#21 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:21

SS2 has the PvP tutorial, since it has PvP zones....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#22 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:28

Nobody is required to participate in any aspect of the game, except maybe Xindy, because you can't really progress through levels 400-421 without doing that questline or XP gain through (to my knowledge)... You don't have to compose, do the arena, bounty hunt, pay though the nose for tge caves, even leveling can be done while you sleep, albeit slowly. That's one of the good things about FS, that there is so much to do, all F2P, if you so choose.... And several have spent $0, done no shard offers or anything besides level their hearts out, and are at or near EoC....

Uhhh. Beg to disagree. You may have a choice being the first P but you have no control on being the 2nd P. I think some are inclined to enjoy pvp and some aren't. I am enjoying myself and as honorless as I am, I only pvp with those who pvp or have a guild to back them up. I find no joy in hitting sheep ;-)

My likes in this thread are a bit confusing as I like both sides suggestion. I think a good compromise might be to leave normal pvp prestige as is. For ladder and BB, change it as Mary suggested. This would have no impact on folks not inclined to pvp.

Edited by yotwehc, 18 November 2016 - 22:51.

#23 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:32

I would rather see this:

• for "normal" PvP (gold hits)
10 stam = ZERO Prestige (will counter "prestige trading")
100 stam = 10 Prestige
  • for the PvP Lader
10 stam = ZERO Prestige (will counter "prestige trading + already PvP Prestige potion there)
100 stam = 1 Prestige
  • for the Bounty Board
10 stam = 1 Prestige
100 stam = 5 Prestige

Prestige Rewards are good BUT definitely NO to #4 !!! NO "safe" hits (would both upset PvPers & NON-PvPers) !!!!

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the Revenge button either but there was a another thread recently where it was a popular topic of discussion so I thought id throw an alternative to possibly earning it if you really want it... 1000 Prestige = 1 Freebie ;p lol

#24 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 23:17

There is a lot of information in those links. I have used them for the aspects of the game that I like. 

There are still players here that do not know you do not get prestige from players with PvP protection in place.

I have been hit by some.  ^.O

After much hunting, I finally found that page, seems it's a partial home page, I get the full on home page when I input the url.  Interesting.

Edited by Pythia, 18 November 2016 - 23:32.

#25 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:03

... this is the description of fs.. from hcs page... please read the part ive underlined

About the Game

Join thousands of other adventurers in this constantly evolving web-based massively multiplayer role-playing game set in the fantasy world of Erildath. Along your travels you will encounter fellow players who you can engage in battle against. You may also band together to create a guild, or join one of the many that already exist! With your allies you may partake in guild conflicts or hunt some of the many powerful monsters found across the world.

Wonder when that was worded like that because believe me, I know what it means, and had I read that I would not have made an account.

It was worded like that prior to September 2012. It was then that HCS merged existing accounts and created a new website. There have also been earlier descriptions of the game that went as far as saying that you could attack other players, steal their gold and advance your character.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 19 November 2016 - 00:04.

#26 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:22

If you log out of FS and log out of HCS completely, then navigate your way to the FS page the message you see (and what brand new users see) is this...

Fallen Sword is a massively multiplayer role playing game set in the exciting and evolving world of Erildath. Players enter the world and explore, adventure across a vast number of realms with thousands of other players.

Fallen Sword is a great game to play on your own or with friends. It has an old school MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) feel to it, with a great combat system. Slice your way through the many dungeons and group with your friends to defeat Legendary creatures.

Game Features:
Over a thousand levels worth of content, realms and creatures.
State of the art HTML5 canvas game play.
A vast array of skills and abilities for your character.
Thousands of items and quests to collect.
Free to play with no downloads.
Trading and auction systems.
Variety of exciting community events.
Regular updates and improvements.
An active and dynamic community of thousands of other players.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#27 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:26

And?

It should be changed back to a previous version?

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 19 November 2016 - 00:28.

#28 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:28

Doesn't exactly advertise itself as a game where other players have the ability to beat you senseless. lol

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#29 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:29

And?

It should be changed back to a previous version?

Cheers.

wil72

You made a point of posting about the front page advertising FS as a pvp game.

I just wanted to show you that you were wrong, that is all.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#30 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:32

I'm not wrong, the description changed with the new website. Which is what I explained in my original post. I never mentioned pvp was still in the descriptor as it is clearly not which is quite beyond me.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 19 November 2016 - 00:35.

#31 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:35

The description hasn't mentioned the pvp aspect for a long time, pre-website re-design.

It seemed as though HCS were trying to downplay the pvp aspect for a long time.

Perhaps to entice new players, since most users of these types of games are hardcore level grinders, not LOL type person against person gamers.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#32 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:42

I did misread/misunderstand your posts though wil72 so I apologise, that's what you get when you're only half paying attention. Wanted is on Filmfour. ;)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#33 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:42

it may not mention it there, but it does on the hunted cows page https://www.huntedco...me/fallen-sword

#34 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:44

it may not mention it there, but it does on the hunted cows page https://www.huntedco...me/fallen-sword

Doesn't matter, since new users are more likely to head straight to the FS page then they are via the HCS one.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#35 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:47

I come this route into the game. www.fallensword.com

PvP is not mentioned in what you see there.

A fist full of game rectangles show and I click on fallen sword.  

Edited by Pythia, 19 November 2016 - 00:49.

#36 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 00:49

I did misread/misunderstand your posts though wil72 so I apologise, that's what you get when you're only half paying attention. Wanted is on Filmfour. ;)

Bugger, I bet I've missed the "keyboard" scene. :(

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 19 November 2016 - 00:49.

#37 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:45

SS2 has the PvP tutorial, since it has PvP zones....

Not the greatest reference point since we know what happened to that game.

PvP collusion remains pathetically rampant, at an approximate 10% rate of players where bios are actively allowed to advertise trading of Prestige and HCS does nothing. Just have a look at the top 5 xp guilds' players. Check one more for game integrity sliding down the toilet.

Hoof, a little over a year ago, in my opinion wrongly shot down the idea of making 10 stam attacks counting as only 1 Prestige point whereas 100 stam attacks would count as 10 Prestige, tying actions to the game like everything else but I fear Hoof wanted to continue coddling the leveling base.

https://forums.hunte...853#entry945721

I'm grateful the issue has been raised once more but with the diminishing state of coding development coming up on the game's 10th anniversary I fear the righteous move to improve the game takes a backseat to doing the bare minimum only to keep players from revolting.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 November 2016 - 17:43

Not the greatest reference point since we know what happened to that game.

PvP collusion remains pathetically rampant, at an approximate 10% rate of players where bios are actively allowed to advertise trading of Prestige and HCS does nothing. Just have a look at the top 5 xp guilds' players. Check one more for game integrity sliding down the toilet.

Hoof, a little over a year ago, in my opinion wrongly shot down the idea of making 10 stam attacks counting as only 1 Prestige point whereas 100 stam attacks would count as 10 Prestige, tying actions to the game like everything else but I fear Hoof wanted to continue coddling the leveling base.

https://forums.hunte...853#entry945721

I'm grateful the issue has been raised once more but with the diminishing state of coding development coming up on the game's 10th anniversary I fear the righteous move to improve the game takes a backseat to doing the bare minimum only to keep players from revolting.

You're correct about a few things here. Now I've never traded prestige, nor was I one of those that traded PvP rating in the days before the ladder.... But I know there are those that will utilize every exploit for their own ends.

One of the reasons I no longer actively participate in PvP is just that.... Such practices give PvP a bad name, and I'm too old and tired to mess with it anymore. My opinion, as always, is that prestige should reflect the amount of stam used, and that a successful defense should gain prestige as well....

I do not, however, believe that the 10 stam hit should be excluded from prestige, as has been suggested in this thread. IMHO, 10 stam or 100, you take the risk of losing up to 5 levels, there should be something for being willing to make the jump.

Edited by BadPenny, 20 November 2016 - 17:44.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#39 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 19:27

Regardless of what's stated on the home page. PvP is one of the most important aspects of the game.

#40 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2016 - 20:35

Regardless of what's stated on the home page. PvP is one of the most important aspects of the game.

If that's the case then potential players should be told of that. Don't you think?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: