BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 March 2015 - 00:59

Sooo many innocent Wraiths slaughtered :P

It's ok, darlin', I'll protect you.... nobody kill that  ^ ^^^  Wraith, please.......  he has no frag chest :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#22 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:03

Something is definitely wrong here.

Composing was meant to add value and a reason to collect these drops, instead of junking/ignoring.

Now we have people still ignoring the creatures, and others regularly asking for the straight-to-frag events.

Leaving the items still with minimal value to us and creating  new and extra strain on HCS.

I think part of the issue is how drops were not added for creatures above level 1600. Yes, new content batches now have one creature per batch with one Common, but it's nothing like the lower levels. We're told to go down to lower levels if we want to farm frags, but I think that's just as bad as frag events. It seems to me to kind of defeat the purpose of fragging/composing in the first place.

Everyone should be able to gather frags for composing during their normal leveling sessions.

Edit: Bad sentence structure was bothering me, so I fixed it.

Edited by cyrus7, 10 March 2015 - 02:26.

#23 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:04

Sure throw away composers who are still developing dont need them , but real composers do !!

I'm confused, at what level does one move from a "developing" composer to a "real" composer?

• 3JS likes this

#24 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:12

I'm confused, at what level does one move from a "developing" composer to a "real" composer?

what i meant was a developing composer makes mainly throw away pots to advance their composing lvl.... and a real composer is making mainly useable pots.   I used that terminology to distinguish between the two types of composing.

#25 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:33

I do both, Melissa, what does that make me?  Just an ordinary run of the mill composer?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#26 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:36

I do both, Melissa, what does that make me?  Just an ordinary run of the mill composer?

you can be what ever u want to be penny

#27 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:43

all im getting here is blah blah blah frags blah blah blah composing blah blah blah blah blah blah

#28 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:55

Thanks for another event so soon ... frag event at that !!

"Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional chest reward based on the tier the community qualified for" --> Q) Is decreasing the reward from last time going to motivate high max stamina people to dump more of their stamina on a global event? No

However, thank you for reducing the amount to hit Ruby Tier. 17.5M was very very high with the current group of players. 7.5M is much more reasonable. Probably won't need too many heavy stam hitters to hit ruby now.

As for the current debate with frags, I think the composing potions are too strong and that both frag requirements for potions AND max level for buffs should be DECREASED to create some sense of balance in the game again. I imagine this will be WILDLY unpopular with composers / players at large since they have gotten used to powerful inventable potions + rely on them now. But its the right call.

Edited by Windbattle, 10 March 2015 - 02:00.

#29 Tracy44187

Tracy44187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:59

I was wondering if it was possible to make it to where we could gift the frag stashes to a guildmate or another player?  My composing is only at level 5 while my guildmates' levels are 11 and 15.  I won't be up there for a while so I normally give any frags I pick up to my guildmate.  

One with the light that brightens the day of each individual so that he himself will have a good day.  

#30 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:59

"to keep the dots rolling in?"  Such a negative opinion u and many others seem to have ! ...  Based on what i wonder.... well i think that is obvious.....  Why dont u work your tail off and invest huge resources in composing and u too will be able to make some awesome pots instead of bitching about those that have.

Its not just travelling composers who need the high level frags.....  its every composer who is making potions for their guild.   Those who are not making useable potions and are only making throw away pots to advance their composing level obviously have more than they need of high end frags.

But composing is ultimately meant to make useable pots.

Its pretty obvious that the chests should reflect evenly the cost of making useable potions.  As i previously stated a LF 700 needs two thirds the amount of legendaries that it needs of commons........   a smashing hammer 450 needs half as many legendaries that it does of commons........  yet the ruby chest gives less than a third of the amount of legendaries that it gives of commons.....  

Sure throw away composers who are still developing dont need them , but real composers do !!

How is dot's rolling in negative? You're making a few dots, good for you! Why not use some of it to buy some frags? I used to buy them all the time until these events started and now I rarely buy anything but commons. As I said, these events killed the market. Make them valuable again. I don't mind spending for them as the pots they do make are well worth the frag costs. Give the low level players some income. I'm almost to the point where I will stop buying commons as I 1x1 through each GE.

All high level composers make throw away pots, don't pretend you didn't and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that either so a pointless argument. There are wee players that like to make useable pots almost every time but they are still wee players as many of us follow yuuzhan's and the wiki's ultimate composing efficiency equations.

Useable pots can be made from level 1 (doubler) or even level 4 (LF) so as you say "But composing is ultimately meant to make useable pots." Mission accomplished.

#31 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:05

Return to those bygone days of yesteryear, when we had NO composing!  My level 5 (91% of the way to 6 :D ) is still much better then what I could have easily gotten when I set foot in this game.  Yep, I have 41,000 plus commons, and the equivalent levels in the other shards,  I think I may have tossed one potion out in this time, so all my used shards have found good homes. (I try to place my shards like I would a batch of kittens...)  

We all play the game in our own way, so a claim to be a real composer can have all sorts of shading to it. 

Thought for the day:  I notice that some of these global critters are really good looking.  Does that make them wraithing beauties? :wacko:

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:05

As for the current debate with frags, I think the composing potions are too strong and that both frag requirements for potions AND max level for buffs should be DECREASED to create some sense of balance in the game again. I imagine this will be WILDLY unpopular with composers / players at large since they have gotten used to powerful inventable potions + rely on them now. But its the right call.

Some of the potions achieved thru composing are WAY too overpowered. But, taking them away again now from those few that can actually make the higher levelled versions would result in much wailing and anguish - and a need for people to be picking up toys ;)

I was wondering if it was possible to make it to where we could gift the frag stashes to a guildmate or another player?  My composing is only at level 5 while my guildmates' levels are 11 and 15.  I won't be up there for a while so I normally give any frags I pick up to my guildmate.  

Asked for many times, refused many times, rightly so IMO (even though I, personally, would benefit enormously if it were allowed)

Edited by Pardoux, 10 March 2015 - 02:07.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#33 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:02

Like I said ... it would not be a popular decision, but for the future of the game / balance of pvp / leveling / etc. there needs to be a reduction in the levels. They can be MORE powerful than donation potions if they are used with distil 150, which you know they are.

I warned them about this when they were deciding about which buffs to include for composing and what levels they should be. But myself and the few that were advocating this point were marginalized and ignored.

So either decrease the frags and level of the buffs OR increase the frags needed to make these UBER pots. my two cents on the subject.

Edited by Windbattle, 10 March 2015 - 03:05.

#34 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:07

I think part of the issue is how drops were not added for creatures above level 1600. Yes, new content batches now have one creature per batch with one Common, but it's nothing like the lower levels. We're told to go down to lower levels if we want to farm frags, but I think that's just as bad as frag events. It seems to me to kind of defeat the purpose of fragging/composing in the first place.

Everyone should be able to gather frags for composing during their normal leveling sessions.

Edit: Bad sentence structure was bothering me, so I fixed it.

I completely agree with your logic. There should be no reduction in the quantity or access to items. that is like penalizing you for reaching a high level / being loyal to the game.

#35 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:41

How is dot's rolling in negative? You're making a few dots, good for you! Why not use some of it to buy some frags? I used to buy them all the time until these events started and now I rarely buy anything but commons. As I said, these events killed the market. Make them valuable again. I don't mind spending for them as the pots they do make are well worth the frag costs. Give the low level players some income. I'm almost to the point where I will stop buying commons as I 1x1 through each GE.

All high level composers make throw away pots, don't pretend you didn't and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that either so a pointless argument. There are wee players that like to make useable pots almost every time but they are still wee players as many of us follow yuuzhan's and the wiki's ultimate composing efficiency equations.

Useable pots can be made from level 1 (doubler) or even level 4 (LF) so as you say "But composing is ultimately meant to make useable pots." Mission accomplished.

Might as well beat your head against the wall, chewy. Trust me, lol.

In my opinion, those uber pots that are, in a couple words, game changing, should require way MORE frags to compose. There is so many ways to gain frags that the argument of reducing the amount used, or raising the amount gained from the chests is irrelevant. 

#36 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:31

if anything get rid of frag events however still let critters drop frags this way it allows lower level playersthe chance to make a few fsp etc. i understand where these players that want a balance amount of frags are coming from but the point was to GIVE VALUE TO JUNK ITEMS NOT REDUCE IT just saying

#37 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:48

"Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional chest reward based on the tier the community qualified for" --> Q) Is decreasing the reward from last time going to motivate high max stamina people to dump more of their stamina on a global event? No

However, thank you for reducing the amount to hit Ruby Tier. 17.5M was very very high with the current group of players. 7.5M is much more reasonable. Probably won't need too many heavy stam hitters to hit ruby now.

Frag events have always been 7.5M for ruby.

I suspect they have also always been one chest for the top 100, but my memory might be playing up on this one.

#38 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:53

From forum:

Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional Ruby chest reward.

From Home page announcement:

"Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional chest reward based on the tier the community qualified for."

BG: can you please correct whichever one of these announcements is wrong?

#39 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:58

"based on the tier the community qualified for"

This is what has changed -- it has always been a ruby chest for the top 100, regardless of the tier the community reach.

#40 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:00

Thank you for the event !!

Can  you please though review the amount of higher level fragments given in the chests?   They dont seem to be in proportion to what is needed when making potions.

When i make a lvl 700 lightfoot i need 35 common, 26 rare, 23 unique, 21 legendary, 18 crystal, 4 se.

So the legendary are nearly two thirds of the amount of commons needed.

However the ruby chests are giving 1350 commons 400 legendary and 350 crystal.

So the legendary given in the ruby chests is less than one third of the commons .

Can this please be reviewed. Or another option is to go back to the previous formula applied to making potions which would have used only 11 legendary for the pot quoted above instead of 21.  Legendaries and crystal drop rate is very poor so even when an event is on they are hard to get.

Another consideration i would b happy with is the wraith drops during the event could be random types of drops... not only commons ?

For people making pots which are to be used , not just throw out levelling pots, we need all the types of frags not just commons, especially legendary and crystal.

another alternative: when the COWS were first broaching the idea of composing, their forum posts talked about a scaling down the number of fragments needed for the very high level potions-buffs (specificially lightfoot and doubler).

It is certainly the very high levels of these buffs that most strain the fragment formula.

And for doubler in particular (where high level pots are cheaply available through other means) the composing fragments needed seem inappropriate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: