this is wrong and needs fixing and have suggested methods of fixing this in my post above.

However, we have to be careful here not to get carried away and assume this is happening on a large scale and being exploited, the way luis describes it is as if everyone and their dog is opting in, hitting others and then buying protection and getting off scot free, that is certainly not happening.

I'm not surprised that luis hasn't explained what happened in his case for him to come here and demand a change, the other party happens to be my guildmate (didn't know this until now) and having heard what they said about this issue it is clear that they didn't hit first and opt out and 'get away', would be great if luis told us what happened.

I'm glad  BG is firm about ladder hits not being bountyable, this small issue can be fixed without doing that as I said in my post as luis has suggested : PvP protection should have no effect while on the ladder and the player remains on the ladder until the next cycle and is only opted out if they un tick the box.

I have no intentions of flaming the thread and did not know the party in question was my guildmate up until now, however I'm not surprised really that luis has avoided explaining what actually happened and posted an extreme scenario which didn't happen just to get his point across, again still waiting to be convinced why it should be a god given right to be able to bounty ladder hits when anything that happens on the ladder can be sorted out on the ladder.

#36 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:49

As mae said above, if you purchase PvP protection whilst on the ladder you are AUTOMATICALLY opted out, so in theory you can hit anyone on the ladder and then buy protection and you're off and away without any possibility of retaliation if the players are not in your 10 level range, I agree this is wrong and needs fixing and have suggested methods of fixing this in my post above.

However, we have to be careful here not to get carried away and assume this is happening on a large scale and being exploited, the way luis describes it is as if everyone and their dog is opting in, hitting others and then buying protection and getting off scot free, that is certainly not happening.

I'm not surprised that luis hasn't explained what happened in his case for him to come here and demand a change, the other party happens to be my guildmate (didn't know this until now) and having heard what they said about this issue it is clear that they didn't hit first and opt out and 'get away', would be great if luis told us what happened.

I'm glad  BG is firm about ladder hits not being bountyable, this small issue can be fixed without doing that as I said in my post as luis has suggested : PvP protection should have no effect while on the ladder and the player remains on the ladder until the next cycle and is only opted out if they un tick the box.

I have no intentions of flaming the thread and did not know the party in question was my guildmate up until now, however I'm not surprised really that luis has avoided explaining what actually happened and posted an extreme scenario which didn't happen just to get his point across, again still waiting to be convinced why it should be a god given right to be able to bounty ladder hits when anything that happens on the ladder can be sorted out on the ladder.

This is not a theory. It is happening. It has happened to me already. Out of curiosity, under your seemingly cavalier attitude toward this, how many players would need to employ this nefarious tactic before it can be labeled an exploit?

I don't care if it's your best friend, your guildmate, whoever. What details do you need from me? I have explained, not an extreme case, but a simple one of how players are now able to attack others and not be held to the standards of the game for a simple 2 fsp. This is a result of the new unbountyable Ladder.

I'm fine with BG taking a stance, at least someone will. Then at the very least we should have players unable to bail out of the Ladder through buying PvP protection. If you think this is a minor issue then look at it this way: it goes against the very core of how PvP has risk in this game. If someone hits me on the Ladder, buys PvP protection and is jettisoned from the Ladder, I want retribution. I should be able to hit them back while the same Ladder cycle is in place.

[Signature removed]

#37 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 20:24

...stuff

I'm fine with BG taking a stance, at least someone will. Then at the very least we should have players unable to bail out of the Ladder through buying PvP protection. If you think this is a minor issue then look at it this way: it goes against the very core of how PvP has risk in this game. If someone hits me on the Ladder, buys PvP protection and is jettisoned from the Ladder, I want retribution. I should be able to hit them back while the same Ladder cycle is in place.

I was not aware that this was happening, and if so, it is appalling... Why play if you're going to protect?  Lame, really...

My 2 Pennys

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#38 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:41

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:26

This was the date I posted this broken update

This fix is on Zorg's shortlist but he has a few other things that take priority. Please be patient.

~ Grim

I know patience is a virtue, but does it need to be a struggle? Bountys are still possible on Ladder hits. I have one now. I wouldn't be so adamant except this was a botched update to start.

I wish I would have had one on the player who hit on the Ladder then opted out.

To summarize, we have two issues: Ladder hits still being bountyable some of the time AND being able to opt out of the Ladder scot-free without being held accountable for attacks.

Please fix!

[Signature removed]

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:59

Bounties on the Ladder have been fixed. We'll discuss whether the PvP Protection thing is an issue.

#40 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 14:00

Thank you.

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: