Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#481 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 17:59

stuff

viewforum.php?f=23 Feel free to let off some steam ;)

*rolls eyes*

#482 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Although it isn't the most popular poll option at the moment - I think that the best solution would be to just lower the maximum amount of gold that can be protected with PvP Protection (for example change it to 1 million).

If you've already decided, why are you asking us? it is CLEAR that the majority of players want to keep the PvP protection AS-IS. This is because PvPers are a MINORITY... a loud minority.. but a minority.

So, are you going to do what we vote for? Or what you want to do?

We've not decided yet - I was just giving my opinion on it :)

#483 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

so why not create a cathedral where they can be safe? the price of protection would not be able to protect its relics ...

hmmm... a stamina burn traveling to the safe "cathedral" after each hunt. Also, Have an entry fee (gold sink). Or sell a teleport potion in special AH for gold, or loyalty reward (gold purchase option).

Burns stamina, sinks gold, offers PvP protection for those willing to pay for it. Many won't, so the PvPers still have targets....

hmmm.....

#484 whobob

whobob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:00

PvP is the only arena of this game that you can be FORCED to participate in. Even if by participation we're only talking about laying there and getting kicked in the head. A PvP'er can't be FORCED to level. Hey might want to for target or gear reasons, but they don't HAVE TO. They can go to a level of their own choosing and never level again (except to gain levels lost which is likely in direct result of the way they play the PvP version of their game). I understand PvP is there, I even understand that though I may not want to partake in that side of the game I may be an unwilling participant at some point. I DO believe that if I feel strongly enough about protecting what I've earned through playing the game MY way I should have an option to do so. If this were solely a PvP game you would level through hitting other players and the environment wouldn't need to exist, hunting wouldn't exist. But it is a leveling game also. Let us protect what we get from leveling if we want to.

#485 Freyana

Freyana

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:00

What about reducing the amount of time pvp protection can be bought for. If one is truly buying it for hunting protection and getting rid of gold from a hunt or as a guild founder making a large guild deposit then the 24 hour protection is usually more than sufficient. Personally I think that the problems come in when people buy it for weeks at a time just to play the market. They are the ones who contribute to driving the market prices up. So just take away all but the 24 hour protection. I also have no problem with a reduction in the amount of gold it covers. Cut the amount in half of what it is now. I think that both of these things are a good compromise and would help with the problem.

#486 xraineyx

xraineyx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:03

stuff

I do that for him, not a forum squabble :roll:

#487 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:04

i voted for the 2nd option, because people who solely level seem to be quite attached to their XP,but there are plenty of ways to protect your gold whilst hunting, i just think people have become lazy and just want to be able to press 12345678R using as little effort as possible.

#488 gbjoe1

gbjoe1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:05

1) Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players).
also there are wicked players out there , who would love to make every ones life sad by deleveling a player to the point where he would just quit (not every 1 likes pvp), having said that LIMIT LEVEL LOSS TO TWO...... :)
AS AWAYS THIS GAME ROCKS!!! THX gbjoe1

#489 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

stuff

I do that for him, not a forum squabble :roll:

Nice 1st ever forum post Rainey lmao!

#490 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

What about reducing the amount of time pvp protection can be bought for. If one is truly buying it for hunting protection and getting rid of gold from a hunt or as a guild founder making a large guild deposit then the 24 hour protection is usually more than sufficient. Personally I think that the problems come in when people buy it for weeks at a time just to play the market. They are the ones who contribute to driving the market prices up. So just take away all but the 24 hour protection. I also have no problem with a reduction in the amount of gold it covers. Cut the amount in half of what it is now. I think that both of these things are a good compromise and would help with the problem.

I use PvP protection, and I want to see as low MP as possible. So, I buy expensive gold (trimming the top end). Then later, when gold price is lot lower than I paid, I sell my gold. So how come this rise MP? I have trouble understanding how, can you please explain? Or is that just a made up excuse to get rid of MP?

#491 blenok

blenok

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:07

Leave it as it is...

#492 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:07

that make the cathedral map lvl 1 with 30 stamina is possible to go, is cheaper than 30 fsps points

so why not create a cathedral where they can be safe? the price of protection would not be able to protect its relics ...

hmmm... a stamina burn traveling to the safe "cathedral" after each hunt. Also, Have an entry fee (gold sink). Or sell a teleport potion in special AH for gold, or loyalty reward (gold purchase option).

Burns stamina, sinks gold, offers PvP protection for those willing to pay for it. Many won't, so the PvPers still have targets....

hmmm.....

#493 TRBLmaker

TRBLmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:10

288 Players voted yes for PvP protection , i bet 10% of them really use it .. remove it and make the BB alive and will add more fun to the game + it will stop cowards from hidding :P

x4gK4aR.png

#494 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:11

In a perfect world with respectable PVP , we should be able to earn PVP protection with returning attacks ( and take out the upgrade for cash). People who pvp in this game aren't trustworthy, and I'm sure someone would try to abuse the reward

#495 fs_weasey9

fs_weasey9
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:12

i don't do pvp, but i accept its part of the game. i choose the option to just leave it as it is. if its not broken, don't fix it!! ;D

#496 Freyana

Freyana

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:13

Although it isn't the most popular poll option at the moment - I think that the best solution would be to just lower the maximum amount of gold that can be protected with PvP Protection (for example change it to 1 million).

If you've already decided, why are you asking us? it is CLEAR that the majority of players want to keep the PvP protection AS-IS. This is because PvPers are a MINORITY... a loud minority.. but a minority.

So, are you going to do what we vote for? Or what you want to do?

I agree. Why have a poll if you are just going to go against the clear majority vote of the poll and do what you want to do anyway?

#497 althor istooshort

althor istooshort

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:13

i think pvp is part of the game but we who choose not to pvp should be able to do so

reason not to pvp

can not afford the high price gears

not in a guild that provides all the high price gears

main reason is we do not want to because we have to save our stam hunt our asses off to afford to buy fsp on a over priced market to get upgrades .

if you do not want full pvp protection sell deflect pots that are 95% deflect all attacks there is still a small chance you can get whooped in pvp

but if you have cave events and players want to have millions on them to play with the new gold sink why should they not be able to protect it and save some other player from hoarding it

so dump the pvp protection
but we would need
deflect of a high enough standard not affected by spell leach ( anti deflect works but only by increasing the chance )
hidden coffers at a cheap price

#498 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:14

In a perfect world with respectable PVP , we should be able to earn PVP protection with returning attacks ( and take out the upgrade for cash). People who pvp in this game aren't trustworthy, and I'm sure someone would try to abuse the reward

could you explain what respectable pvp is please and also how have you come to the conclusion that all pvpers are untrustworthy

#499 SkyWizard

SkyWizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:18

16:46 24/Aug/2012 Hi SkyWizard,

So far we have only had 399 votes on the poll about PvP Protection on the forum. We really want the communities opinion on this and if you can spare a few minutes we would really appreciate your vote and comments on it.

Forum Link: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107611

Cheers,
~ The Fallen Sword Team

PvP is suppose to be player vs player, right? but player vs player for what? gold? xp? to be number 1 in the game? or maybe the best super elite hunter?

Protection should never exist since it kills the meaning of player vs player. unless we call it player vs protection, it works also or even protection vs protection.

Everyone that joins the game, assuming they see or read tutorials, will know that combats between players can happen and therefore protection doesn't make sense.

Now,

considering 99.9% of the times attacked player is offline and the other 0.1% there is no warning of an attack coming, not everything should be gained or lost. First we have to consider the why.

I'm attacking for gold, I get all the gold, since when a burglar attacks someone for 10000 bucks and leaves 2k behind?

I do not remember that in pvp a player winning gaining xp, therefore xp shouldn't be lost either, after all, xp is only gained vs creatures.

If we go to the true meaning of PvP, it should be:

player 1 attacks and wins vs player 2, player 1 gets x points;
player 1 attacks and loses vs player 2, player 1 gets -x points and player 2 gets 2x points;
player 2 can attack back same amount of attacks suffered winning or losing x points depending also of the results;
bounties can't be placed by either side.

This would make pvp a true pvp and not a player vs guild and friends because I'm to affraid to attack back or to go to bounty board and lose 5 levels, etc etc.

Make pvp a real pvp and take the xp and gold out of it. make players fight players for something else

#500 dunga135

dunga135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:20

Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is h

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: