Posted 24 March 2015 - 22:34

Amazing speed.

#23 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 00:15

Failed to connect: Master Database [10.132.128.119] for the second time this evening.

This time,however,wasn't on the Map. It was midway through clearing a Bounty and it occurred pretty much bang on Midnight so possibly due to Temple,GoldUpgrades etc resetting or just coincidence?

London,UK and using Opera, if that helps :)

Edited by DirtyChick, 25 March 2015 - 00:16.

#24 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:35

I'm sitting on the Ways Portal in the Cathedral of Ways and one of my guildmates is RED instead of BLUE. I click to look at him and during the load he turns BLUE, yet I am looking at another player on same square O.O I did the reverse and click on the other player and my guildmate's BIO pops up :P Should I PvP my guildmate in the hopes that I will hit the intended target? LOL

This must be the Under-verse

The bio switching stopped but another guildmate is also shown in RED.

FS helper on and off makes no difference

Edited by WandKing, 25 March 2015 - 02:24.

#25 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:03

I am still experiencing the long 5 sec page load times. (using Firefox 36.0.4 most up to date version) on a 1-2.3 Gbps at the university and 15 Mbps at home. It is the exact same 5 sec page load no matter what speed I use and it is across all 4 of my browsers, I have used Firefox 36.0.4, Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 m, Opera 28 and Explorer 11.0.17.

The player moves much faster which is a nice improvement to move faster. However a few issues; guildmates are showing up as red instead of blue, a lot of rubber banding going on and errors saying you can not move more than one space at a time.

The rubber banding and not being able to move and having to reload the map takes away any speed that the update gave us.

Another thing I do not like; with the old system of loading each square I was able to click the other side of the map where I wanted to go and could hotkey attack as I moved which was very helpful for gathering items and saving time while moving. For example in drop quests I could move across the map to the new location attacking as a walked and by the time I reached the new spot I would have the item/s needed. This method currently being implemented that does not buffer each tile has made this impossible.

Edited by Rasputin, 25 March 2015 - 05:18.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#26 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:29

Finally ! Now moving on map so smoothy  Thanks HCs <3

#27 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:52

So far so good Zorg...now Grim this new system requires a major test what do you have in Mind?

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:30

Failed to connect: Master Database [10.132.128.119] for the second time this evening.

This time,however,wasn't on the Map. It was midway through clearing a Bounty and it occurred pretty much bang on Midnight so possibly due to Temple,GoldUpgrades etc resetting or just coincidence?

London,UK and using Opera, if that helps smile.png

I'm sitting on the Ways Portal in the Cathedral of Ways and one of my guildmates is RED instead of BLUE. I click to look at him and during the load he turns BLUE, yet I am looking at another player on same square O.O I did the reverse and click on the other player and my guildmate's BIO pops up tongue.png Should I PvP my guildmate in the hopes that I will hit the intended target? LOL

This must be the Under-verse

The bio switching stopped but another guildmate is also shown in RED.

FS helper on and off makes no difference

I am still experiencing the long 5 sec page load times. (using Firefox 36.0.4 most up to date version) on a 1-2.3 Gbps at the university and 15 Mbps at home. It is the exact same 5 sec page load no matter what speed I use and it is across all 4 of my browsers, I have used Firefox 36.0.4, Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 m, Opera 28 and Explorer 11.0.17.

The player moves much faster which is a nice improvement to move faster. However a few issues; guildmates are showing up as red instead of blue, a lot of rubber banding going on and errors saying you can not move more than one space at a time.

The rubber banding and not being able to move and having to reload the map takes away any speed that the update gave us.

Forwarded to Zorg.

Now Grim this new system requires a major test what do you have in Mind?

What would people like to see? I've been considering Zorgrom Vs Shroud LE/Global.

#29 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 13:14

NIce update. But as mentioned in other posts, rubber-banding is frequent.

I have a question: is the monster list still being loaded per square even when you use autowalk to move from point 1 to point 2? If yes, then this is unnecessary bandwidth wasted. I think you should only load the monster list at the end of the path / destination and not in-between point 1 and point 2. This should free up bandwidth and *may* reduce rubber-banding.

I would also like to see an option on the Preferences page (or the actual map page for on-the-fly toggle) to switch off loading of non-titan monsters whenever I walk on the map. This would free up bandwidth for those who are not actively hunting.

Edited by Maj, 25 March 2015 - 13:17.

#30 mazulis

mazulis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 13:22

Not good for me. Always getting error that cannot move more than one square at the time. Just wasted pots and could not hunt. Refreshing map made me much slower....

screen.jpg

#31 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 15:40

I hope this is the right forum. walking on the map has gotten better since yesterday when the little man didn't want to move anywhere for you with moving any wood rubber band back since then like I said for me that has gotten better. but now fighting the monsters you click on to a square and then I was moving around I had to go back to the spot where I was and click on the square again then circle with just spin spin spin I don't know if this helps you at all but that was the problem I was experiencing. I believe you were still working on it good luck

#32 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 15:43

oh then I clicked on to the map and went to the page with the map and it said there was no actions for the square that I was sitting on even though I was asking was there when I had just left the map. so then I click the map button again and then the SE reappeared I don't know that was me for the map

#33 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 March 2015 - 15:54

ok, have problems. I'm on my phone, Lumia 520, using IE. When I try to move on the map, either nothing happens at all, or my little guy moves the wrong way, where he either stays, or snaps back to original position and I get the you can't move more than one space message. This is frustrating to say the least, and I imagine new players would be very turned off by this and would move on to other games, never to return. Me, I'll just play legacy. At least it still works properly. Off to injure zorgdev to make myself feel better :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 16:27

i currently can not kill the Kraken titan.. i'll click the the creature type icon just changes into a loading circle that never loads..

also the waves on map are moving abnormally fast.. it's quite nauseating ..

*update while writing*.. i can kill the titan now but it isn't loading the action list (does the loading icon as i explained above)

#35 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:00

am not sure about moving on the map but I am not able to kill any creature I hit it and shows that am killing it forever lol

#36 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:53

sometimes i kill a creature, but the creature remains...killing it again and i get the "creature not here..."  note

sometimes my looted gold doesn't register after a kill - moving a spot it shows up

from previous posts' context i'm not sure...is this "rubberbanding"?

anyway whatever, i've accepted the condition of the site; i roll my eyes and move on

as far as update v2.66 i'm not experiencing any difference

#37 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:08

lmao, adding a zero to a PvP attack is so much simpler, less bandwith taxing. I'm gonna stick with playing the game that is still possible.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#38 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:37

Maybe some sort of LE? Or a seasonal titan? I feel we just had a GE recently. Would much more prefer to see new content every 2 weeks instead of GE every 2 weeks. (oh, if you are putting in Zorgrom again, please have a look and maybe upgrade the rewards for that GE, thanks)

And on the topic, the improvements is great, thanks!

#39 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:39

i currently can not kill the Kraken titan.. i'll click the the creature type icon just changes into a loading circle that never loads..

also the waves on map are moving abnormally fast.. it's quite nauseating ..

*update while writing*.. i can kill the titan now but it isn't loading the action list (does the loading icon as i explained above)

Are you using FSH? If you do, try disable it or the do not kill feature, that might help.

#40 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:45

I don't use the FSH..

Personally I hope they don't release any event until these issues are fixed.. Who knows what types of problems will occur once an event is released..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: