#21 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 17:35

ive got 2 of the titan trophies, 2 of the spirit of pvp trophies and 500 tokens...i know of many people with far more tokens than i have....if we could cash in on epic potions and sell em for high fsp because they could be tailored for levelers who dont want to bother earning the rewards themselves(this is not a shot at levelers, just saying that they wont lose levels to gain levels)

so if they arent bound the market will easily flood with potions at high prices...imho at least(and im all for profit, but i want to see more pvp activity and overall activity in the game)

i think you are right, when its something like epic chests, i know pvp gets hard done by in terms of profit so its a bit hard to shoot down anything pvp related-profit wise.

#22 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2015 - 17:52

We've added both to the Ladder Reward page. We're thinking that we may well use these to allow players to build Chests of Epic potions of a similar style to the season Epic Chests. Probably not as powerful but most likely with a greater duration. As such, they have a very high value.

That's good, I like the epic pots idea

clock96.gif

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 19:42

Finally, we'll also be looking at increasing the power of the Cave based Enchant potions in the near future.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Umm, WHY ??

EW1500 - Most powerful Enchant Weapon already available in-game

EA200 - Most powerful Enchant Armour already available in-game (as far as I am aware - I don't use it)

Why make the game even easier still ?

Not TOO fussed about EA, but incrementing the power of EW1500 seems nuts ??

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 19:58

Umm, WHY ??

EA200 - Most powerful Enchant Armour already available in-game (as far as I am aware - I don't use it)

I don't think BigGrim mean't the already powerful potions - I'll take a look over it with him before we make any changes tho!

#25 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 20:04

Oh yay! More powerful potions...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#26 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 20:06

I don't think BigGrim mean't the already powerful potions - I'll take a look over it with him before we make any changes tho!

Probably means the invent able cave potions. Enchant ring, rune, helmet, etc... blazing cave potion could use an update as well.

#27 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 20:08

he wouldve meant ring, rune, boots and ammy and MAYBE helm, id make em 225, 200 isnt far off the 150's in Guild RP now so dont wanna kill scavengers :)

#28 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 20:49

Instead of looking at the enchant cave potions which in my opinion are not that bad, could other potions be considered instead/aswell?

Personally I think that the inventable resource potions need more attention, to name a few:

- Potion of Lesser Death Dealer - Level needs to be upped

- Potion of Lesser Light Foot - Level needs to be upped

- Potion of Lesser Vision - Level needs to be upped

- Potion of Dull Edge - Level needs to be upped

- Jittery Draft - Needs less resources to be made or level needs to be upped, basicly Potion of the Mongoose is easier/cheaper to make.

- Deadly Venom and Crippling Poison - Level needs to be upped, at these levels there does not seem to be intrest in them.

- Potion of Waking Hypnotism - Level needs to be upped.

- Brew of the Smiths Hammer - Needs a lot less resources to be made from.

Some new potions would be nice aswell. But improving the potions above would allready make inventing more fun.

#29 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 21:02

Probably means the invent able cave potions. Enchant ring, rune, helmet, etc... blazing cave potion could use an update as well.

Yeah, I wasn't too convinced with increasing EW1.5k. EA... "maybe" a duration increase. 

I also wasn't really clear on 

Finally, we'll also be looking at increasing the power of the Cave based Enchant potions in the near future.

Please note they are "looking at it". 

On what I call the Enchant item inventables...

Personally, I've always thought they were pretty low level. However, I've also always thought they were pretty much unnecessary but noticed that they appear to go for FSP in the AH. My uninformed conclusion is that they don't need to be tweaked. 

In any case, I do not believe that they need to be upgraded/changed in light of the new RP pack. Remember, it's GVG. While the duration is huge and the level is higher.... it's not something that would rationally be activated at the whim of any player. Hence, I doubt that it would have a huge impact on the already-existing individual Enchant Item pots. 

#30 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 21:23

Always nice with new content

Is there any chance that you can list the packages by family? By family i mean. Battle Pack a b c, Power leveller a b c and so on. Its alittle confusing and annoying that they are all spread when you are looking for that one package with the best buffs for that purpose you got.

#31 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 21:52

Umm, WHY ??

Granted, "levelling" can be a breeze using high end pots but there are "other" aspects of the game, as you well know mate, that are still incredibly hard to succeed in no matter how powerful the potion available.

I'll likely still go for the Caves enchanted pots as they work with distil wink.png

Great to see the new buff pack additions, might want to consider Stun into one of the packs, no real reason, just think it's a cracking wee buff  :D 

Cheers.

wil72

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 22:03

Granted, "levelling" can be a breeze using high end pots but there are "other" aspects of the game, as you well know mate, that are still incredibly hard to succeed in no matter how powerful the potion available.

I'll likely still go for the Caves enchanted pots as they work with distil wink.png

Great to see the new buff pack additions, might want to consider Stun into one of the packs, no real reason, just think it's a cracking wee buff  :D

Cheers.

wil72

Hoof has said/implied that the potions I mentioned weren't the ones that BG was looking at (which is a relief) but if you boost a potion that makes 1 area easier but makes a different area a breeze, then the process needs looking at.

Stat boosting potions for SPECIFIC game areas could be an avenue for the cows to investigate more ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 22:05

Always nice with new content

Is there any chance that you can list the packages by family? By family i mean. Battle Pack a b c, Power leveller a b c and so on. Its alittle confusing and annoying that they are all spread when you are looking for that one package with the best buffs for that purpose you got.

Good idea :)

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:39

will the epic pots from the trophies be bound?

I should think so, yes. All epic potion chests obtained in-game are bound. There'd be nothing stopping us from making a middle ground option of less power and durability that could be unbound though. :)

Umm, WHY ??

Chill Dude. I'm talking about the Enchant Potions invented in the caves for the buffs added to the Enchanted GRP Pack. :)

Draft of Amulet Augmentation (Level 150)
Potion of Bolstered Boots (Level 150)
Brew of the Reinforced Ring (Level 150)
Elixir of Rigorous Rune (Level 150)
&
Gut Rot Head Splitter (Level 75)

Not a terribly high boost in most cases (i.e. about 200, so they are still tasty with the Enchanted Pack being out there.)

Exactly right. And I don't see why we couldn't look at a few of the other inventables as time goes on. (We're working on a lot at the mo!)

Personally I think that the inventable resource potions need more attention, to name a few:
- Potion of Lesser Death Dealer - Level needs to be upped
- Potion of Lesser Light Foot - Level needs to be upped
- Potion of Lesser Vision - Level needs to be upped
- Potion of Dull Edge - Level needs to be upped
- Jittery Draft - Needs less resources to be made or level needs to be upped, basicly Potion of the Mongoose is easier/cheaper to make.
- Deadly Venom and Crippling Poison - Level needs to be upped, at these levels there does not seem to be intrest in them.
- Potion of Waking Hypnotism - Level needs to be upped.
- Brew of the Smiths Hammer - Needs a lot less resources to be made from.

Some new potions would be nice aswell. But improving the potions above would allready make inventing more fun.

Sure, I can look over these and discuss changes with Hoofmaster and the guys.

Personally, I've always thought they were pretty low level. However, I've also always thought they were pretty much unnecessary but noticed that they appear to go for FSP in the AH. My uninformed conclusion is that they don't need to be tweaked.

Perhaps, but it could be that they go for as much as they are rarely created. Perhaps a wee boost would help re-invigorate Inventing as well. There's certainly no harm in looking. :)

#35 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:15

Great, thanks Grim for looking into it!

#36 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:17

My only Concern is as a result of this how will creature stats be decided and be adjusted to cover for increased stats  players will be able to get? Or will they be left alone because not everyone will have access to said pots?

Because if we are really trying to get people to play all of the game then wouldn't the former apply?

#37 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:25

My only Concern is as a result of this how will creature stats be decided and be adjusted to cover for increased stats  players will be able to get? Or will they be left alone because not everyone will have access to said pots?

Because if we are really trying to get people to play all of the game then wouldn't the former apply?

Due to their price not everybody can afford them (all) (of the time). But even if they could, would it be such a big problem if newer players go through the content a bit faster? The time it takes to level up will take years for most, which already turns some players down.

#38 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:34

Due to their price not everybody can afford them (all) (of the time). But even if they could, would it be such a big problem if newer players go through the content a bit faster? The time it takes to level up will take years for most, which already turns some players down.

The Cows have stated they want more people to play ALL of the game, levelling has NEVER been easier with or without all the super pots appearing.

#39 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:18

The Cows have stated they want more people to play ALL of the game, levelling has NEVER been easier with or without all the super pots appearing.

Still does not explain why the critters stats should be adjusted. As far as I can tell most people play to level up. Since there are so many levels and it takes so long to advance, I do not see the problem, even if HCS wants us all to do other things aswell. 

The big issue is, levelling is cheap compared to most other parts of the game. Most players who's first priority is to level, are not going to get into PvP that much as that will hamper their initial goal.

The goal would be to create more diversity in this game with more things to do, rather than mess with the critter's stats.

Edited by Morgwyn, 15 September 2015 - 13:06.

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2015 - 13:22

C'mon guys. Stay on topic please. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: