#21 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:20

Don't forget "Glittering Black Opal Potion" (Glorious Opalescent Chest)

Because apparently one inventing-killer set of potions weren't enough...

Edited by Mister Doom, 20 September 2016 - 10:54.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#22 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:36

Don't forget "Glittering Black Opal Potion" (Glorious Opalescent Chest)

Because apparently one inventing-killer set of potions weren't enough...

Didn't even know about that, but since looking, it's not quite as bad as the Omacaz, but yes, still too high ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#23 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:56

It's very disheartening to see brand new sets reduced to 1fsp / piece for PERFECT within hours of their launch (I'm sure it is for you too BG ?) ...

It may not even be disheartening to see new sets at perfect for 1 fsp, but the fact that a very poor one goes for 1 fsp or a handful of gold.

When there is a very limited supply of items TO invent - as the chest contents are, relatively, items would maintain value for much longer than several hours ;)

This has *ALWAYS* been the case with LE events. I remember back in 2007 busting my bank to buy a Decay Rune for about 110 FSP, only to see an LE event 2 weeks later and the price of Decay Runes dropped to a couple of FSP.

LE items have *always* been oversupplied during the event. The value always came over time when the events were rare, repeats of the same LE were even rarer, and the game population was increasing. Inventing vs dropping items won't affect this. The frequency of events, and the number of similar sets available, will.

Just in case it gets lost in the ensuing discussion, I'll highlight Yotwehc's point: he wanted more inventing LE events because he *enjoyed* the inventing! (and Not because of its effect on the economy)

#24 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2016 - 20:42

Just in case it gets lost in the ensuing discussion, I'll highlight Yotwehc's point: he wanted more inventing LE events because he *enjoyed* the inventing! (and Not because of its effect on the economy)

Can't BOTH factors come into play tho ? - rather than flooding the market with gear ?

Invent Gear (with a chance of failure) AND use scarce items TO invent the items ?

That way, fun is had (if that's the way you want to describe it) AND items are kept scarce, thus maintaining value.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#25 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 13:20

stop find item working on all LE and crystaline events so only the base drop rate works

• 3JS likes this

#26 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 17:33

You know, guys, as a player I have spent 8 years avoiding items where some people could make a lot of profit from a small number of rich players.

I REALLY LIKE THE FACT THAT NEW PERFECT LE ITEMS WERE SELLING FOR 1FSP

To me, that just means that more players have the chance to be well euipped and enjoy the game more.

And I say that as someone who was selling those items in the last two events - indeed selling perfect (new) LE items for < 200k gold (and still ending up with a profit to justify my effort).

#27 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:01

Can't BOTH factors come into play tho ? - rather than flooding the market with gear ?

Invent Gear (with a chance of failure) AND use scarce items TO invent the items ?

That way, fun is had (if that's the way you want to describe it) AND items are kept scarce, thus maintaining value.

I think we all remember the Writhing ward and the Scarab weapon. Both were insanely difficult to make, took lots of pieces, held value for quite a while (especially the parts), and (at least for me) were my biggest achievements when I was one of the lucky few to be successful. I'd dance a jig if a few more of those types of items were to come around again. The problem, as mentioned before, is when the drops become available 3-4 times in a short span. Also as Hades mentioned, the uber FI pots have decimated the market for them. 

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:19

I think we all remember the Writhing ward and the Scarab weapon. Both were insanely difficult to make, took lots of pieces, held value for quite a while (especially the parts), and (at least for me) were my biggest achievements when I was one of the lucky few to be successful. I'd dance a jig if a few more of those types of items were to come around again. The problem, as mentioned before, is when the drops become available 3-4 times in a short span. Also as Hades mentioned, the uber FI pots have decimated the market for them. 

If the crappy crystalline drops were used to invent, they WOULDN'T become over-available - they dribble into the game ...

#29 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 13:50

If the crappy crystalline drops were used to invent, they WOULDN'T become over-available - they dribble into the game ...

Still I think new gear should be possible for everybody to make, not only those that afford to buy chest locs or hoard the crystaline parts.

#30 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 14:46

the chest idea is a big no anything that allows the elite to corner a market is a no if your gonna do something to make drops more worthwhile then do something to nerf the drop rate that affects all...its the same when hcs used to make new sets using se items and players would buy the ah out of everything needed.. that no longer happens as hcs clears the ah..when i first played plague was the must have first set i couldnt afford it we didnt have massive FIND ITEM and events were exactly as named LEGENDARY a deep set set you back 800 or so fsp ..now some will say no one can afford that and your right but you could farm your own set and know when you out grew it you could sell it and maybe afford your next set ...the problem all the things that help the game ..tagging, high invent potions, high find item etc also damage it there is no balance.

i no longer farm LE for anything more then selling frags ..its very sad when a new set comes into the game and within a hr its now worth the stam to kill it

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 15:01

Well, we are considering making a new version of the donation Inventing Potions, to depower those a bit. 

I do wonder what the reaction would be to capping Find Item effectiveness against LEs though. 

Both of the above have been suggested before. Will discuss with Hoofmaster and see what's what.

#32 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 15:13

seems reasonable, i think sometimes some things r too fun, the find item buff prob doesnt need to be looked at, i dont think it is near an overpowered state at even the 1700+ ish it comes or gets to :-)

#33 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:03

Well, we are considering making a new version of the donation Inventing Potions, to depower those a bit.

I do wonder what the reaction would be to capping Find Item effectiveness against LEs though.

Both of the above have been suggested before. Will discuss with Hoofmaster and see what's what.

If just for stuff going forward (lvl 3k+), then I agree ;-p

#34 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:04

I have no issue with this. They are very strong potions. Should always be some risk of failure. 

So are you going to create an entirely new potion with different level skills? Or just nerf the existing ones?

If your creating a new one then are you going to remove the old potion from the game completely? Or just no longer offer it as part of a donation offer?

#35 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:24

cant nerf whats already in the game left it too long they have said multiple times cant do that just dont let anymore come into the game eventually whats already out there will be used up ...

#36 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:26

cant nerf whats already in the game left it too long they have said multiple times cant do that just dont let anymore come into the game eventually whats already out there will be used up ...

They have to nerf whats already in the game, the 'fix' will be pointless otherwise.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:33

So are you going to create an entirely new potion with different level skills? Or just nerf the existing ones?

We create new versions of what already exists, just with lower versions of the offending Inventing buff. We wouldn't change what is already out there as they are from donation potions. Those ones would run out eventually.

#38 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:37

We create new versions of what already exists, just with lower versions of the offending Inventing buff. We wouldn't change what is already out there as they are from donation potions. Those ones would run out eventually.

Agree with this decision also. Unfair to nerf the value of a donation potion which someone holds.

They will run out quickly I am sure. And in the process their value with increase dramatically with the increase in rarity. :)

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:38

Unfair to nerf the value of a donation potion which someone holds.

Exactly right.

#40 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:44

I suppose it depends on whether you value game mechanic integrity or select player happiness more.

There are a lot of the sinuous potions out there + a lot of the Omacaz chests that hold them + a lot of the glorious opalescent chests...

Factor in the fact that when someone pops one they generally ask others if they need stuff inventing, to maximise there usefulness.

Eh, perhaps in a couple of years inventing can be made viable again?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: