Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#541 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:34

NOW.. lets look at PvP

PvPers don't level as much as a rule (at least, those I've known)...

$0 for Protection
$0 for levelling

Since they don't level as much, they don't buy gear unless new sets come out...

Increasing BP slots for the vast amount of gear ( ive almost 400 and still wish I had more, never enough room). Buying More Combat sets, More max stam, Re leveling, BUYING fsp to BUY stam which is used to stomp during wars, or to relevel. Buying new arena gear and potions ( its mostly pvp) Buying new LE gear, Forging the gear.No idea where you;re getting the idea that pvps dont spend $ or level much O_o

#542 VegasLiv1

VegasLiv1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:35

:) Yes Moriah! You would be correct!

Conservatively:

100 FSP * just 100 players = 2500 FSP per 28 days = $1500

(this doesn't include any other "protection" level buys)

This allows levellers to buy more FSP to level higher, buy new gear, buy more bp spots, buy more stam.... ask any Fracker or any leveller over level 800 how much FSP they've sunk into this stream of bits...

---------------------

NOW.. lets look at PvP

$0 for Protection
$0 for levelling

SOO.... Lets get HCS to cut off a huge revenue stream and anger the majority... to please a pure minority of loud bullies.

This makes sooo much sense.

#543 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:37

Poll seems going for no change ...If most votes on "Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is" then be it don't make any change to pvp protection even so i didn't vote on this but ill gladly agree for most votes. :)

lets hope HCs listen for most votes

#544 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:41

When i started playing this game, dec. of 08 there were over 2500 players logged on at about any given time and pvp was not actually game changer for new players at this time. Now with just about 700 players logged in at times it is for the younger ones trying to get into this game. I see where some are completely hammmered out before they get 50 lvls under their belt by somone who has no more idea what pvp is at 50 lvls than someone at one lvl. They just want to terrorize the younger ones cause they got better gear, guild etc....So, my point is as i said earlier, if we want the game to progress and grow we gotta have a younger plyer base and running them off is not cutting it, so make some kind of exception for them (lower lvls) and have some kind of pvp protect for the ones that are strictly lvlers (they do donate and without donations, the pvp`rs don`t have anyone to get their gold from), unless just hitting for the sheer excitement of it. The rest of us will figure out who,what,where,why...completely cutting protect out will drop us from 700 active now to at best 600 active, you can bet on it,,,red

#545 hudsonbay

hudsonbay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:43

I choose option 3. Leave the pvp where it is.

#546 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:47

You people never cease to amaze me. I am considered a pvp player. But I level, I donate, I buy gear, I forge it, I buy potions, I buy buffs. All of that is important to our side of the game as well.

+1 . Only HCS ( and maybe some merchants and buffers) would know the real flows of RL cash, FSP and gold in game. I can only testify that clearing a high level player on the board means investing more than reward. Specially if you dont have free 1000+ buffs laying around.ALso PVP-ers tend to be gear geeks and they need to have personal top of the notch gear too. While levelers can have cozy cheap offline and best hunt gear guildtagged. Just saying the picture is complicated when you start stating "facts" about where HCS money would come from.

#547 fs_kumachan

fs_kumachan
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:54

there's people who like pvp games, i don't and i'm sure i'm not alone with my opinion.......i like to hunt and solve quests, so if i'm asked, i'm against everything that makes attacking players easier or cheaper or anything like that .....if some player wants to be in peace, so why can't she or he?

#548 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:55

Hoof .... The poll you created says it all. The. MAJORITY of FS players want PvP protection to stay as is. Thank you very much for the poll :)

Also even though im on the side of the winning poll I also would like to see a fair poll - >> I just voted twice and its open for a third vote" <<. May want to look into that Hoof :)

actually you can change ur vote the numbers change to reflect that

#549 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:56

SOO.... Lets get HCS to cut off a huge revenue stream and anger the majority... to please a pure minority of loud bullies.

This makes sooo much sense.

It works in RL so why not in game? lol

This post was because I'm bored.

#550 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:57

When i started playing this game, dec. of 08 there were over 2500 players logged on at about any given time and pvp was not actually game changer for new players at this time. Now with just about 700 players logged in at times it is for the younger ones trying to get into this game. I see where some are completely hammmered out before they get 50 lvls under their belt by somone who has no more idea what pvp is at 50 lvls than someone at one lvl. They just want to terrorize the younger ones cause they got better gear, guild etc....So, my point is as i said earlier, if we want the game to progress and grow we gotta have a younger plyer base and running them off is not cutting it, so make some kind of exception for them (lower lvls) and have some kind of pvp protect for the ones that are strictly lvlers (they do donate and without donations, the pvp`rs don`t have anyone to get their gold from), unless just hitting for the sheer excitement of it. The rest of us will figure out who,what,where,why...completely cutting protect out will drop us from 700 active now to at best 600 active, you can bet on it,,,red

I personally am not sure how big of an issue this is for newer and younger play characters coming into the game getting pvp'd or not. However opposed to shielding people from PvP, and I do realize this might be a leap here ... Perhaps maybe ... create a tutorial on how to properly pvp and be good at it? In addition maybe creating some type of crazy quest where someone has to randomly attack 25 different in game players to get a reward that would be a really great quest =)

That could work too, perhaps even better than just merely preventing people from getting PvP'd doesn't seem like a solution to me, however, teaching people how to PvP and how to excel at it if they want to learn it... That sound's far more beneficial for all younger and veteran players of the game.

Just my thoughts,

Chazz

I

#551 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:59

Conservatively:

NOW.. lets look at PvP
$0 for Protection
$0 for levelling

You people never cease to amaze me. I am considered a pvp player. But I level, I donate, I buy gear, I forge it, I buy potions, I buy buffs. All of that is important to our side of the game as well.

LIEZ!

#552 Arnagast

Arnagast

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:59

i personally do not care, the pvp is just an added way to enjoy the game. just because some may be whining about losing gold or exp...get better equipment lol. if you want to make pvp better, just make it where you dont lose as much exp but you still lose gold. i mean everyone just pk's for gold right. :mrgreen:

I would say I don't personally care either but then we are here talking about it, so it must be important enough to care about. Personally I do care about xp and gold because its taken me four years to get where I am and aslo I buy my own gear so gold is very important to me even more so to upgrade/forge items - its the best gold sink I can tell ya. That being said I know its a pvp orintated game which like the other week, I just hunted and had 2mil on me and then someone hit me and took the hole 2mil - gutted, no money for the guild and I was down what could of been 10fsps but hay!... its FS and I know (though I think the pvp side is all messed up) thats how the cookie crumbles in this game.

I like some suggestions mentioned here by people as a compromise but personally I don't see them working because you can always come up with a "big But" for why it wouldn't work. I don't envy the cows one bit on this choice or any choice when it comes down to pvp for that matter because we have two sides and someone is going to loose. Still I have been here through thick and thin, so they must be doing something right. I don't think the Cows get enough credit where due a lot of the time.

#553 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:00

My opinion is to keep it how it is however, there should be one change. Make it cost less to get the protection. A month of protection for 100 FSP is completely ridiculous. Players that would love protection for a month that are not loaded with FSP have no chance to get protection against gold thieves. That amount is not even worth the gold and experience that it would protect. That is like charging $6000 for a single condom when you should be able to get them for free from heath centers . . .

Rasputin17.jpg 

#554 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:03

Hoof .... The poll you created says it all. The. MAJORITY of FS players want PvP protection to stay as is. Thank you very much for the poll :)

Also even though im on the side of the winning poll I also would like to see a fair poll - >> I just voted twice and its open for a third vote" <<. May want to look into that Hoof :)

If that's the case, we can't use the poll results. That argument isn't valid anymore.

The thought of players manipulating the poll results to reflect their agenda is sickening. You can't even have a discussion these days without someone figuring out a way to cheat.

#555 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:04

LIEZ!

Better be careful. If you listen to the people around here, I'm a sociopath, gang member, school yard bully, and something else even scarier. Wordz like that will get you hurted!

Rawr and such!

#556 fs_qbit

fs_qbit
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:06

I see Why some are unhappy with PVP but it is part of the game , and i am personally sick of hearing players crying about pvp its part of the game as much as leveling is , stop railroading the the pvpers and get rid of pvp protection , that is why the BB exists if people dont like it there is always Farmville.

#557 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:08

LIEZ!

Better be careful. If you listen to the people around here, I'm a sociopath, gang member, school yard bully, and something else even scarier. Wordz like that will get you hurted!

Rawr and such!

Oh noes, be gentle mighty pvp warrior goddess. I has shiney goldz to offer you as penance for my blasphemy. :P

20:08 24/Aug/2012 You sent Calista 2 gold. :wink:

#558 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:09

My opinion is to keep it how it is however, there should be one change. Make it cost less to get the protection. A month of protection for 100 FSP is completely ridiculous. Players that would love protection for a month that are not loaded with FSP have no chance to get protection against gold thieves. That amount is not even worth the gold and experience that it would protect. That is like charging $6000 for a single condom when you should be able to get them for free from heath centers . . .

So, you want to keep protection the same, and make it cheaper so more people use it? Wow.

You shouldn't be protected against gold loss at all, consider it a stroke of luck that it was ever put into the game in the first place. Geez, people want everything for nothing. No wonder the game is in it's current state...

If I walk around town with 100 dollar bills hanging out of my pocket, someone is going to relieve me of them. If I don't want them to be stolen, I tuck them away in a safe place. This game is no different. If you want to walk around with 10 million, someone is going to mug you. If you want to keep it, you need to tuck that gold away in one of the MANY places that is available to you.

#559 Vappster

Vappster

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:10

As I said earlier, I only "abuse" the system with protection when someone abuses me. I've had people hit me because thats what they do with their leftover stam at the end of a hunt for prestige and the smasher medal. I dont have an issue with that in general, it's part of the game. Usually the person who's hitting me says hello and not to take it personally but I was there and thats what happened.

There are some folks out there who are just sociopaths about it however, and that's why the system should stay as it is. There's one player (whom I won't mention) that went after 2 other guildmates for no for no reason after I put protection on myself to stop him from hitting me every hour all night when I was asleep. That's mental illness, not pvp.

The way the system is set up now, it works. If you don't want to pvp you should pay to opt out. If some freak kept showing up at my house and smashing my windows and stealing my possessions, I'd get an attack dog, or hire someone to teach them a lesson if all else failed.

Same idea. I hate waking up in the morning to discover someone figured out my stats and whacked me all night just to take a level or two. That isnt pvp. The way that used to be I could put one bounty on them for all those hits, and they'd pm me all smug that "they'd be back". Now it's a risk. Hit me, and if you're a big enough dick you've hit others and they'll take you out. Just watched it happen to my favorite stalker and Im out of his range now, so he can deal with the consequences of his actions.

Leave things the way they are. If you don't want to play like that, you should be able to make it so. Im HAPPY to pay for protection when I can make it back in the process. Lots of work, but a good goal.

#560 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:10

Since i got 2 messages that i realy need to look into this forum thread, i will also give my 2 cents.

Personally, i like the pvp protection.
This comes from a pot brewer, who doesnt like his gold getting stolen all the time when selling his potions for gold, since they are mostly always cheapest that way in AH, therefore supplying the cummunity with cheap potions.
PvPers buy my potions too, then steal the money they paid for it.
So sure i like the protection, hell no im not gonna vote against it.
Why?

Because it was implemented *wrong spelling probably* into the game a while ago.
After this upgrade was made available, a part of the game died: PvP.
Therefore (i used invent alot of gear also, most people know my name from this..) all the invent gear that was used for pvp became worthless.
This made a few (read: a few from the very few people that are left here....) people quit again.
Sure, u have the pvp ladder, which is a joke as well, but like 75% of my sellings was gone due to all pvpers quitting the game, like alot of people KEEP QUITTING THE GAME cuz of these foolish and stupid one sides "upgrades" to the game.
Yes you make 10 people happy and stop their whine about it, but then u make 100 quit the game, its like this all the time with many upgrades (i prefer to call them DOWNGRADES) to this game.
You can see when i started playing this game, since that time it has changed so much, i can truly understand why so many people keep leaving it, sometmes i wonder wtf im still logging for after the way you treated me, yes im still mad and always will be.
Cant believe how you treat people like garbage.

This upgrade had nothing to do with Fallensword, it has more to do with: how can we milk this thing dry a bit better.
Same as this player reset, what was that about?
People where abusing it you say?
So when people swap their stats for (i think it was 50fsp before) a few times a day (who cares realy??) so they can hit somebody better, or counter somebody... or bully somebody (yea that is part of the game too!!), nono, lets "upgrade" it to 150fsp, so there is no more "abuse" ??? LMFAO get real.

Ive whined about your support (which isnt there at all it seems, except for 1 good person who sometimes helps..Xanako or something) which is the worst i will ever see in an online game in my damn life, god you are horrible and should be ashamed at how you treat people, REALY ashamed.
And i know i am rambling about something else then pvp protection you will think, but think again !
It HAS to do with pvp protection, because why exactly was this upgrade implemented again?
Nobody knows except your wallets.
And now you want to remove it again after it has broken the game for all this time, so that now everybody can buy/invent pvp gear again, donate for new gear and get suited up... then 6 month later some people go whine again and we have another poll about pvp protection??

GIVE ME A BREAK COWS SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God i want to use some words that will get me instant banned, all this anger i have towards you keeps getting back when iread these ignorant questions and polls, cuz les face it: in the end you dont listen anyway and do what is best for your damn wallets.

Leave this shit alone, or you should have used your damn brains for once BEFORE you implemented this.
Why is there no IRC chat anymroe, this should be a weekly thing.
Where the community helps you think about new things that should or could be implemented into this game, or changes that could make this game better instead of worse.
You think in dollars, while if you would have just listend to the community instead, you would make 10x the money u make now, since all the players that have left (or atleast most of them) would still be here playing and donating.

Gawd im so worked up again after writing a stupid comment
I hate you, and i REALY mean that.
All this time waisted on nothing BAH u make me puke.

edit:

I suggest you start listen to the right people for once, the people that loved this game for what it was.
Dont listen to the whining pvpers, dont listen to the whining levelers who get their gold stolen while hunting (THERE IS BUFFS TO PROTECT YOU YOU KNOW!! TRY DEFLECT! pfft.)
Start listning to the people who loved this game once.
There is not many left, so you better hurry if u want to save this game.

RYUVWTI.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: