Photo

So Ladder Hits Are Still Bountyable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Bountying Ladder Hits (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Change it back or fix it?

1. Leave attacks bountyable (21 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Fix it so attacks can't be bountyied (27 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

Vote

#41 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 15:26

Whole PvP ladder needs change...

#42 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:09

We'll discuss whether the PvP Protection thing is an issue.

So just a couple of questions about the second portion of your statement. Who is the 'we' to whom you're referring? Also, is this discussion gonna take place in a public way here in the forum? Your vagueness leads me to believe you want to forget about this issue, that it will become another headache in a long list of things on the 'to do' list. If so, please communicate that with the player community.

What I'm trying to avoid is leaving an new update unfinished, one that will need to be revisited. It's one of the top complaints I have and hear from other players. I hope this is constructive.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#43 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:55

I'm going to be discussing PvP changes with BigGrim next week - I'll share with you all once we have a solid plan  :)

Has this discussion taken place yet?

#44 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:56

It's not next week yet, dont you know how that works? :P

#45 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:06

I too hope the discussion on what changes are made is public.

Edited by Davros81, 27 July 2014 - 21:56.

#46 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 19:24

So just a couple of questions about the second portion of your statement. Who is the 'we' to whom you're referring? Also, is this discussion gonna take place in a public way here in the forum? Your vagueness leads me to believe you want to forget about this issue, that it will become another headache in a long list of things on the 'to do' list. If so, please communicate that with the player community.

What I'm trying to avoid is leaving an new update unfinished, one that will need to be revisited. It's one of the top complaints I have and hear from other players. I hope this is constructive.

Is it possible to get an answer please?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#47 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:43

The only reason I say leave as is right now is that there are not many on the bb. The process does need to be looked at. I think if we was getting more active bb players then I would say not to have pvp player ladder hits on bb. The question I have what are we going to do with bb and pvping.  I really missed the old days when I come on look on bb and see several pages of bounties to go after. Now days I barely see a six or so if I am lucky.  I do agree pvpers can take care of themselves no doubt.  If bounty board was more active the ladder nearly could be separated from pvping but as it is the two processes kind of feed each other sort of.  I hope hcs will open the topic up for community to help express their thoughts. I also hope the community will not flame each other on the topic of bb and pvping improvements.  It will take hcs and fs community together to work on future improvements of bb and pvping. ;)  

#48 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 20:17

A friend and I conducted a test with deflect.  It seems like deflected hits can no longer bountied.  He attacked me first, I lost exp, and was able to bounty him.  While, when I attacked him, I was deflected, he wasn't able to bounty me.  Is this a bug or was it intentionally put into the game? If it was intentionally, why wasn't it announced like every update is?

#49 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 23:18

A friend and I conducted a test with deflect.  It seems like deflected hits can no longer bountied.  He attacked me first, I lost exp, and was able to bounty him.  While, when I attacked him, I was deflected, he wasn't able to bounty me.  Is this a bug or was it intentionally put into the game? If it was intentionally, why wasn't it announced like every update is?

I submitted a ticket on this very issue several weeks ago, very shortly after the last pvp update that no longer allowed ladder hits to be bountyable and it was UTTERLY ignored. I had deflected an incoming pvp attack that was not a ladder hit and was unable to post his bounty. I was told that off ladder deflected hits are still bountyable, even though they were not. Its a glitch that either the cow gods are ignoring or too lazy to fix.

#50 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:30

I submitted a ticket on this very issue several weeks ago, very shortly after the last pvp update that no longer allowed ladder hits to be bountyable and it was UTTERLY ignored. I had deflected an incoming pvp attack that was not a ladder hit and was unable to post his bounty. I was told that off ladder deflected hits are still bountyable, even though they were not. Its a glitch that either the cow gods are ignoring or too lazy to fix.

I have also submitted a few tickets regarding this.  Only reply I get is the coders are working on it.  So, I decided to check out the updated road map and voila! I found this. Fix avoiding PvP Protection + PvP Ladder to avoid bounties.  So, I do hope that this will be fixed, if it was unintentional. 

#51 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:47

that was updated close to a month ago.nothing..dev. roadmap is in sore need of some attention...getting further and further behind..bg needs some help...where is zorg ? he says he took over dev. roadmap...slowwer updates than when hoof was trying to do the updates...getting really frustrating seeing things that are to be done taking months longer than they should...please cows get back to the roadmap..hire someone ...do something..doing nothing is just making more and more players upset..

#52 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 16:18

that was updated close to a month ago.nothing..

The update was actually more then two months ago!  Look at the first post of this thread's date. However, I do agree with the rest of what you said.

[Signature removed]

#53 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:09

The funny fact is that the only person receiving real money with FS is HCS, not us, and even with that we give more attetion to the game than the cows, most of the times.

#54 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:02

The funny fact is that the only person receiving real money with FS is HCS, not us, and even with that we give more attetion to the game than the cows, most of the times.

That is utter nonsense. Fallen Sword get's regular updates and we constantly work on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: