koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 01 November 2012 - 18:14

took 3 hours for the first appearance of the tommy ache to be finished off...from the outside that looks good with the new map only change...JUST finished the quest to go to the realm :oops: lol so how was the hunt for everyone else?

Quiete hard, meny people on it ... even harder then the kraken when meny people on it. I do not know what Oldkool is talking about it being easy with new map ... competing against this meny wasn't easy.

After the 8 people of FFS secured it was better, more like a hard Oggy with them gone.

I meant easy as in point and click, rather than the old map which was using the keyboard to navigate which is much more involving

Old map was rather annoying since it took a whole page to load each move rather than only location which makes the new map much faster and more fairly for slower connections. You can still use keys ^^ I know I often do.

#42 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 19:17

Question: Why do you have to complete the quest Spooky Smashers to be able to get to the realm to kill the titan?

If you read Spook Smashers and notice the weapon you need to fight the Pesky Spooks (who are green floating uglies) you'll notice that we were riffing off of Ghost Busters, which is an awesome film. We didn't want to copy Mr. Staypuft, so Tommy Aches is a giant rampaging monster made of teacakes. So it's all thematically linked.

Teacake =

Posted Image

got to love a tunnock teacake :)
if ya cant beat them EAT them :P

#43 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 19:59

Glad to see FFS win first titan again :) like old days Congrats !

#44 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:40

Is this going to be a Halloween only Titan, Like Fawkes Wickerman?

And, I have to ask, will Fawkes Wickerman be spawning too? Sometime this Halloween season/event?

i believe it was said its a annual titan :o also, im also wondering if fawkes will spawn. he is a annual only titan after all :o

Might as well just hand out the titans epics to the guild who always takes them. It's not even a competition any more.

i kinda have to agree on this. theres only a few guilds that manage to get the 50%drops, and its frequently the same ones. i not saying thats wrong, but it sorta isnt a competition, just how many TKP can we get before its been secured XD

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#45 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:42

Please explain why this is good...or "fair" or makes things "even"...couldn't any hunter choose the classic or the new map and thus choose which map to use when hunting Titians ?

Players using the classic map were still using old scripts which do not function on the new map system. The way the new map functions ensures that everyone is on level footing.

No you think people are, I haven't seen anyone get banned for scripting ever since everything except FSH became the only legal script. Welp, once again Titans will become a big guilds dream. Now Titans will become even more boring, I actually like the actions used for the classic map instead of the constant clicking.

#46 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:50

kudos on the Ghost Busters Theme loved running around in the proton pack they are two of my favourite movies :)..

i hope to get a crack at the titan unlike the wickermans last year.

awesome job HCS

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#47 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:50

I hope wickermen is spawning.... on another note also i think taking the old map out made little to no effect on titan fairness as ttf/ffs are and will continue to dominate any titan...guess the thrill of titan hunting for old mapper's was crushed for nothing.(Don't believe me check the new titan kill log)

#48 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:55

I hope wickermen is spawning....

If I'm not totally outminded I think Wickerman is for another event that will be held at 5th November, but I'm not even sure 8)

#49 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 21:08

I hope wickermen is spawning....

If I'm not totally outminded I think Wickerman is for another event that will be held at 5th November, but I'm not even sure 8)

Wow event heaven lately, legendarys, new titan, wickerman maybe spawning, global event rofl!

#50 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 21:20

Ummm. I think the change is working as intended wrt old map? Did one magic hunter secure? Nope. 2 of the most well organized Titan hunting guilds cleaned house as they deserve. Kudos to them. No more single magic hunters securing.

#51 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 21:29

Ummm. I think the change is working as intended wrt old map? Did one magic hunter secure? Nope. 2 of the most well organized Titan hunting guilds cleaned house as they deserve. Kudos to them. No more single magic hunters securing.

Hello all titans becoming like Colossus :roll:

#52 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 21:48

9,250 TKP needed to buy it? heh GL :roll:

#53 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:07

Rhann - your right. We should put the old maps back and let the magic hunters have their way with the Titan. That will cap the decrease in the value of the epics :-)

#54 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:26

Rhann - your right. We should put the old maps back and let the magic hunters have their way with the Titan. That will cap the decrease in the value of the epics :-)

Supply + Demand. Magic Hunters aren't the cause its just people have more options when it comes to epic items these days. And why are you complaining about Epic Prices. Skally + Fuvy drops are hovering at around 300 fsp which in my opinion is very fair considering when they first came out 2,000+ fsp wasn't unheard of. Just so you know those Magic Hunters have more than just fast internet. It takes some skill to do what they were able to accomplish. Lets see you get perfect key strokes on 90% of a hunt while still beating competition to the spot. It isn't as easy as it sounds, heck titan hunting is now like NASCAR. Every car is exactly the same, and only the stupid person willing to watch the reload arrow spin for 4 hours straight will ever accomplish anything.

#55 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:41

aww diddums did you discover now lightfoot has gone you no longer have an advantage over anyone else cry me a river.Titan hunting always required teamwork Now if the best teams in the game secure titans 90% of the time who cares it is what they should do.That is why they are the best teams.
Personally I can keep hunting alone and I will get the rewards I earn just the same as everyone else.But I can do so knowing that its a far more even playing field for everyone out there now than it was before.

#56 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:45

Haha. I wasn't complaining, I thought you were based on the Colossus comment. I am me dense so I assumed it was because the Colossus drop was worth so little. Then I regret responding as I don't know what your point was. I originally posted because someone said nothing changed since banning the old map. I think it did since now Titan hunting is NASCAR. Pretty popular if I'm not mistaken. I guess I am for the 99% who don't have super fast Internet and ninja reflexes. I think everyone should have a crack at it. This is yotwehc and I approve this message

#57 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:52

aww diddums did you discover now lightfoot has gone you no longer have an advantage over anyone else cry me a river.Titan hunting always required teamwork Now if the best teams in the game secure titans 90% of the time who cares it is what they should do.That is why they are the best teams.
Personally I can keep hunting alone and I will get the rewards I earn just the same as everyone else.But I can do so knowing that its a far more even playing field for everyone out there now than it was before.

Look at it this way, and this is based off what you just said. So your hunting for TKP right? So that means someone is probably going to secure the Titan right? Then why do you care by what means they did it or who they did it with? Once its secured you still have half the TKP to hunt for TKP.

But good for them, I have no problem with Titan hunting teams. Takes some serious commitment and coordination to do what they do. But mostly all your seeing is the numbers game which you aren't getting. Bigger guilds are going to own titans (Put it this way, have the opportunity to if one so chooses). Classic gave people an advantage, which made an even playing ground between larger and smaller guilds in my opinion. But hey if you want an exciting part of the game to turn to one of the failures your already winning because HCS already changed it.

#58 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:55

you are totally missing the point FFS are winning because their team is more committed you want to win get a better TEAM or join one. simple as that

#59 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:57

Haha. I wasn't complaining, I thought you were based on the Colossus comment. I am me dense so I assumed it was because the Colossus drop was worth so little. Then I regret responding as I don't know what your point was. I originally posted because someone said nothing changed since banning the old map. I think it did since now Titan hunting is NASCAR. Pretty popular if I'm not mistaken. I guess I am for the 99% who don't have super fast Internet and ninja reflexes. I think everyone should have a crack at it. This is yotwehc and I approve this message

Uhm, I don't know what you've heard about NASCAR but it is in a decline. You know? Because they have such strict rules that no one can gain an advantage. Who wants to watch 390 laps on 40 cars in a giant pack? Then in the last 10 laps people actually starting trying to pass which is almost impossible because all the cars are EQUAL. Which is 100% like Titan Hunting, You make every person equal you lose interest.

#60 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 23:00

you are totally missing the point FFS are winning because their team is more committed you want to win get a better TEAM or join one. simple as that

Like I said I don't care if they win good for them. They are winning because of numbers, remember everyone is equal so how do they possibly have an advantage any other way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: