Photo

Titan Hunting Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
552 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting? (331 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting?

1. Voted Yes (268 votes [80.97%])

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

2. Voted No (63 votes [19.03%])

Percentage of vote: 19.03%

Vote

#521 Eru

Eru

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 18:54

[quote name="Blenny"]The problem here is that those who are crying are doing so because their scared that their massive fsp profits are going to be slashed. They say that they enjoy Titan hunting because they love it. If they truly loved it then they wouldn't expect nothing or little in return, but what they really want is the fsps. When the first TA Titan came out FFS got the drop and put it in the AH for buy now price of 3500 and bid now of 2000. Those numbers don't look like they love hunting it, but what those numbers show me is that they love fsps![/quote]

[quote name="nikec7590i"]i like this update, now final some others guild can hunting titan not only ffs guild in most cases :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P[/quote]

[quote name="mickabooth"][quote name="Revitalize"][quote name="MummRa"]7 day cool down feature is best part of this update[/quote]

i completely agree. FFS has been farming epics off most of these titans and we (the rest of FS that plays fairly) need a crack at these epics. i bet the market will even drop some but thats just my opinion.[/quote]

i totally agree with you both but that will just give the higher level players 7 days to gain there stam to full for the next titan hunt[/quote]

[quote name="BobDole321"]here is an Idea.. For all those whining stop joining TOP guilds. Join a smaller guild that isn't dominating.. The way it was set up before was the Rich were only getting richer.. paying people to titan hunt/pvp well after they got rich from it other guilds couldn't keep up and everyone else was getting smashed.. This is a fair method.. the only ones who are really crying are FFS and TTF members.. maybe they should try to do it with a normal guild and play the game completely.. Hunting, pvp, Titan and they won't cry..

The people crying are the ones that want this game to be TOO easy.. they want to get so much fsp that they get to EOC faster by maxing All their stats and then whine because you guys aren't pumping out content fast enough.[/quote]

[quote name="BobDole321"][quote name="Crzy"]This update isn't about giving non-titan hunting guilds a free win button to Secures, it's about allowing other players/guilds to try it out and hopefully have fun doing it. If it does indeed do that, then the update was a success and should be better for the overall game.

So you took years to get good? This update doesn't change that. You will still secure top 2 no problem, and there will be other titans to secure. By the time you're done going through the rotation, you'll be back to the original titan you secured. HCS adding new titans will only help with this, so your uber titan hunting team won't be sitting idle long. And if it's the lack of competition you think you'll have; well I'm sure if FFS secures Fawkes they won't just sit for 7 days to let everyone else secure all other titans during the wait for Fawkes. And with more people trying to titan hunt, you'll have even more competition to fight with.

I do believe 7 days is awfully long for the seasonals though but the lowered TKP does seem to help. Last year the Fawkes seemed to take forever to spawn and it had people begging HCS to force-spawn it. This year it looks to be spawning a lot more with the Mellow man, so whether that's intentional or not, it was a good thing.

Oh and a side note, shame on you TTF members for putting down laptribe's 61 Oggy kills. He was trying to make a point about a previous post stating 2nd place and hunting a titan for 30 minutes wasn't worth it. To him, that 61 kills on 300 stam was well worth it and he was proud of it. People like him are what keep this game alive, and I hope he's the type of person HCS is catering to when they keep this update.[/quote]

BINGO!! but the top 2 guilds want to control The most expensive drops and this stops them from it..[/quote]

[quote name="bloodyends"][quote name="Oldskool76"][quote name="Hoofmaster"]First, if a Guild places first against a Titan, they will not be able to hunt that particular Titan again for seven days. This change is to ensure all guilds have an opportunity to secure a Titan win. We feel this is particularly important with new and seasonal Titans.[/quote]

So, if I am asleep or offline for a bit and the guild secures a titan, I am then unable to participate in titan hunting (for that titan) for SEVEN DAYS.

This goes against everything you have always stated about making all aspects of the game available to everyone.

Please add the following -
Any player who won an arena item cannot enter that type of arena for seven days
Any player who won the ladder band cannot opt in for seven days
etc[/quote]

[quote name="Richiem"]FFS and other titan hogging factions have finally been thwarted, maybe it isn't going to be as grand, but it'll at least let newer guilds a chance at these epics :) , I don't think it's fair to have the only way to get the titan epics is to either battle it thousands of times just for the tkp to get the item, or get like 300 FSP at least to buy it[/quote]

[quote name="Bahamut101"][quote name="Trecar"]jshep74, i don't remember you complaining when we lived with the GvG changes for over a year, which most definitely penalised the best guilds in that particular aspect of the game.
And frankly, i doubt you have been very vocal within your own guild about those who have been circumventing the rules to win at all costs. Those are the people who have necessitated these changes.
Bad players crying? Do you mean those who don't write and use illegal scripts asking for a level playing field for all, and finally being listened to?

Edit: I voted yes for the changes, not because i think it is fair to have a 7 day "cooling", i don't. If guilds go en masse and secure more kills, good luck to them. I voted yes because i think it is fair that those who turn up with 2 players and get 10 times more kills than anyone else, and who have dominated Titan hunting by unfair means for several years are finally reined in.....[/quote]

FFS was built by players who have cheated the system to be the best :P The cows are making it fair so they are mad. Pretty sure most of their upgrades got built when the bug was around for sending yourself FSP[/quote][/quote]

This will be my final post to this particular thread because there is no sense in us commenting anymore because in the end it isn't that the old system was unfair, it is more that a few people are simply too lazy to put in the desired work to put up a decent fight. I also just wanted to point out the proficient use of personally intended attacks on our and another's guild. I think this is rude and uncalled for. Our opinion matters just the same. Please people, remember that we are people and players just the same and just because we SEEM like we are cheating. It doesn't mean we are cheating just because we are decent at what we do. If you are saying that we cheat and are still here then you are more of attacking HCS in that regard by saying that they can't catch us to get rid of us. I apologize on if I have offended any of you and it would be great if we could receive the same because it truly is uncalled for.

#522 laptribe

laptribe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 19:04

This will be my final post to this particular thread because there is no sense in us commenting anymore because in the end it isn't that the old system was unfair, it is more that a few people are simply too lazy to put in the desired work to put up a decent fight. I also just wanted to point out the proficient use of personally intended attacks on our and another's guild. I think this is rude and uncalled for. Our opinion matters just the same (personally should be more because we have more than likely raised more money than certain other players.. Not pointing fingers like the players above though). Please people, remember that we are people and players just the same and just because we SEEM like we are cheating. It doesn't mean we are cheating just because we are decent at what we do. If you are saying that we cheat and are still here then you are more of attacking HCS in that regard by saying that they can't catch us to get rid of us. I apologize on if I have offended any of you and it would be great if we could receive the same because it truly is uncalled for.

Eruantion i am on your side here it doesn't matter what aspect of this game you play or how good you are people who see you do well automatically think of you as cheating if your slightly better then them at something i would like to see others win the titans but just cos ffs win a few doesn't mean your cheating and with the size of your guild why would you need to cheat your big enough to beat them anyway

#523 Eru

Eru

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 19:09

This will be my final post to this particular thread because there is no sense in us commenting anymore because in the end it isn't that the old system was unfair, it is more that a few people are simply too lazy to put in the desired work to put up a decent fight. I also just wanted to point out the proficient use of personally intended attacks on our and another's guild. I think this is rude and uncalled for. Our opinion matters just the same (personally should be more because we have more than likely raised more money than certain other players.. Not pointing fingers like the players above though). Please people, remember that we are people and players just the same and just because we SEEM like we are cheating. It doesn't mean we are cheating just because we are decent at what we do. If you are saying that we cheat and are still here then you are more of attacking HCS in that regard by saying that they can't catch us to get rid of us. I apologize on if I have offended any of you and it would be great if we could receive the same because it truly is uncalled for.

Eruantion i am on your side here it doesn't matter what aspect of this game you play or how good you are people who see you do well automatically think of you as cheating if your slightly better then them at something i would like to see others win the titans but just cos ffs win a few doesn't mean your cheating and with the size of your guild why would you need to cheat your big enough to beat them anyway

Well, I lied, this will (hopefully) be my last post lol.. But thank you, and that is exactly my point.. That is virtually the only way you can dominate a titan on the new map is sheer numbers and perhaps this new update will be good once they get the new titans out but until they give us something else to chew on, all the mainstream titan guilds will be focused specifically on the bad.. So hopefully HCS gets with it and gets those new titans out there so there won't be any more complaining ;)

#524 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2012 - 19:15

Our opinion matters just the same (personally should be more because we have more than likely raised more money than certain other players.. Not pointing fingers like the players above though).

While I am sure your post was with good intentions, this is the one thing that drew my attention from it, and I have to say it's disappointing to see such an attitude with regards to anyone in this game ( not just you) feeling more important then other players because the almighty dollar. :(

#525 Eru

Eru

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 19:20

Our opinion matters just the same (personally should be more because we have more than likely raised more money than certain other players.. Not pointing fingers like the players above though).

While I am sure your post was with good intentions, this is the one thing that drew my attention from it, and I have to say it's disappointing to see such an attitude with regards to anyone in this game ( not just you) feeling more important then other players because the almighty dollar. :(

Mae, It by far wasn't meant to come off that I feel more important because I donate.. It is more like the fact that people tend to judge other people because they DO donate.. Like we didn't earn our placement because we purchased things from the company.. That was more of the intention because in the end the donators are part of the reason this game is still running.. They wouldn't do it if they didn't make money.. Apologies for the bad wording though Mae ;)

#526 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 November 2012 - 19:33

As of the time I post, there were 319 responds to the survey. I would assume that everyone who posted to this topic voted....except me. (for obvious reasons!) This is pretty pathetic considering the mass mailing HCS sent out to alert everyone to the fact that change was in the offing. While the posts in this thread seem to be passionate, there would seem to be a decided lack of interest amongst most of the players about it. At least that's how I see it from here, where all the buffs are maxed, the potions epic, and all the gear if perfect and fully forged!

#527 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 November 2012 - 19:38

+1

BigGrim, just to be clear. If a guild secures a titan (gets more than 50% of the kills) and gets the drop, they will have to wait 7 days to hunt that titan again. Also, when a guild earns enough TKP to buy a titan item, the 7 day ban will also be applied.

That's what we're considering, yes.

So if a guild finishes 1st, but does not get a drop or have enough TKP to buy the item, they will not get the 7 day ban?

Correct.

Also, does the TKP ban go into effect when the guild uses TKP to purchase the item or as soon as the guilds TKP is high enough?

I would say if the TKP can pay for an item (perhaps once the Titan is killed,) the Guild goes onto Cooldown.

+1

#528 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 20:21

If Hcs released the new titans b4 making this uptade, people wouldn't argue this much. That's what I think about titan hunting changes.

+1

#529 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 21:03

Personally I love this update. I am on a slow connection far from the servers, so with many active hunters on map, I do not get much of a chance of any kills..Now, with at least some hunters gone now and then, my guild and myself finally get a chance to get a few kills.

And as before mentioned by others, it is not as if its a long ban really, as some of the titans only spawn a couple of times during a week anyway, so maybe the top huntinhg guilds miss out on one or two hunts of that particular titan..so what..that gives others a shot at not having to go without items needed.

As for the seasonal titans, there are so few of those spawning, that it is only t\reasonalbe and fair that as many guilds as possible gets a chance of getting the drop..either by securing it or by gathering points a few at a time.

LOVE IT :P :P :P :P :P

#530 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2012 - 21:14

wow HCS people dont titan hunt because of ping times people with faster ping times will always win a titan drop and what about the level of the titan for over half of them there is only so many that have the level and gear to do so did you think about that. people cant be on 24/7 and all your gonna do is create break off guilds just to hunt a titan cause some players could be asleep or working. But really if you want people to hunt a titan take all these silly rules and just have one rule all ping times get lowered to the slowest in the room so all can move at the same rate of speed. this is why i dont hunt titans and never will my 3.84 pin time will never be fast enough even with this update :{

I like this idea. Then I would be able to get kills as well. But I doubt people would like the speed I move on about 1-2 secs or so each step

#531 grante28

grante28

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 21:30

In my personal opinion this update is extremely unfair. Sure my guild gets lots of drops and we have a lot of TKP's but the point is we work together as a guild to get these. We DO NOT have just a few people hunting Titans constantly we have half the guild helping to secure these items. I feel like this is a direct stab at bigger guilds who actually use teamwork. To be fair with you most of us don't have a super fast internet connection but our teamwork is what gets us these items. Why should we be punished because we work together and get these items.
This is what I purpose.
1) If a guild gets over 50% of the total TKP's then they are not allowed to earn the DROP until 7 days has past.
2) If a guild does get the Drop during there so called "Cool down" they are allowed to hunt the titan and they can even get first place with the bonus TKPs however they cannot get the DROP even if they got 100% of the TKPs.

I think that this would be the only way to make it fair. Why punish us if we are working as a team, having fun, and using our stamina. Its not like we are making millions here.

#532 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 21:48

1. Guild 7-day cool down should take effect after a secure or when TKP in guild bank is enough for a reward. This means a 1st-place non secure is only on cool down if the TKP earned puts them up to a reward level. Means you can hunt seasonal until you get a reward basically and quest elementals are never on cool down.

That actually sounds totally reasonable. I like that idea. What does everyone else think?

+1 This is the one, I think its an awesome idea, Yes you get banned from the titan for 7 days but you do get a shiny Epic

Also i read earlier (To lazy to find an quote) someone suggested a titan for new players i think this is a good idea as it gives them new and good experience, unlike mine ( Wooo Ogalith got like 50 kills after chasing it around like a maniac for a few hours)

Also an idea where the titan stays still i like the concept but in the same position defeats the point of titan hunting it might aswell be called free epics for everyone. Maybe HCS just increase the amount of attacks it takes before it moves (Aka the titan stays still for a minute or 2 instead of 10 seconds.

#533 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 23:48

In my personal opinion this update is extremely unfair. Sure my guild gets lots of drops and we have a lot of TKP's but the point is we work together as a guild to get these. We DO NOT have just a few people hunting Titans constantly we have half the guild helping to secure these items. I feel like this is a direct stab at bigger guilds who actually use teamwork. To be fair with you most of us don't have a super fast internet connection but our teamwork is what gets us these items. Why should we be punished because we work together and get these items.

what makes you think other guilds do not work as a team to also secure drops, or at least some points?

be fair..some guilds are so small that even if all members able to hunt the titan are online, there will still be only 3-4 players at the most from that guild hunting said titan. in my guild I am the only player able to hunt at least 2 of the titans, and those I never go for as there is no point, and I cant kill them anyway I guess...and if one guild big enough to hunt the higher ones are unable to for a week it just means some others will be also able to maybe secure an item

1. Guild 7-day cool down should take effect after a secure or when TKP in guild bank is enough for a reward. This means a 1st-place non secure is only on cool down if the TKP earned puts them up to a reward level. Means you can hunt seasonal until you get a reward basically and quest elementals are never on cool down.

That actually sounds totally reasonable. I like that idea. What does everyone else think?

+1 This is the one, I think its an awesome idea, Yes you get banned from the titan for 7 days but you do get a shiny Epic

I like that idea too

#534 cramble27

cramble27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 00:37

Your guild is not eligible to hunt this titan as it has achieved the most kills on this titan within the last 7 days.

I was just trying to kill skaldir. My guild has not secured it in over a week. I hunted it a few days ago and we got 3rd place. Is something wrong with the new system? (this totally stinks, I want to hunt it, but can't and it looks like there is 2, maybe 3 people killing it, so easy kills for them)

#535 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 00:37

Add a ticker somewhere so we can know when we can go after said titan again after a secure/1st place win please.

#536 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:41

:D I like the idea, also was voted on but like always those who profit the most from this complain cannot please everyone lol

#537 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02

Before I comment anything else could someone (if possible HCS) tell me if my speed is good enough to Titan Hunt efficiently?

My Ping is 14 ms

My download speed is 40 mbps

My upload speed is 8 mbps

Any comments?

Thanks

#538 cramble27

cramble27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:07

Before I comment anything else could someone (if possible HCS) tell me if my speed is good enough to Titan Hunt efficiently?

My Ping is 14 ms

Any comments?

Thanks

My download is at most 10 mbps and my upload is like 1 LOL You should be fine, but you may find that you get the error message you are moving too fast :shock:

#539 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:06

My Ping is 14 ms

Any comments?

Thanks

My download is at most 10 mbps and my upload is like 1 LOL You should be fine, but you may find that you get the error message you are moving too fast :shock:

Why should i get a error message for moving too fast :?:

#540 grante28

grante28

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:32

what makes you think other guilds do not work as a team to also secure drops, or at least some points?

be fair..some guilds are so small that even if all members able to hunt the titan are online, there will still be only 3-4 players at the most from that guild hunting said titan. in my guild I am the only player able to hunt at least 2 of the titans, and those I never go for as there is no point, and I cant kill them anyway I guess...and if one guild big enough to hunt the higher ones are unable to for a week it just means some others will be also able to maybe secure an item

What makes YOU think that Titan hunting is not fair. Everyone has the same chance as everyone else! Recruit more players. Get a bunch of people together. Why should I not be able to hunt because of your laziness? Why should YOU get a FREE epic without any competition when my guild and I work our butts off to get the epics we have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: