• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#21 iceman66

iceman66

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:18

Agree, but even with no content it's still possible to level and try to surpass the current #1 player.

LOL, sure.  It's also possible to run for POTUS as long as you have a good heart and a strong moral compass.  EP, this has nothing to do with whom is the number 1 player, it's about rethinking what that means.  You cannot honestly tell me that new players come into FS and be all like "One day, I'm going to be the #1 player in FS!"  Then, once they understand leveling and the mechanics, STILL have that mentality.  They see that and just stop playing, stop paying, and stop caring which is ultimately causing the demise of our beloved FS. 

#22 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:24

LOL, sure.  It's also possible to run for POTUS as long as you have a good heart and a strong moral compass.  EP, this has nothing to do with whom is the number 1 player, it's about rethinking what that means.  You cannot honestly tell me that new players come into FS and be all like "One day, I'm going to be the #1 player in FS!"  Then, once they understand leveling and the mechanics, STILL have that mentality.  They see that and just stop playing, stop paying, and stop caring which is ultimately causing the demise of our beloved FS. 

Is that happening to you know? If so i'm very sorry, i don't have that attitude. One day i'll try to be the #1 player myself. It's the only other thing in the game i have yet to accomplish really. FS cannot be reset or changed this was inevitable. Only way to fix this is FS2. Even FS2 will meet the same issue in due time as well. But that in itself is way too big a gamble for HCS.

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 October 2016 - 20:25.

#23 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:26

I don't think moving forward with a new system that is fair for all EOCrs is 'punishing' boatsnhos....and buying exp % beyond EOC was changed for this very reason .. but instead of doing it with % upgrades he does it with stam bank... its a loophole that needs closed.

Edited by UrcK, 31 October 2016 - 20:27.

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:27

In response to what was said above. Best player isn't about being fair. Your either the best or your not the whole medal itself is based unfairness.  If your not #1 get over it your not the best player in the game right now. What's stopping anyone from leveling up with no content? You don't need content to level.

After June 29, 2015 it's been nothing but complaining from ya'll about me and my people. Leave us alone already lol.

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 October 2016 - 20:29.

#25 iceman66

iceman66

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:28

Is that happening to you know? If so i'm very sorry, i don't have that attitude. One day i'll try to be the #1 player myself. It's the only other thing in the game i have yet to accomplish really. FS cannot be reset or changed this was inevitable. Only way to fix this is FS2. But that in itself is way too big a gamble for HCS.

Unfortunately for some, I'm a lifer and I in no way have that attitude, but thanks for assuming.  I'm also not a new player and haven't been since 2007.  And I remember it clearly wanting to be the number one player in all of FS and eventually I achieved it, so I have nothing to prove.  But this isn't about me, it's about the longevity of FS and currently with the way things are, it's hard to see hope. 

#26 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:31

I think there are a lot of "anomolies" that need addressing in the game, but don't feel that this is one of 'em tbh.

Urck - you're sitting on 150K of stamina now, plus whatever you may or may not have in reserve stam - I'm pretty sure that's enough to gain 20 levels sublevelling ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:32

I'm aware of your agenda. I'm aware that you are a master manipulator. Word always travels to me. I tried playing nice with ya'll and obviously that wasn't possible. Do not try to twist this into being about FS. Because it's not your just trying to get your digs in. While with your point about new players it is not possible to change the current state of the game unless resetting/FS2 which won't happen. It was inevitable and will continue to function as such. If anyone want's #1 position rip it away.

#28 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:32

I don't think moving forward with a new system that is fair for all EOCrs is 'punishing' boatsnhos....and buying exp % beyond EOC was changed for this very reason .. but instead of doing it with % upgrades he does it with stam bank... its a loophole that needs closed.

Then match his resources and beat him. Become the #1 player. As everyone else can do also. Nobody is stopping you.

It isn't a loophole. It is upgrading your character. We have all done it, some more than others. Just because he has done it beyond you and used his resources to beat you why should you then be given a chance to "beat" him without actually doing so? That to me is punishing the player who is #1 and deserves to be.

#29 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:33

I think there are a lot of "anomolies" that need addressing in the game, but don't feel that this is one of 'em tbh.

Urck - you're sitting on 150K of stamina now, plus whatever you may or may not have in reserve stam - I'm pretty sure that's enough to gain 20 levels sublevelling ;)

you would be incorrect.. it is barely 4 levels ... the further you get from EOC the more stam per level it takes

Edited by UrcK, 31 October 2016 - 20:34.

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:34

you would be incorrect.. it is barely 4 levels ...

I reckon it's more than that. Besides how many months has it been? Surely you had atleast 400-500k stam to use no?

#31 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:34

Agree, but even with no content it's still possible to level and try to surpass the current #1 player. People may forget the levels he obtained were outside of the current content.

Yes, it is an FSP spending contest (either current, or past FSP). The simple fact is, in the past, the battle for top 1 position was more strategic, more dynamic, and required planning, because it largely involved banking completed quests.

I don't begrudge boats his accomplishment, he has 'solved' the Top 1 medal. Today, max stam is a much larger factor than planning. You may say, 'too bad, old man, quit living in the past'. I say sure, but miss the intrigue and gameplay that used to go into the Top 1 medal.

#32 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:36

This has to be a topic made from bordem.. we all know the real issue is lack of Content! 4 months now is just absurd if it came out every 2-3 weeks like it has in the past this "loophole" wouldn't exist.

It's not boats being number 1 that is demotivating people, it's the fact that so many are stuck with nothing to do. Still waiting for the quests to get done on 2976-3000 which have been in progress since the event as well..

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:36

Yes, it is an FSP spending contest (either current, or past FSP). The simple fact is, in the past, the battle for top 1 position was more strategic, more dynamic, and required planning, because it largely involved banking completed quests.

I don't begrudge boats his accomplishment, he has 'solved' the Top 1 medal. Today, max stam is a much larger factor than planning. You may say, 'too bad, old man, quit living in the past'. I say sure, but miss the intrigue and gameplay that used to go into the Top 1 medal.

You think boats/friends didn't plan this out? Very much strategy involved. We have the best strategist in the game in our guild :)

#34 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:38

You obviously dont understand that this was an issue before and that the cows did deal with it by removing the ability to just 'buy' levels away.. this was an unforseen problem that should have been dealt with then.

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:38

You obviously dont understand that this was an issue before and that the cows did deal with it by removing the ability to just 'buy' levels away.. this was an unforseen problem that should have been dealt with then.

So your saying we shouldn't be able to use our stamina towards leveling. Sorry i just don't agree with that?

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:39

you would be incorrect.. it is barely 4 levels ... the further you get from EOC the more stam per level it takes

I knew there was a diminishing return, but seriously, at that level above EOC, 150K will only get you FOUR levels ?

D_A_Y_U_M ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#37 iceman66

iceman66

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:41

I'm aware of your agenda. I'm aware that you are a master manipulator. Word always travels to me. I tried playing nice with ya'll and obviously that wasn't possible. Do not try to twist this into being about FS. Because it's not your just trying to get your digs in. While with your point about new players it is not possible to change the current state of the game unless resetting/FS2 which won't happen. It was inevitable and will continue to function as such. If anyone want's #1 position rip it away.

I'm sure whomever you're speaking about doesn't appriciate the harsh words, but I digress.  I've always wanted FS to succeed and it's why topics like this are worth talking about.  There isn't going to be an "FS2" and I don't think there needs to be.  What I do think is that we need to work with what we have to make it more appealing for other players.  And IMO, a good step is making it so the EoC group is more spread out in levels.  Instead of having 160 EoC, release content so that that number dwindles.

#38 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:41

What your saying is people who invested in max stamina should be handicapped. LMAO oh come on man LOL.

#39 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:42

I knew there was a diminishing return, but seriously, at that level above EOC, 150K will only get you FOUR levels ?

D_A_Y_U_M ...

There are more efficient ways to get levels they just choose to get gxp instead ;)

#40 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:43

I'm sure whomever you're speaking about doesn't appriciate the harsh words, but I digress.  I've always wanted FS to succeed and it's why topics like this are worth talking about.  There isn't going to be an "FS2" and I don't think there needs to be.  What I do think is that we need to work with what we have to make it more appealing for other players.  And IMO, a good step is making it so the EoC group is more spread out in levels.  Instead of having 160 EoC, release content so that that number dwindles.

But here is where i don't understand? Going back to new players being demoralized don't you think if there was a bunch more content releases that would be even more demoralizing? Slower content releases are good for new players. Your whole argument is contradiction. level 10k is clearly more demoralizing then level 3000. There needs to be a leveling advantage to lower players like 3x xp that slowly detoriates to 2x at level 1000 to 1.5 at 2k etc.

• 3JS likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: