Photo

Ladder & BB: Interval between hits when deflected

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Time interval between hits on ladder and BB after deflected hits (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Should interval between hits on Ladder & BB when deflected be made progressively smaller?

1. Yes (30 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (20 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 21:43

10 players voted so far "no" and out of them only 2 (Rebornjedi and morbids) had the ***** to give their reason, thanks

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#22 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 21:48

I voted no. My opinion has always been that deflect should be negated on the ladder, period. They chose the ladder to be attacked and to attack back. It is a player chosen contest. Let the best player win. The deflect buff is overpowered when it comes to this.

The bounty board is another matter. Players for the most part do not choose to be on the bounty board and should be permitted any means to outlast the timer. In the future I would love to see a medal for survived bounties!!!

you can only get on the BB if you hit a player

it was your choice, your decision to hit the player

Edited by mary4ever, 30 July 2014 - 21:48.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:15

I voted no. My opinion has always been that deflect should be negated on the ladder, period. They chose the ladder to be attacked and to attack back. It is a player chosen contest. Let the best player win. The deflect buff is overpowered when it comes to this.

I agree here.

The bounty board is another matter. Players for the most part do not choose to be on the bounty board and should be permitted any means to outlast the timer. In the future I would love to see a medal for survived bounties!!!

I beg to differ. Those of us that appear on the bounty board choose to be there just by the fact that we attacked somebody and accepted that risk... And with a 48 hr timer, anyone would be hard pressed to outlast it

Edited by BadPenny, 30 July 2014 - 22:16.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:17

Thanks for clarifying your rationale for voting no morbids, much appreciated. I agree with you on this, but as I already responded to jonathan who had a similar viewpoint, I don't see this change happening which is why I came up with this alternative suggestion.

#25 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:20

I voted yes, both for ladder and BB. Deflect shouldn't be able to protect someone in epic gear for up to 6-8 hours, and yes, this has happened to me before, plenty of times.

+100 can't agree with you more melons! Find it so frustrating and frankly entirely disrespectful of the ladder and the other participants when folks sit out there in epics with deflect on. Makes a mockery of the whole thing and is illustrative of the extreme influence deflect has on the ladder that people are confident enough about doing this. Which is an absolute shame as when played by active and interested participants it is perhaps the most stimulating of game plays in FS.

Edited by bleacher12, 30 July 2014 - 22:21.

#26 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:21

I voted no. Deflect has been a part of the game for a long time and while at times it can be annoying I think it should be left as it is. When I played the BB I had a love/hate relationship with Deflect. Loved it for my own use, hated it when someone I was trying to clear was using it. However, as it was a part of the game I just shrugged and accepted the fact that there would be times when I would get deflected.  

#27 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:24

I voted no. Deflect has been a part of the game for a long time and while at times it can be annoying I think it should be left as it is. When I played the BB I had a love/hate relationship with Deflect. Loved it for my own use, hated it when someone I was trying to clear was using it. However, as it was a part of the game I just shrugged and accepted the fact that there would be times when I would get deflected.  

Thanks! But the suggested change does not change Deflect itself, you may still get deflect 10 times in a row, all it does is allow you to try again quicker, why do you disagree with that? Given both the Ladder and Bounties were created to be hit?

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:29

I voted yes, but for me Deflect should work on a completelly different way.

Deflect should be just like SSI, higher the levels more 'Deflect HP' you'll have, after 6 times (?) the buff will be knocked out and you'll lose it, until you or someone else give you the buff.

But, of course, still with the same % of chance to activate.

#29 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:37

Deflect should be just like SSI, higher the levels more 'Deflect HP' you'll have, after 6 times (?) the buff will be knocked out and you'll lose it, until you or someone else give you the buff.

That is actually a very interesting suggestion and a very different way of looking at it. At first look it seems very appealing but need to think about how it impacts the game overall. I mean to a degree it doesn't really alleviate the problem on the ladder if folks are good at rebuffing and the ladder gives you plenty of time to do that since hits interval is 1 hour, but on the board or in GVG this would work well.

Though, the cows have shown a major disinclination to change deflect which is why I came up with this narrow alternative focused on 2 areas where hitting is the norm. Definitely something you should float as a a separate idea independent of this suggestion.

Edited by bleacher12, 30 July 2014 - 22:44.

#30 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:51

That is actually a very interesting suggestion and a very different way of looking at it. At first look it seems very appealing but need to think about how it impacts the game overall. I mean to a degree it doesn't really alleviate the problem on the ladder if folks are good at rebuffing and the ladder gives you plenty of time to do that since hits interval is 1 hour, but on the board or in GVG this would work well.

Though, the cows have shown a major disinclination to change deflect which is why I came up with this narrow alternative focused on 2 areas where hitting is the norm. Definitely something you should float as a a separate idea independent of this suggestion.

For me the Deflect interval should be 2 minutes, just like GvG, with 1 hour interval between succesfully hits.

That will give you time to change gear and buff up if you're online, and to accept the hit if you're offline, no one will waste 300 stamina buffing to hit to have a miss hit. (Ok, maybe 5-10 minutes, don't know)

#31 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 00:36

Interesting idea.  I think instead of HP, it could less % to activate per hit? Now this less % chance to active wouldn't be on every player, just the one player who is being deflected. 

Edited by Melons, 31 July 2014 - 00:36.

#32 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 00:42

Though, I do think the Deflect buff needs to be nerfed a little.  Yes, there is Anti-Deflect, Spell Breaker blah blah, but really SB, SL, or/and Reckoning won't activate if the attack is deflected.  So, either A. Nerf Deflect or B. Increase the activation rate of AD?

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Melons, 31 July 2014 - 00:43.

#33 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:02

Interesting idea.  I think instead of HP, it could less % to activate per hit? Now this less % chance to active wouldn't be on every player, just the one player who is being deflected. 

That's a good idea, but that way we will need a lot of coding and to think on a way to show the % of chance to activate only for the player who is hitting, and different for everyone else. And if the player who are receiving the hits hits 0% chance of active the Deflect against the attacker only the player can de-activate and re-activate Deflect again.

btw, how do you imagine the 'cooldown' on the hits can work? 
If the player reach 0% chance of activate Deflect, how he can pop-up to the normal buff again? After X hours, re-activating the buff, once a day....?

#34 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:27

That's a good idea, but that way we will need a lot of coding and to think on a way to show the % of chance to activate only for the player who is hitting, and different for everyone else. And if the player who are receiving the hits hits 0% chance of active the Deflect against the attacker only the player can de-activate and re-activate Deflect again.

btw, how do you imagine the 'cooldown' on the hits can work? 
If the player reach 0% chance of activate Deflect, how he can pop-up to the normal buff again? After X hours, re-activating the buff, once a day....?

Yes, I didn't take that into consideration while replying. It will indeed be a hard thing to implement, so instead of making this cooldown per hit or Deflect HP, why not just nerf the buff or increase the % of Anti-Deflect working (like I stated in my previous post)?  I'm not a coder, but surely those options are less coding work ,than changing how the whole buff works. 

The main problem is stemming from the insane activation rate of it happening at times, right?  Though I do like Bleacher's OP, I doubt the cows would change the whole way the buff works, unless this gains mass attention and positive votes. Instead, I could see them change the rate of the buff.  An easy and quick solution. 

Edited by Melons, 31 July 2014 - 01:37.

#35 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:36

I havent placed my vote yet,  BUT, *ducks head for smacks* the timing on the BB is two minute intervals....when i am confronted with a deflected hit of mine...i am able to get around it some times by alternating my attack timing....usually works till im deflected again.  This is no problem on the BB really.  *waits for head smacking to stop* THO  I AGREE 100% with the LADDER hit intervals being shorter if deflected.....having played a few ladders, it STINKS to be deflected and have to wait another hour an HOPE you dont get deflected again, especially not knowing when it will reset. And now i will place my yes vote, tho as stated, i will go down fighting for the ladder "deflect" to change......but given a choice....id keep BB the same. *runs before more smacks are given* lol

Edited by lapdragon, 31 July 2014 - 01:37.

#36 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:38

I'm a 100% on board with bleacher12 on this....deflect is way to powerful, in which, if your participating in the Ladder or on the BB you are basically saying to the FS world "Want Some...Come get Some" :D why the heck would you use Deflect, and if someone buffed you with it I fully agree that it should be minimized in these 2 aspects of PvPing....nice Forum bleacher :)

Edited by Brice, 31 July 2014 - 02:43.

#37 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:40

That is a seriously great idea. 

Edited by bunnybee, 31 July 2014 - 02:41.

#38 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:25

Deflect has and will gain more ways to bypass its frustration

And this is another great suggestion!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#39 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:01

I voted no because i wanted to vote no ..well i could add more but i dont see the need to justify why i voted

#40 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:04

I voted "no" because i dont want anyone getting the idea i want any form of deflect. It's the original anti-pvp buff and has no place in.... what used to be a pvp game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: