49 replies to this topic

#21 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 20:22

Much more to the point: the individual qualification for ruby in 2012 and 2013 was 25000, not 9000.

If you look on the main event thread, someone has gone back and noted that the average contribution from the top 100 is about 25% of the total kills (gets up to 43%, but I think that was for some of the very low qualification frag stash events). That could amount to more than 30M kills to be made up by the more competitive/eager/community-minded.

PS I think you will find all the other activities were there last year too, so the only differences are (1) lower players-online number, and (2) the much lower qualification level. I think the big difference is the latter.

I didnt realize this. This isnt a complaint just a suggestion.  I think they should have either a higher qualification level depending on the event  or a magic WIN level ..say for this event 100,000 K you get a 100,000 kills you went to enough houses ..youve earned the RUBY chests( whether we made the 50,000,000 mill or not) you get the TREAT :) just my thoughts

Edited by bloody18, 01 November 2014 - 20:23.

#22 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 20:49

I've always and will continue to be against live adjustments toward global quest goals and time limit

Edited by RebornJedi, 01 November 2014 - 20:50.

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 November 2014 - 20:58

I agree, Padawan, I know that we have the potential to have flown through this during a normal GE, but this time, everybody had to decide where to use their stam, there just wasn't enough to do it all, at least for me.... I only hit 1 LE, and that was in error.. Of course, I'm keeping the little dude's body as a memento (OK, I admit it, I can't find an open spot to bury it.... Hope it doesn't make my BP smell funny)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:22

The biggest push this time has come at the end. With many of the previous globals, there was an initial surge (until the regulars hit their personal target) then a big slow down in the middle and slight pick up at the end. This time around the last 10 hours have been a huge improvement on the middle section.

We are currently 1hr from the end, with 5 mil kills left to go, in the previous hour just over 3 million was added to the total. Even if we end just short of the line, the efforts that have been made in the final furlong are commendable and heartening to see. I can actually say that I am happy to have been pushed off the bottom of the top 100 list this morning ^_^

Edited by Dowster, 02 November 2014 - 11:34.

#25 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:39

Yeah I got knocked off myself even after a second go at it v.v a pleasant suprise still not seeing ruby as achievable unless hooftest jumps in...but he's got the weekend off so it'll be a close one strangely people keep buffing me and I'm out of stamina xD like go kill the monsters quit wasting stam 

Edited by xAnonemesisx, 02 November 2014 - 11:40.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#26 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 13:33

"The way I see it.....well, it's all kind of blurry..."

Yep, a lot of stuff going on.  But then again, it's all free stuff.  No one had to pony up any fsp to fight the ghoulies and ghosties, and long leggity beasties. (like that werewolf  :wub: )  The amount of zombie cocktails out there currently boggles the imagination, not to mention the various potions and the ever popular ice scream.

A point that might be considered regarding the higher qualifying kills, is the higher level composing potions out there.  Arguably there were more, and higher level Conserve and Lightfoot available, as well as Animal Magnetism, then there were last year.  This might have been thrown into the decision to raise the kill points, even with the possibility of fewer players in the mix. 

The bottom line is:  Did you enjoy the event/s?  I haven't seen any comments to the effect of, "Yeuk!" (you can use your own favorite expression of displeasure if you like)  Keep in mind it's not yet over, there's still time to go out and try to get one of the endangered species of titans.

#27 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2014 - 23:55

"The way I see it.....well, it's all kind of blurry..."

Yep, a lot of stuff going on.  But then again, it's all free stuff.  No one had to pony up any fsp to fight the ghoulies and ghosties, and long leggity beasties. (like that werewolf  :wub: )  The amount of zombie cocktails out there currently boggles the imagination, not to mention the various potions and the ever popular ice scream.

A point that might be considered regarding the higher qualifying kills, is the higher level composing potions out there.  Arguably there were more, and higher level Conserve and Lightfoot available, as well as Animal Magnetism, then there were last year.  This might have been thrown into the decision to raise the kill points, even with the possibility of fewer players in the mix. 

The bottom line is:  Did you enjoy the event/s?  I haven't seen any comments to the effect of, "Yeuk!" (you can use your own favorite expression of displeasure if you like)  Keep in mind it's not yet over, there's still time to go out and try to get one of the endangered species of titans.

I pumped 200 fsps into this GE xD though optional I know in the future where they won't go hope everyone in them top guilds that were only thinking of themselves got all the riches you set out for even though you got plenty as it is, to everyone else your efforts were valiant but still didn't hit the target as I thought 

#28 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:10

sadly the only ppl we can blame is ourselves. if you know you did the most you could with the stam you had, then i take my hat off to you as you did all you could.. however if you sat and did 9k kills with the hope that others would pick up the slack, but you could reap the benefit then i hope you get nothing.. the whole point of a global is that no one alone can do it but working as a team for the betterment of all we can.. could we get 50 mill kills? yep easily, we could double it if the game as a whole wanted to ..its jut ppl choose not too, myself i used 500fsp at the end just to boost the score iceman66 spent 1k fsp he didnt need to he was already top100 but like me he choose to try boost the score as we was getting close..it sadden me to hear ppl say they did 9k kills and that was it yet sitting on 50k plus stam ...so was the event plausable yes it was as there was plenty of ppl with the stam but for what ever reason they choose not to help everyone benefit and did nothing

Edited by hades8840, 03 November 2014 - 00:19.

#29 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:54

Good effort guys, better luck next event.  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#30 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:09

sadly the only ppl we can blame is ourselves. if you know you did the most you could with the stam you had, then i take my hat off to you as you did all you could.. however if you sat and did 9k kills with the hope that others would pick up the slack, but you could reap the benefit then i hope you get nothing.. the whole point of a global is that no one alone can do it but working as a team for the betterment of all we can.. could we get 50 mill kills? yep easily, we could double it if the game as a whole wanted to ..its jut ppl choose not too, myself i used 500fsp at the end just to boost the score iceman66 spent 1k fsp he didnt need to he was already top100 but like me he choose to try boost the score as we was getting close..it sadden me to hear ppl say they did 9k kills and that was it yet sitting on 50k plus stam ...so was the event plausable yes it was as there was plenty of ppl with the stam but for what ever reason they choose not to help everyone benefit and did nothing

Well spending fsps to raise the score kinda puts a blur line between plausible if you mean cheating to hit the marker, though anything is possible obviously so maybe I should have been clear...it's not plausible with the current players in the population, I'm talking with the social breakup of the game there was no way with all the greedy people in this game we were going to hit the 50 mill mark so was it possible? yes maybe a year ago, but not this year too many good players dead. 

#31 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:54

Well spending fsps to raise the score kinda puts a blur line between plausible if you mean cheating to hit the marker, though anything is possible obviously so maybe I should have been clear...it's not plausible with the current players in the population, I'm talking with the social breakup of the game there was no way with all the greedy people in this game we were going to hit the 50 mill mark so was it possible? yes maybe a year ago, but not this year too many good players dead. 

ANYTHING is possible, if enough of the player base

1) Get involved in it

and

2) Do the best they can

We have / had enough players to do the 50 million - but a lot of players (and, in previous GE's I've been guilty of this myself) just do the bare minimum and expect others to pick up the slack. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

One thing we CAN'T do is blame the cows for setting the bar too high - it WAS achievable with enough participation ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#32 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:31

We were about 2,500,000 kills short.

These kills could have been accomplished 
by each player doing just a little more.

4,000 players making   625 more kills. - OR -
2,000 players making 1,250 more kills. - OR -
1,000 players making 2,500 more kills. - OR -
  500 players making 5,000 more kills.

So we weren't really that far off. :)

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:01

Hey there.

Sorry, but as several people in the thread have pointed out, the target was reachable. This year, some people either didn't put in the effort of the previous two years or waited a bit too long to join in, in hopes of reaching the Top 100.

Maybe I shouldn't have lowered the individual targets. I'll know better for next year.

~ Grim

#34 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:15

We were about 2,500,000 kills short.

These kills could have been accomplished 
by each player doing just a little more.

4,000 players making   625 more kills. - OR -
2,000 players making 1,250 more kills. - OR -
1,000 players making 2,500 more kills. - OR -
  500 players making 5,000 more kills.

So we weren't really that far off. :)

I really could easilly have done more 2500 kills now i am sad :(

I just couldnt hold all these zombie brews

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Susej, 03 November 2014 - 10:30.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#35 F03Ca1n

F03Ca1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:27

Increasing personal kills to qualify for ruby tier will be the only way to "encourage" players of all play style to help community achieve Overall Ruby tier.

12,000-15,000 kills should do it.

ZB farmers will risk not getting ruby chest if they have farmed full bp of ZB( Provided they are specificly killing off Halloween Reve only without GB. which will require them 6000 kills to reach 12,000 ) and stop killing before selling off the ZB that is with them.

Same with Titian Hunters. ( Secure 50.1% of titian kills, rest/recover till next Titian Spawn Or hunt with whatever leftover of stam they have to try and reach 12,000 - 15,000 kills. Cant reach Personal Ruby tier while community does? Lose the Ruby themselves. )

Levellers will just have to choose between Potential Ruby Chest reward or couple of level to rise up.

OT: only got 75k+ kills :(

Edited by F03Ca1n, 03 November 2014 - 10:27.

#36 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:47

Hey there.

Sorry, but as several people in the thread have pointed out, the target was reachable. This year, some people either didn't put in the effort of the previous two years or waited a bit too long to join in, in hopes of reaching the Top 100.

Maybe I should have lowered the individual targets. I'll know better for next year.

~ Grim

Umm, don't you mean RAISED, big guy?  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#37 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:49

Hey there.

Maybe I should have lowered the individual targets. I'll know better for next year.

~ Grim

Maybe you meant 'increase the individual targets'. By lowering them further, you encourage people to slack off and place the brunt of the load on others (especially those who were gunning for top 100 and didn't make it).

Edited by Maj, 03 November 2014 - 10:51.

#38 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:42

I hope he meant raised, otherwise we would have stood even less chance of making the ruby total... :wub:

#39 savipats

savipats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:05

By looking at the following numbers, its quite easy to see what went wrong...

Even though the TOP100 pushed it even harder than last year, the rest didnt quite pick up the pace...

Reducing the amount of kills down to 9k just wasnt a wise call in the shrinking FS Universe...

(see the image below....)

just my 1/5 dime

Attached Thumbnails

• Oidche_Shamhna.jpg

Edited by savipats, 03 November 2014 - 12:06.

• j3k likes this

#40 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:15

I'm not going to talk about players who didnt use their stamina bank ..
The kills required to achieve an even should be based on number of players and average stamina available in game
Players with huge stamina bank not supposedd to spend their full stamina for global event but its up to them if they want to use it or not ...

What if theres not many players with 50k+ stamina ? Is it possible to get that much of kills?
Global event should be based on number of players not resources (big stamina am500 and conserve 500) to make it realistic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: