Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#501 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:21

Seriously, I need to know costs and percentages.

If pvp protection only protects 10% of the gold I can currently protect, I'd LIKE a 90% reduction in cost. I know, not likely, just sayin'.

I'm leaning toward the compromise, too, but I need specifics.

Sounds like many think we could eliminate pvp protection altogether if the BEHAVIOR of SOME was mitigated. Good luck. Would need another thread. ;-)

I'll adjust to whatever is decided, but I think protection should be long-term only. No 1-day, 7-day options. Monthly (or longer) and force players that want protection to do so as a lifestyle choice. Not just because they want to hunt or scavenge, etc.

#502 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:23

In a perfect world with respectable PVP , we should be able to earn PVP protection with returning attacks ( and take out the upgrade for cash). People who pvp in this game aren't trustworthy, and I'm sure someone would try to abuse the reward

could you explain what respectable pvp is please and also how have you come to the conclusion that all pvpers are untrustworthy

My idea of respectable PvP is people with skill, who don't bounty each other, but actually see who can win. People who don't take the easy way out. I'm seen far too many people who bounty when someone sends a returning attack. There's maybe like 3 people in this game that I've seen act like a true pvper

#503 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:23

Although it isn't the most popular poll option at the moment - I think that the best solution would be to just lower the maximum amount of gold that can be protected with PvP Protection (for example change it to 1 million).

I think the idea of reducing how much gold a person can hold while under PvP Protection is a reasonable compromise for everyonel depending on exactly how much gold that is limited too? I am not clear what Hoof meant by reducing the gold amount to 1 million? I think reducing it to 1k per level is more than fair...

I will explain: for example, currently I am level 650 VL " IF " I purchased PvP Protection I could safely hold up to 6.5 million gold and there is nothing no one can do about it.

Now, I personally do not feel there is any reason why anyone at my level range or any other level range really needs to have such an abundance of gold on hand??? The only reason a person might have such an extreme amount of gold on hand for days at a time is be cause they are playing and manipulating the market place listings.

My suggestion is that " IF " we are gonna reduce the limits of how much gold someone can have on hand while PvP Protected, I think 1 k gold per level is fair and more than reasonable for everyone. Especially when the biggest debate seems to be over experience loss here, which shouldn't be an issue at all given such a compromise.

So considering if we were to model my suggestion: A level 650 player that is PvP Protected would be able to hold 650,000 gold ( or 650k same thing) on hand safely, opposed to how it is right now at 6.5 Million Gold.

I do believe this model would help the game and the community in the long run.

Chazz

#504 abh3aw

abh3aw

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:24

i dont do pvp BUT it is part of the game i personnally dont do it .i dont even like it, i say drop the pvp protection way down if it comes to it people need to understand it is only a game ,and and if u quit or dont play because of the changes thats pretty sad if u ask me, dont it sound like when u threw a fit when mommy made a new rule :) learn to adapt its a game ,i enjoy it everybody has there opinion ,and agian i may not like but it wont change the fact i like this game i will adapt too thats just my thoughts . have fun

#505 EvilLyn

EvilLyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:25

Without reading 34 pages on my phone..... My thoughts are that pvp protection should be removed. You already had xp lock before. I read one post about how if protection is removed potion prices will jump, I beg to differ, potions were sold for gold before protection came out. There is plenty of retribution for pvp hitters now that every hit gets a bounty. Please remove this. Or if you keep it, remove the gold protection on it.

Thank you.

#506 Freyana

Freyana

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:26

What about reducing the amount of time pvp protection can be bought for. If one is truly buying it for hunting protection and getting rid of gold from a hunt or as a guild founder making a large guild deposit then the 24 hour protection is usually more than sufficient. Personally I think that the problems come in when people buy it for weeks at a time just to play the market. They are the ones who contribute to driving the market prices up. So just take away all but the 24 hour protection. I also have no problem with a reduction in the amount of gold it covers. Cut the amount in half of what it is now. I think that both of these things are a good compromise and would help with the problem.

I use PvP protection, and I want to see as low MP as possible. So, I buy expensive gold (trimming the top end). Then later, when gold price is lot lower than I paid, I sell my gold. So how come this rise MP? I have trouble understanding how, can you please explain? Or is that just a made up excuse to get rid of MP?

As many have pointed out there are people who create a false bottom on the MP by placing a higher bid which in turn runs each bid after it up a little higher and ones after that even higher. That is how some manipulate the marketplace and keep the prices high. They know they will force the levelers and people wanting to get rid of their gold to post their bid around or higher than the one they placed which in turn creates this false bottom. So although you may be buying higher and placing lower you as one person can not keep up with all of the bids being placed to offset this manipulation. That is why I suggested dropping all but the 24 hour protection. The 24 hour protection would still allow you to do what you described. You would just have to convert to fsp, deposit the gold or buy more protection after the 24 hour period was up. I would not even mind if the cost of the protection were also available in gold. It would make a good gold sink.

#507 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:28

I'll adjust to whatever is decided, but I think protection should be long-term only. No 1-day, 7-day options. Monthly (or longer) and force players that want protection to do so as a lifestyle choice. Not just because they want to hunt or scavenge, etc.

If that ever happened ( long term protection only) I;'d hope it would include a stipulation that ANY attack on another player = void of pvp rubber. IE: a player could not gvg or pvp whatsoever if protected.

I still hope protection is removed( with xp lock upgrade cost being reduced dramatically ie: 4 or 5 fsp to lock) or Keep protection and it only protects xp and NOT gold ( for a cheap amount of fsp)

#508 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:28

In a perfect world with respectable PVP , we should be able to earn PVP protection with returning attacks ( and take out the upgrade for cash). People who pvp in this game aren't trustworthy, and I'm sure someone would try to abuse the reward

could you explain what respectable pvp is please and also how have you come to the conclusion that all pvpers are untrustworthy

My idea of respectable PvP is people with skill, who don't bounty each other, but actually see who can win. People who don't take the easy way out. I'm seen far too many people who bounty when someone sends a returning attack. There's maybe like 3 people in this game that I've seen act like a true pvper

I strongly disagree, what your talking about is the arena, and most pvpers want to get hit back, it gives them chance to make new friends. also all pvpers i know never bounty a return hit unless it is part of a conflict

#509 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:31

What about reducing the amount of time pvp protection can be bought for. If one is truly buying it for hunting protection and getting rid of gold from a hunt or as a guild founder making a large guild deposit then the 24 hour protection is usually more than sufficient. Personally I think that the problems come in when people buy it for weeks at a time just to play the market. They are the ones who contribute to driving the market prices up. So just take away all but the 24 hour protection. I also have no problem with a reduction in the amount of gold it covers. Cut the amount in half of what it is now. I think that both of these things are a good compromise and would help with the problem.

I use PvP protection, and I want to see as low MP as possible. So, I buy expensive gold (trimming the top end). Then later, when gold price is lot lower than I paid, I sell my gold. So how come this rise MP? I have trouble understanding how, can you please explain? Or is that just a made up excuse to get rid of MP?

As many have pointed out there are people who create a false bottom on the MP by placing a higher bid which in turn runs each bid after it up a little higher and ones after that even higher. That is how some manipulate the marketplace and keep the prices high. They know they will force the levelers and people wanting to get rid of their gold to post their bid around or higher than the one they placed which in turn creates this false bottom. So although you may be buying higher and placing lower you as one person can not keep up with all of the bids being placed to offset this manipulation. That is why I suggested dropping all but the 24 hour protection. The 24 hour protection would still allow you to do what you described. You would just have to convert to fsp, deposit the gold or buy more protection after the 24 hour period was up. I would not even mind if the cost of the protection were also available in gold. It would make a good gold sink.

Is is false bottom if gold doesn't sell in 24h? There is no such thing as false bottom, I have seen mp complitely empty multiple times in this year, eg those who have created 'false bottom' for 60fsp @ 120k have also sold their gold. So please re-think whole false bottom concept?

#510 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:32

If we go to the true meaning of PvP, it should be:

player 1 attacks and wins vs player 2, player 1 gets x points;
player 1 attacks and loses vs player 2, player 1 gets -x points and player 2 gets 2x points;
player 2 can attack back same amount of attacks suffered winning or losing x points depending also of the results;
bounties can't be placed by either side.

This would make pvp a true pvp and not a player vs guild and friends because I'm to affraid to attack back or to go to bounty board and lose 5 levels, etc etc.

Make pvp a real pvp and take the xp and gold out of it. make players fight players for something else

See, I don't PvP, as I'm rather found of my levelling and XP... BUT if PvP were tweaked to this:
(1) that XP was unaffected (gold not that fussed about) and (2)you could have a a 'free' retal option that meant you lost the option to bounty the person, and they couldn't bounty you for retalling, then I would be happy to lose PvP protection.

#511 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:34

strongly disagree, what your talking about is the arena, and most pvpers want to get hit back, it gives them chance to make new friends. also all pvpers i know never bounty a return hit unless it is part of a conflict

Anyway, if pvp protection could be earned, it would be ok to get rid of the protection, and i'd venture into PVP.

#512 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

now it seems we cannot even go with a democratic vote because some people HCS and players disagree with the result,, why bother having us all participate in this process if you want to ignore it!!!!!! just wasting every bodies time and effort posting in this discussion ,, maybe I amjust wasting my time playing this game ,, !!!,, just need to look at the current war 5 guilds attacking one , where is the honor , fun , respect in that???? just bullying in a school playground mentality,, and you wonder why we do not like PvP!!!!!!

#513 Freyana

Freyana

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Is is false bottom if gold doesn't sell in 24h? There is no such thing as false bottom, I have seen mp complitely empty multiple times in this year, eg those who have created 'false bottom' for 60fsp @ 120k have also sold their gold. So please re-think whole false bottom concept?

Yes, the MP does empty on occasion. But that does not negate the fact that people do manipulate the prices. I realize we will likely not agree on this subject and I can not state my point any clearer than I have so I am just going to have to agree to disagree with you on this.

#514 dunga135

dunga135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:38

I suggest removing the possibility of
losing xp and keeping the pvp
protection but increase the Deflect
Chance buff.

#515 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:40

Yes, the MP does empty on occasion. But that does not negate the fact that people do manipulate the prices. I realize we will likely not agree on this subject and I can not state my point any clearer than I have so I am just going to have to agree to disagree with you on this.

Q: Then why people list gold in such high prices, over the 'false bottom'? A: To get ride of their gold, so they don't get PvP'd, loose lot of XP and loose most of their gold. If players wouldn't be in danger to loose their gold, it would be better just sit on your gold you have gained on hunt, and when suitable situation occurs, spend gold on crafting / scavanging / mp / donate to guild / whatever, thus resulting situation where MP is under 100k.

#516 Freyana

Freyana

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:42

Q: Then why people list gold in such high prices, over the 'false bottom'? A: To get ride of their gold, so they don't get PvP'd, loose lot of XP and loose most of their gold. If players wouldn't be in danger to loose their gold, it would be better just sit on your gold you have gained on hunt, and when suitable situation occurs, spend gold on crafting / scavanging / mp / donate to guild / whatever, thus resulting situation where MP is under 100k.

If you had read what I said then you would see that I agree with you as to why people post their gold over the false bottom so I am not sure what your argument or point is here?

#517 fs_recon56

fs_recon56
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:44

I say leave as is!

#518 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:45

aaaa snowy you are talking about the good old times when there was a code of conduct .... Before smasher tokens ladder and everything else messed it up. And a new generation of "pvp-ers" that play by their own rules , far far away from the old school peeps....

#519 VegasLiv1

VegasLiv1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:46

Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. I would consider leaving this game if you remove it. :/ It really is a no brainer. PVP protection is an option that is necessary.

#520 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:48

Mae: that's what i was thinking. Writing from my phone is tediuos. ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: